hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Where will Hibs finish in the league?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

3 1.75%
  • 2nd

2 1.17%
  • 3rd

19 11.11%
  • 4th

26 15.20%
  • 5th

45 26.32%
  • 6th

24 14.04%
  • 7th

18 10.53%
  • 8th

12 7.02%
  • 9th

9 5.26%
  • 10th

8 4.68%
  • 11th

3 1.75%
  • 12th

2 1.17%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Somewhere between 5th and 7th probably though anything is possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I`ve voted 6th but I think we could be anything from 4th to 10th . Last season there was no real difference between 4th and 10th and I think this season will be similar , maybe including 3rd since the Hearts squad doesn`t look anything special unless they sign 2 or 3 really outstanding players and I think that needs more than the few million they`ll get from Europe this season . I`m expecting us to be in bottom 4 when World Cup starts as new players settle in then to climb table in 2023 . This time next year , be looking for a strong top 3 for 23 / 24 .

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    i'll go for 8th.

We get no breaks with injuries ! Absolute decimated in the last year or so , So cruel and i don't think we have enough quality , Happy to be proven wrong

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say 3rd

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we'll finish somewhere between 7th-9th as things currently stand.

I don't share the optimism that I've seen from quite a lot of people on here recently.
    That'll be 8th then.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Somewhere between 5th and 7th probably though anything is possible.
    So 6th it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Why?
    Because that ain't gonna happen in a million years.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    I can see us finishing 1st with all the new signings pace and loads of goals. I cant see anyone near us this season.

The fact most of us are thinking we will struggle for the top 6 says it all. The board need to invest in quality man or it's going to be another season of despair. Shocking stuff.

The fact most of us are thinking we will struggle for the top 6 says it all. The board need to invest in quality man or it's going to be another season of despair. Shocking stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t vote on my phone but I’d say 8th. Just cannot see this squad getting us top 6.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Where we think we'll finish has no bearing on where we'll finish!

If it was that easy, start a new poll and we can all vote 1st. Job done, we'll be Champs

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    That'll be 8th then.
    Haha probably clumsy wording on my part.

I meant anywhere from 7th-9th.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Optimistically 6th, pessimistically 11th.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Says it all about who? The board or some of the support?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Where we think we'll finish has no bearing on where we'll finish!

If it was that easy, start a new poll and we can all vote 1st. Job done, we'll be Champs
    Ron Gordon basically admitted it's going to be hard to catch hearts and Aberdeen who I think he's forgetting actually finished lower than us, we've shown zero ambition to actually challenge for european places despite knowing that can guarantee group stage football. Going into the start of the season with Rocky a starter and the same midfield as last season barring a young untried teenager in Kenneh Is shocking.

So if he isn't confident of a third or even 4th place finish, and neither are we. Why not fix it before the season begins..really don't like the noises or the actions coming out the club just now. Reeks of mediocrity.

So instead of happy clapping or sleepwalking our way into the season, we can voice concerns now, before the transfer window shuts and we are left with this. The signs are already there, we need to fix them.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 28-07-2022 at 10:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Ron Gordon basically admitted it's going to be hard to catch hearts and Aberdeen who I think he's forgetting actually finished lower than us, we've shown zero ambition to actually challenge for european places despite knowing that can guarantee group stage football. Going into the start of the season with Rocky a starter and the same midfield as last season barring a young untried teenager in Kenneh Is shocking.

So if he isn't confident of a third or even 4th place finish, and neither are we. Why not fix it before the season begins..really don't like the noises or the actions coming out the club just now. Reeks of mediocrity.

So instead of happy clapping or sleepwalking our way into the season, we can voice concerns now, before the transfer window shuts and we are left with this. The signs are already there, we need to fix them.
    The “I’m so angry, I’m going to pretend Ron was talking about league positions rather than income levels. Even though I know it was clear he wasnt” post…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The “I’m so angry, I’m going to pretend Ron was talking about league positions rather than income levels. Even though I know it was clear he wasnt” post…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regardless we aren't good enough as it stands to challenge for third and that's where Hibs should be. We've sold Doig for £3m and not spend a bolt. When he left I think we all expected a bit quality to come in. Weve just stayed exactly the same, and been put out one of the two cups we can win into the bargain.

Left by mutual consent!
    No idea. There's too many new players and a new manager to know. I hope we get off to a good start and avoid the toxic atmosphere that will inevitably arrive if we don't.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Regardless we aren't good enough as it stands to challenge for third and that's where Hibs should be. We've sold Doig for £3m and not spend a bolt. When he left I think we all expected a bit quality to come in. Weve just stayed exactly the same, and been put out one of the two cups we can win into the bargain.
    10 players in for no money spent? Ron's son truly is a genius

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    10 players in for no money spent? Ron's son truly is a genius

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I mean of the Josh Doig money, we've brought in so much more than we've spent, when we really needed to make a statement this window, all we've done is bring in an ageing injury prone winger, who's now out for months, and a bunch of young unproven laddies. Not sure how that's giving us any faith it's going to be a succesful season, a couple of standout signings in key positions would make all the difference.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 29-07-2022 at 01:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Gone with seventh.

We have a couple of difficult games early and that could hit confidence of both players and fans.

The fans need to be patient and get behind the team to help overcome that

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    No not regardless, you deliberately ignored what RG said to try and prove a point. At least try not to put boris Johnson levels of spin on it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    No not regardless, you deliberately ignored what RG said to try and prove a point. At least try not to put boris Johnson levels of spin on it.
    Sorry I must have picked it up wrong, I should have known he would have been talking about money rather than the actual football side of things. Mine and many others thoughts are the same though and it's worrying so many of us think we are in for another bang average or unacceptable season, but I live in hope that we can add 2 or 3 signings That will take us up a level.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Right now would say 5th. I'm really hoping Cabraja and Youan can bring some quality to the team.

Midfield will need to be more consistent than last season and Henderson could be key with goals and assists.
    Exactly where I am we will undoubtedly be better than part 2 of last season however difficult to tell exactly how much better. Think 5th with 4th being probably best we can get though think Hearts may struggle with European game impact on league form so may be tighter than people think outside top 2.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I mean of the Josh Doig money, we've brought in so much more than we've spent, when we really needed to make a statement this window, all we've done is bring in an ageing injury prone winger, who's now out for months, and a bunch of young unproven laddies. Not sure how that's giving us any faith it's going to be a succesful season, a couple of standout signings in key positions would make all the difference.
    We brought in a direct replacement for Doig. Carabaja who I think promises to be very good given his career thus far.

@hibs.net private member
    6th. Think we'll be slightly better than last year, but squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge top 3.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Sorry I must have picked it up wrong, I should have known he would have been talking about money rather than the actual football side of things. Mine and many others thoughts are the same though and it's worrying so many of us think we are in for another bang average or unacceptable season, but I live in hope that we can add 2 or 3 signings That will take us up a level.
    That’s as sound a response as I’ve ever had on this site 👍🏻

I do have my concerns too, I’m not just happy clapping for the sake of it, agree with your point re signings - 2 or 3 additions would make me feel a lot more comfortable.

I think we’ll get top 6, but that’s not enough imo. We really need to get in to Europe.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Ok, so league is about to start.

Out the LC early, exciting inexperienced youngsters with potential, big injury list, unseen new signings, new manager, new tactics, old midfield issues, young talent sold off for millions, and new catering.

What’s your gut feeling. Be honest. Where will we finish.
    3rd for me, no lower than 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    8th/9th is about as kind as I can be currently.

Goalkeeper is about the only position I could say, with any authority, that we've improved upon.

The rest is just a lot of hope resting upon inexperienced youngsters.

More worrying is that we still haven't brought in the centre half, and central midfielder almost everyone agrees that we need.

That is unforgivable.
    There's that word unforgivable again , that cracks me up .