hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched Jack Ross post match interview that he did for DUTV. He really comes across as if he doesn't want to be there. I reckon he'll be gone by the end of the month
    Can't help but enjoy his current troubles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Can't help but enjoy his current troubles.
    Why? Did a decent job for us overall.

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    Thought jack Ross conducted himself well even after he left hibs !didn't seem bitter or had anything bad to say about us ! Don't wish him any bad and or would gloat or enjoy the guy having a rough time which he probably is at the moment!

Promising Youngster Sgt. Hartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Thought jack Ross conducted himself well even after he left hibs !didn't seem bitter or had anything bad to say about us ! Don't wish him any bad and or would gloat or enjoy the guy having a rough time which he probably is at the moment!
    He did comment on the Martin Boyle transfer situation which was pretty strange and out of place. Didn’t agree with a lot Maloney had to see during his tenure but he was 100% correct in calling out Jack Ross for commenting on that

@hibs.net private member phoenixfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    He did comment on the Martin Boyle transfer situation which was pretty strange and out of place. Didn’t agree with a lot Maloney had to see during his tenure but he was 100% correct in calling out Jack Ross for commenting on that
    Yeah said he hoped hibs wouldn't stand in Boyle's way of a life changing move ( money wise I think) cause Boyle had worked so hard for it! Maybe he should have said nothing as he wasn't at hibs anymore though did hear Ross and boyle got on well ! Probably journalist asked Ross anyhow ! Don't see any bad in it to be honest with you as for Maloney total clueless clown !

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Same here. He's a good bloke and and you can see he's feeling the strain. Looked unwell during his interview yesterday. I wonder if the Dundee job might have been a better fit for him, allowing him to rebuild from a less pressured base.

Some on here seem to have a really bitter dislike for him and are revelling in his current toils which I find unfathomable.
    Overall he did a good job at Hibs and doesn't deserve Butcher/Calderwood type flak.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Same here. He's a good bloke and and you can see he's feeling the strain. Looked unwell during his interview yesterday. I wonder if the Dundee job might have been a better fit for him, allowing him to rebuild from a less pressured base.

Some on here seem to have a really bitter dislike for him and are revelling in his current toils which I find unfathomable.
    Overall he did a good job at Hibs and doesn't deserve Butcher/Calderwood type flak.
    He left plenty Hibs fans utterly fed up of watching their team and sucked every last bit of enjoyment out of it for a lot of us. From looking at the DU forums, they’re already feeling the same way and they’re also getting the regular horror shows to go along with it.

We’ve since had it rammed down our throats on here that we should be hoping he does a great job at Dundee United with folk actually getting raging if you don’t hope he does.

Someone posted it a lot when he was here or round about the time he left but it’s absolutely true - Jack Ross is bad for business.

I hope him and Dundee United have an utter disaster this season.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 21-08-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He left plenty Hibs fans utterly fed up of watching their team and sucked every last bit of enjoyment out of it for a lot of us. From looking at the DU forums, they’re already feeling the same way and they’re also getting the regular horror shows to go along with it.

We’ve since had it rammed down our throats on here that we should be hoping he does a great job at Dundee United with folk actually getting raging if you don’t hope he does.

Someone posted it a lot when he was here or round about the time he left but it’s absolutely true - Jack Ross is bad for business.

I won't be 'raging' if he doesn't do a good job at United but I see no reason to wish him ill. I think he gave the Hibs job his all and was rather harshly sacked after his first sustained run of bad results. Prior to that he had demonstrated an ability to arrest any slump in form very quickly.

In his relatively short time at ER he also took us to two cup finals, was a missed penalty away from another one and gave us our first third place finish in many years. He made a couple of excellent signings, breathed life into signings branded Heckingbottom duds and helped elevate Martin Boyle's game to an even higher level. Not at all shabby by the standards of a Hibs boss.

Sure the football could be frustrating and the cup final v St Johnstone plus the embarassing no-show v Hearts in the pre-covid derby at ER still rankle.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

I agree with this. The media fawning over Ross and their desperate wish to be proved right about what they view as the farcical way Hibs are run, just add more pressure to this appointment. They were all about how much stronger the league will be with Ross and McInnes back
    I wish no ill will to Ross, but he looks like he's out of confidence and desperately unhappy with the Utd gig. He definitely should have taken a less pressured job

“Ron Gordon is a successful businessman and Jack Ross is bad for business”

As true then as it is now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    “Ron Gordon is a successful businessman and Jack Ross is bad for business”

As true then as it is now. 😉

6 games in and they’ve already got fans wanting rid of him and bemoaning the absolutely pish style of football they’re playing and it’ll continue that way for his whole tenure at DU, of that there is no doubt.

