hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyler

Boyler

All the blocks are in place now around infrastructure, high potential players, stadium, aligned dev squad, etc.

We are genuinely one piece away in my book. If we can dig deep and get Boyler back I think we can really start to get excited here.

The signing would boost attendance and match day income. Compensate for the mcgeady injury and stop him going to another scottish team (I am certain the old firm will be watching closely)
    This is your moment Ron. The one that would really show we mean business.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the blocks are in place now around infrastructure, high potential players, stadium, aligned dev squad, etc.

We are genuinely one piece away in my book. If we can dig deep and get Boyler back I think we can really start to get excited here.

The signing would boost attendance and match day income. Compensate for the mcgeady injury and stop him going to another scottish team (I am certain the old firm will be watching closely)
    I don't think either of the Old Firm are interested in Boyle anymore. If he did come back to Scotland, it would be only us, Hearts or Aberdeen which would have any hope financially of doing so. But I think none of those clubs would be able to afford him right now.

But apparently we do have first refusal anyway, plus he did say if he came back to Scotland it would be us.

The other possibility, and bigger danger, would be someone down south finally taking a punt on him. But as it is, I don't think he'll be back soon, and I think is still currently out of our reach.

So you expect him to drop how many thousand's a week to sign?

@hibs.net private member
    Cancel McGeady's contract and pay Boyle his wages on top of what we could afford for Boyle anyway... thats my thoughts lololololol.

First Team Breakthrough
    Don’t know why people can’t comprehend that Boyle doesn’t want to leave. He’s earning wages that will set him and his family up for life and that he wouldn’t get a sniff of earning anywhere else.

If his club decided they wanted rid, been 0 indication of that, then it’s worth the discussion. Until then, no real point even discussing until at least next summer I would think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMan10 View Post
    Don’t know why people can’t comprehend that Boyle doesn’t want to leave. He’s earning wages that will set him and his family up for life and that he wouldn’t get a sniff of earning anywhere else.

If his club decided they wanted rid, been 0 indication of that, then it’s worth the discussion. Until then, no real point even discussing until at least next summer I would think.
    And he’s not getting kicked about the pitch every week

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMan10 View Post

The other thing to remember is that, if he were to come back, he'd have a massive tax bill to pay. That has to be a factor in any thinking.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Cancel McGeady's contract and pay Boyle his wages on top of what we could afford for Boyle anyway... thats my thoughts lololololol.
    I don't think contracts work like that...

Plus, treating new signings like that will make it much harder to attract quality players to ER in the future.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    We would have to pay most if not all mcgeadys contract so doesnt really matter if we cancel it or not

@hibs.net private member
    Jeez... it was a wee bit of humour lol....

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    If hearts or aberdeen go in for him and it looks like he could go then that would put enormous pressure on Hibs to beat them to the signature

@hibs.net private member
    Jeez... it was a wee bit of humour lol....
    Ah fair enough, didn't pick up on that! 👌

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post

It's nothing to do with meaning business, it's just not possible. Unrealistic and not happening. They paid 3 million and are paying him 20k a week. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's nothing to do with meaning business, it's just not possible. Unrealistic and not happening. They paid 3 million and are paying him 20k a week. Think about it.
    In any other window in any other year I'd agree

But when this is the last window before the world Cup..
    and your club team got relegated to Saudi 2
    And if you lose your international spot you miss the once in a lifetime chance to play v Mbappe and Pogba in a,world Cup finals...

I'd want to be playing at the place the national team manager suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    In any other window in any other year I'd agree

But when this is the last window before the world Cup..
    and your club team got relegated to Saudi 2
    And if you lose your international spot you miss the once in a lifetime chance to play v Mbappe and Pogba in a,world Cup finals...

I'd want to be playing at the place the national team manager suggests.

He absolutely did not make the move to further his football career. He's a key player for Aus. He'll be in the squad regardless. Or will join another Saudi side. He simply won't be coming back here.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He absolutely did not make the move to further his football career. He's a key player for Aus. He'll be in the squad regardless. Or will join another Saudi side. He simply won't be coming back here.
    Time will tell I guess

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    If hearts or aberdeen go in for him and it looks like he could go then that would put enormous pressure on Hibs to beat them to the signature
    There's only one club he'd sign for in Scotland and that's us - he's already said so. Maybe as a 34 year old we'll again see him in a Hibs strip.

In the meantime, he's looking after the future for his family and rightly so.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Time will tell I guess
    Probably on a wage cut after relegation. Don't think this will end well for Boyle. It was after all a mercenary mission.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    My guess is he’ll move to another club in the Middle East.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Probably on a wage cut after relegation. Don't think this will end well for Boyle. It was after all a mercenary mission.
    It was a smart move by a father with a young family

Left by mutual consent!
    A loan deal might be possible.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Boyler owes us nothing . Rather than pine for him, we should be holding him up as a prime example of what you can achieve when you sign for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    A loan deal might be possible.
    The tax issue would remain.

I don't think he would be willing to drop more than £20k a week in wages unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I don't think he would be willing to drop more than £20k a week in wages unfortunately.
    He wouldn't play for Hibs for free though?

Either way, he's not coming back to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The tax issue would remain.
    What about an EBT 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    What about an EBT 😉
    Oh...now.....maybe

😉

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    We don't need to *beat* anyone in Scotland for his signature, we have first refusal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    We don't need to *beat* anyone in Scotland for his signature, we have first refusal.
    I think the exact terms are we will be given the opportunity to match whatever any club bids for Boyle should he become available.... that doesn't seal any deal for us unfortunately. We ould need to match the terms and hop Martin wants to come to us over whoever else bids.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    This doesn't even merit discussing at the moment. Theres not a chance in hell he will come back to us even in the next year from now. If he leaves his current club it will only be to another Saudi team.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson