hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Out Now

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's an expression about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I think it's appropriate here.

The League Cup campaign has been an embarrassment, tonight's showing was as brutal as it was unacceptable.

We have become accustomed to getting to the latter stages of this competition and (presuming Clyde don't bail us out) this will be the first time that Gordon's overseen the club exciting the competition so early.

I understand why he sacked Ross, even if I didn't like the decision, and I understand the quick action taken to sack Maloney.

I would be appalled if he sacked Johnson so early, we need stability and if the club are going down the route of a rebuild then give it the necessary time to work.

We've had two shocking and embarrassing results in as many weeks but this is right at the start of Johnson's time at the club.

It's easy to vent and get angry about what's happened, the hard thing (but imho, the right thing) is to stay the course and give it time.

In my lifetime I can't remember us having an owner who was as ambitious and who forced through as much change at the club as Gordon has. It's not given an immediate result but that doesn't mean it's the wrong approach - we won't know that for a while yet, but to abandon the work on the back of a crappy start is idiotic, imho.
    The recruitment is nothing short of woeful, the areas needing addressed for the last 3 transfer windows haven't been addressed and it's glaringly obvious to everybody and their wife that right now it's proven quality we need and not young, untried players being blooded into a struggling side in front of a demanding support.

If he isn't careful Matty we're heading into yet another season of "transition" and all that entails, where any goodwill he's built up will quickly dissipate, and that risks being the owner's legacy no matter how bright and shiny the stadium is, the vocal range of the opera singer, or how loud and sparkly the fireworks are.
    Last edited by Scotty Leither; 20-07-2022 at 11:21 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    The recruitment is nothing short of woeful, the areas needing addressed for the last 3 transfer windows haven't been addressed and it's glaringly obvious to everybody and their wife that right now it's proven quality we need and not young, untried players being blooded into a struggling side in front of a demanding support.

If he isn't careful Matty we're heading into yet another season of "transition" and all that entails, where any goodwill he's built up will quickly dissipate, and that risks being the owner's legacy no matter how bright and shiny the stadium is, the vocal range of the opera singer, or how loud and sparkly the fireworks are.
    We don't know if the recruitment is woeful under Johnson. We've seen a bit of Bojang, 45 minutes of Tavares, Marshall and McGeady are good players, we've not seen Youan yet... The players are five minutes in the door.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Not going to pass judgement so early on LJ but Ron Gordon needs him to succeed. Continual hiring and firing shows where the problem lies

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It took 30 seconds, it’s Hibs net not the ****ing Pentagon and all completely available to anyone who cares to look.

I’m happy with our owner, I’m not happy with our CEO, manager and numerous players.

Did our owner not appoint both? Why is he beyond blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Agree with much of this.

I haven't been comfortable with the current regime for a while now and things just keep getting worse.

The fundamental structure at the club is all wrong and that's down to the owner. Hiring his son as Head of Recruitment was a huge red flag for me at the time, I even said so when it first became public knowledge but got quite a bit of grief for saying it. It was nepotism pure and simple and then to hear the owner downplaying the importance of our Head of Recruitment post was quite baffling to say the least.

For me we are not improving, quite the opposite in fact and the responsibility for that lies with the owner and his senior management team.
    Yeah, agree with much of OP and yourself. Red flags everywhere. I’m truly worried about our club and that goes beyond the first team.

Coaching Staff
    Other than to say, this thread is not worth commenting on….Iwon’t dignify it with a comment.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Well in a couple of days Ben Kendall will have been CEO of our great club for one year. Now maybe there are things commercially that he can point to with some success I don’t know and to be honest don’t really care much, it’s the on field and state of the first team I care about and all I can say Ben is what a year! One of the worst in supporting Hibs and there has been some dross over the years, but this past year has been shameful. You seem to have got all the big decisions wrong. Maybe time you rethink your position?

He's made two mistakes. First one was sacking Ross and the other is appointing his son as Head of Recruitment when he's obviously not qualified for the role.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Other than to say, this thread is not worth commenting on….Iwon’t dignify it with a comment.
    Too late.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Until someone else ponies up the cash, we're stuck with RG and those he appoints beneath him. Not that they are immune to criticism, far from it, but the owner is going nowhere for the foreseeable unless he chooses to sell up and there's actually some other mug (I mean, who makes decent money from Scottish football?!?) willing to pay the asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He's made two mistakes. First one was sacking Ross and the other is appointing his son as Head of Recruitment when he's obviously not qualified for the role.
    His son appears to be his blind spot. Two of his signings, Kenneh and Miller have done nothing of note against poor opposition and Miller has been hooked at half time twice now.