He manages to get decent enough results but it’s at the expense of any style or enjoyment for the fans. Fan bases simply won’t accept that unless the results are obscenely good which they’re never going to be.

Jack Ross will be spending lots of autumnal time in Dobbies very shortly...

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Neilson will be a couple of games away from being hounded. Even the most bitter and deranged Jambos must be embarrassed by his post match ramblings today.

Absolute melter.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Neilson will be a couple of games away from being hounded. Even the most bitter and deranged Jambos must be embarrassed by his post match ramblings today.

Absolute melter.
    Did you see their starting line up? Fans were raging before a ball was kicked. If that's how he's going to manage Thurs/Sunday's then he'll be gone before Xmas

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

You’ve neatly encapsulated the weird, irrational dislike for him right here.

No one’s ramming anything down your throat - you just refuse to accept that the timing of his sacking was a mistake.

He deserved to lead his Hibs team out at Hampden again last December - if he’d lost that final (likely) and things hadn’t picked up then he would have gone.

Im certainly not blind to his faults as a manager but take no joy in seeing him struggle. He seems like a decent guy and overall did a decent job for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You’ve neatly encapsulated the weird, irrational dislike for him right here.

No one’s ramming anything down your throat - you just refuse to accept that the timing of his sacking was a mistake.

He deserved to lead his Hibs team out at Hampden again last December - if he’d lost that final (likely) and things hadn’t picked up then he would have gone.

Im certainly not blind to his faults as a manager but take no joy in seeing him struggle. He seems like a decent guy and overall did a decent job for us.
    There’s nothing weird or irrational and I dont dislike him at all, I’ve never met him. His team was dreadful to watch imo and also in alot of others opinion. I was completely losing interest in watching us under him, as were others, so I’d say my feelings on him are actually quite rational. I didn’t enjoy watching my football team whilst he was manager so im hardly going to hold him in high regard from a football point of view, am I?

I said previously I hope he fails and that it’s because it makes the chances of Hibs being succesful higher. I was met with responses telling me to **** off or calling me a weirdo. So yes, the idea that you simply must want him to be a success (despite the fact it makes Hibs being succesful less likely) is being rammed down peoples throats.

I don’t have to accept that his sacking was a mistake because I don’t think it was a mistake. I think we made the right call sacking him when we did. Our immediate upturn in form when he left backs that up for me. We got 10 points in the 4 league games immediately after he left. With the way we were going under JR I wouldn’t have been surprised had we lost all 4.

I also don’t think he deserved the cup final as that would have meant 2 more leagues games as well which judging by the way we were playing would probably have been another 2 crap results.

He might well be a decent guy. Him doing well isn’t good for Hibs though so I want him to fail, much the same as I want Neilson, Goodwin, Hammel etc to fail. And that looks like it’s exactly what he’s going to do.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 22-08-2022 at 10:27 AM.

As a Hibs manager he will always have my respect as he got us 3rd place in the league. And thats as good as it gets for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Jack Ross will be spending lots of autumnal time in Dobbies very shortly...
    Telling people it's all about fine grass margins probably 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    As a Hibs manager he will always have my respect as he got us 3rd place in the league. And thats as good as it gets for us.
    He had a huge opportunity to become an all time great Hibs manager with that St Johnstone cup final. He'd have been looking at the cup final he didn't get against Celtic to make amends for it. Always be a bit disappointed he didn't get that game. Generally did a very good job as Hibs manager. Very pleased with LJ though so onwards and upwards.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Jack Ross this, Jack Ross that

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Jack Ross this, Jack Ross that
    On a thread about manager getting sacked? How dare they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute melter.
    Absolute clown of a bloke. “We had 11 fouls to their 12 but we got a load of bookings and two sent off.” Totally ignoring the fact that there are different types of fouls. As you say, a melter.

Absolute melter.
    Not if he keeps on getting famous heroic defeats. Two in a row now they've been celebrating.

Think JR is still in Ponteland and gets similar time off like he did with Hibs

Hearts had a 'morale boosting' defeat in Switzerland and a defeat at Celtc Park, 'that was more like a win'.

Given both of those amazing results, I cant see Neilson being sacked any time soon.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Captain Caveman is always 3 defeats away from the Jambo hordes hiring the plane again. 2 down, one to go this week.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Dundee awash with rumours that JR has quit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Absolute clown of a bloke. “We had 11 fouls to their 12 but we got a load of bookings and two sent off.” Totally ignoring the fact that there are different types of fouls. As you say, a melter.
    I’m not so sure that the Jambo muppets will be getting the knives out soon. A lot of them agree that his team choice, tactics and ‘great result’ yesterday show they are in safe hands with Robbie Replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Dundee awash with rumours that JR has quit.
    It's all over twitter that he's away. Interesting if true.