hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ron Gordon Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can anyone say its going to come to fruition this year?

What are you basing this on?
    I don`t think many people are expecting a successful season ( successful being 3rd or 4th and maybe a cup final or better too ) but that doesn`t mean we can`t be optimistic about prolonged success in longer term . Personally I think there`s a good chance we`ll be outside top 8 at World Cup break but will then climb the table and finish in top 6 . Top 6 is nothing to celebrate but real success will be in 2 or 3 years`time and hopefully not just odd 3rd place like 2021 . Could be a bumpy ride to that success or even very bumpy ( relegation in worst possible case ) but I think there are reasons for optimism if fans continue to show patience and support and club explain what`s going on clearly .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    On the podcasts thought he was quite honest on areas we were struggling in. Personally really like his enthusiasm about the club.
    I don’t think he was honest at all when asked about the McGinn contract or the Rocky contract. As I say it probably doesn’t matter, if he can continue to improve the finances of the club, but I don’t see any of the openness that so many talk about and all I really see is an experienced business owner that nows how to give good press.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I don’t think he was honest at all when asked about the McGinn contract or the Rocky contract. As I say it probably doesn’t matter, if he can continue to improve the finances of the club, but I don’t see any of the openness that so many talk about and all I really see is an experienced business owner that nows how to give good press.
    He said that McGinn had a trigger to extend his contract due to the amount of games he had played that was why it was renewed but he wasn’t going to be a starter so they sat down with the player and it was decided that if he wanted game time in the twilight of his career he would be better looking for a better longer contract elsewhere and Hibs would not stand in his way

Hibs decided to take up the option to sign Rocky after the loan because he is a player in development and will continue to improve

Sounded straight forward and honest enough to me

Not sure I would have signed Rocky based on last season’s performances but what do I know ?

Not unless Hibs were duty bound to buy him due to the amount of games he had played but that was never discussed?
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 28-07-2022 at 04:33 AM.

So you're calling him a liar?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    To be fair to him I don’t think he was lying on the McGinn issue. He seemed completely unaware of what happened and needed his assistant off camera to correct him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Right now it’s looking like we’re probably behind Hearts and Aberdeen. Very hard to suggest that we are stronger than the team Ross inherited. I reckon the best we can hope for is a 5th/6th battle with Motherwell and Dundee United. Hearts and Aberdeen will be stronger. Already Goodwin looks more like a solid manager with a firm idea of what’s needed to progress in Scottish football.

All I’m sensing in Hibs right now is a disconnect between the board, team management and support. This can’t be great for the players. We look patchy and threadbare and lacking (since McGregor and Gray) driving, inspirational leadership on the park.

Maybe this should have been brought up in the Q&A, unless I missed it of course?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    [/B]

Maybe this should have been brought up in the Q&A, unless I missed it of course?
    Yeah you missed it - was asked and dismissed by RG who asked for examples.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Got the impression he didnt really know the detail rather than not honest. Think his communications are good in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yeah you missed it - was asked and dismissed by RG who asked for examples.
    Yeah it was definitely asked. At the time I was quite frustrated as there were no underlying specifics in the question, despite being quite provocative, so I felt it was quite reasonable for Ron to bat it away. In hindsight, his defensiveness was striking as it indicates he gets quite frustrated with negativity among the support and might have a bit of a tin ear to why some fans might have some questions/concerns around the overall culture or direction of the club at the moment. So in that sense the question was worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Of course he’s repeating what he’s said before, the interview was done within a day or 2 of the podcasts.

It would have been pretty weird if he gave a different set of answers.
    It was actually carried out directly before we recorded with Ron lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    I think everyone is being way too critical and quick to judge here.

You just need to look around our own stadium to see the steady and very positive changes occurring (soon to have massively revamped and improved corporate hospitality as well). Ron Gordon is carefully laying strong revenue-generating foundations which will give us a really strong platform to perform on the park with in the future.

Yesterday was a disaster, Falkirk was a disaster and the Bushiri suspension was also a nightmare. It's almost like we shouldn't have sacked Jack Ross when we did, but the majority on here were calling for his head and it more to me looks like a collective case of be careful what you wish for. We as a support have a miraculously low-patience for any form of crisis (our managerial turnaround past 20 years is among the worst in the UK), although given the scarring of the Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher era I can also get it. Lets just not start hounding our new owners as well who are blatantly invested in making us better.

Let's see where we are at by Christmas with this squad and take it from there.
    We’ll know where we are long before Christmas.

Peculiar that he thought that what ER needed was massively upgraded hospitality facilities. Let’s see how utilised that it is, or isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

Peculiar that he thought that what ER needed was massively upgraded hospitality facilities. Let’s see how utilised that it is, or isn’t.
    It did need that really badly.

Peculiar you don't see that.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    It did need that really badly.

Peculiar you don't see that.
    Our stadium and facilities were near enough on a par with the club on the other side of the city. That’s how bad and neglected they were

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

Isnt the higher end hospitality nigh on sold out at much bigger prices than previous?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Our stadium and facilities were near enough on a par with the club on the other side of the city. That’s how bad and neglected they were
    I wondered if there was a "keeping up with the Joneses" aspect to the improvement in the hospitality offering. They've upped their game big time on the other side of the city and we probably needed to do likewise.

Still, it's strange to be being critical of something that appears to have been a success - fans rocking up to pay money into the club as a result.

There are plenty of things to be critical of the club over before you need to start on the things that we're seemingly doing well.

Last time I was in the west stand was on the stadium tour before Ron arrived and it looked really tatty. Carpets worn etc. Really surprised me how neglected it looked. Wonder if this has been sorted?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Last time I was in the west stand was on the stadium tour before Ron arrived and it looked really tatty. Carpets worn etc. Really surprised me how neglected it looked. Wonder if this has been sorted?
    Yup. Press room, changing rooms, stairways..... everywhere was just really run down.

I've no problem with the club spending money to spruce the place up. I want ER to look the best it can be and to reflect on us as being a top club in Scotland.

Sorry if covered already, but only watching just now and quite confused to hear RG saying Hibs Kids was defunct until recently. Nobody challenged this. What am I missing?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Sorry if covered already, but only watching just now and quite confused to hear RG saying Hibs Kids was defunct until recently. Nobody challenged this. What am I missing?
    Don’t think anyone knew enough - there’s not been mascots until recently, no Christmas parties etc.