Football is a harsh environment and I couldn’t care less if they’re young/inexperienced/getting used to the league, etc, on their showings so far they’re not good enough for Hibs., but will our trigger-happy owner relieve his son of his duties?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Yeah, me again.

This is a Hibs forum mostly read by die hard Hibs supporters. Who else would want to spend their time logging on to this website and read the comments posted. I understand there are a few interlopers on this forum, jeez, I've even been labelled a Yam myself, when posting my own honest views.

We all have various levels of patience. Some posters are labelled by others as happy clappers, not willing to see the truth that is in front of their eyes, or others tagged as bed-wetters when posting impetuous comments based on limited evidence. But one thing we have in common is we want to see Hibs function productively off the field and efficiently on the field. I've not seen any of this recently. Surely it's becoming clear to even the most delusioned Hibee that all is not well at ER.

Other threads titled about Johnson or underperforming players are totally missing the point. Our issue and has been over the last year or so is with the owner.

Ron, his son and Kensall are responsible for the mess we are in and must be removed immediately. I've been saying this for months based on ridiculous management decisions, irrational signings and fantasy language used by our owner. We have become a joke and it's now painful.

I'm not really sure what power we as fans have nowadays. But any good people we had at the club have been erased within the last couple of years.

This is not the first time I've posted a thread criticising our owner. One of my fellow posters even took the time to trawl through my posts and select only the negative ones that I did regarding Ron. Maybe he will do so again. I hope he does because I stand by every word I have said about Ron Gordon.

The only time we are going to improve is when Ron, his son & Kensall are gone.

Is there anyone out there with the money, an affinity with Hibs and the desire to remove these idiots in charge.

Please show yourself now because I'm getting old and want to see my club in the hands of people who know what they are doing.

I am sorry but i completely disagree with everything you say.

Ron Gordon is not the biggest problem and if you hound him like you want and put pressure on him to sell after he has invested his money into the club I fear we may well get what we deserve and it possibly could end our club
    There is no line of rich hibs supporters you want to just spend all their money on hibs as it is not a good investment but a cost.

we must be careful what we wish for GGTHH

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Until someone else ponies up the cash, we're stuck with RG and those he appoints beneath him. Not that they are immune to criticism, far from it, but the owner is going nowhere for the foreseeable unless he chooses to sell up and there's actually some other mug (I mean, who makes decent money from Scottish football?!?) willing to pay the asking price.
    Exactly this, we're stuck with Gordon & Son for the forseeable.

Let the good times roll

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Kensell shouldn’t be anywhere near the job he’s in now. Commercial side is his arena, he’s not got a clue about running the football bit and he seems to play a key part in that.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We don't know if the recruitment is woeful under Johnson. We've seen a bit of Bojang, 45 minutes of Tavares, Marshall and McGeady are good players, we've not seen Youan yet... The players are five minutes in the door.
    We do know that the recruitment hasn’t addressed the midfield though, which all our issues stem from IMO.

We moved on Gogic in January only to then sign a similar player in Kenneh as our only effort to address the midfield.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Why are so many people adamant that it's Ian Gordon who decides who we sign when Ron, Kensell, LJ (and others) have all said that's not the case? Having said that, the 'Buy young players with sell-on-potential' approach has been taken WAY too far. We need proven QUALITY in now!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Why are so many people adamant that it's Ian Gordon who decides who we sign when Ron, Kensell, LJ (and others) have all said that's not the case? Having said that, the 'Buy young players with sell-on-potential' approach has been taken WAY too far. We need proven QUALITY in now!
    Because the same mistakes have now been repeated over multiple managers.

It’s either a massive coincidence or we can point the finger elsewhere from the manager.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I have not seen investment in the club like what we've had since Ron took over, he's ploughed money in at a remarkable rate.

Off field but particularly on the park too.

Where i believe he's gone wrong, is who he's spending that money on, as far as i can see, most of these players are not ready for 1st team football yet, bar Henderson Marshall and McGeady.

Couple that by starting this season with that midfield.

It does look like they are playing the long game, but that will piss an awful lot of people off, and will make easter road empty and toxic with those who remain attending.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    [/B]

Did our owner not appoint both? Why is he beyond blame?
    He isn’t beyond blame, but I don’t think he deserves the blame for chronic under performance of the team on the pitch.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Yeah, me again.

This is a Hibs forum mostly read by die hard Hibs supporters. Who else would want to spend their time logging on to this website and read the comments posted. I understand there are a few interlopers on this forum, jeez, I've even been labelled a Yam myself, when posting my own honest views.

We all have various levels of patience. Some posters are labelled by others as happy clappers, not willing to see the truth that is in front of their eyes, or others tagged as bed-wetters when posting impetuous comments based on limited evidence. But one thing we have in common is we want to see Hibs function productively off the field and efficiently on the field. I've not seen any of this recently. Surely it's becoming clear to even the most delusioned Hibee that all is not well at ER.

Other threads titled about Johnson or underperforming players are totally missing the point. Our issue and has been over the last year or so is with the owner.

Ron, his son and Kensall are responsible for the mess we are in and must be removed immediately. I've been saying this for months based on ridiculous management decisions, irrational signings and fantasy language used by our owner. We have become a joke and it's now painful.

I'm not really sure what power we as fans have nowadays. But any good people we had at the club have been erased within the last couple of years.

This is not the first time I've posted a thread criticising our owner. One of my fellow posters even took the time to trawl through my posts and select only the negative ones that I did regarding Ron. Maybe he will do so again. I hope he does because I stand by every word I have said about Ron Gordon.

Is there anyone out there with the money, an affinity with Hibs and the desire to remove these idiots in charge.

Please show yourself now because I'm getting old and want to see my club in the hands of people who know what they are doing.
    Why can't you call Ian his name instead of always calling him Ron's son? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Ron Gordon is so far from being the problem. Made a mistake in hiring Maloney but he’s given us backing like we’ve never had before.

The problem is the guys below him under performing.
    He picked and continues to employ the guys under him.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's getting to the point where we're in danger of poor results irrespective of the manager, which is what did Petrie in.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Yeah, me again.

Totally agree with every word of this, for a long time i've had a distrust of the Board, especially Ron. We have regressed on the football side massively since he got rid of the old regime.

The manager is not, just, the issue its many things. All the chat was we get an experienced manager who knows the Scottish league, we were told by Ron that man was LJ. after getting an experienced manager we go and arm him with a squad full of inexperienced or past their peak agency signings who have played none or very little 'mens' football in the last year, where's the logic in this?

The instruction comes from the top, the owner employs the staff and they carry out his 'plan' (at this stage that is very unclear in football terms).

The buck stops with Ron.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Surely that’s a direct contradiction? The recruits are only going to make you money if they perform well and therefor garner success for the team?
    We have signed 8 players in the hope 1 maybe two will turn a profit. That is the policy Craig Levin went for and look how that ended.

Blog Entries
    We complain about recruitment but everyone has a different idea of what that should look like. A few weeks back I posted that to me our most urgent and obvious need was for a genuine striker. Not sure anyone agreed with me then, all the noise was for a #6, whatever that means. I suspect more people may agree with me now but that's not really my point, its more that whatever you do people will have different opinions. There's still people on here saying Doidge will return to his 1st season form. I have no argument with our owner, I'm not sure appointing his son was a wise move but like 99% of people on here I have no idea how well, or badly, Ian Gordon is performing. I also found Ben Kensell very impressive when i met him in Portugal. I think it's far too early to pass judgement on our current recruitment. I believe there's been one serious lapse in judgement so far and that was our manager not taking the LC seriously enough. Hopefully LJ learns quickly from that mistake.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    The expectation that we turn around the disaster of last season and completely change the entire squad, backroom staff and playing style in 4 weeks is what is doing us in.

It is ridiculous to expect such drastic change when currently we are still stuck playing a bunch of the same players too. Things take time, but our fans have no patience for anything, they must win every single week playing well and if not then the CEO should go, the owner should go and the manager should go.

What people are calling for is the death of the club, the change demanded in threads like this is not sustainable.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    The expectation that we turn around the disaster of last season and completely change the entire squad, backroom staff and playing style in 4 weeks is what is doing us in.

It is ridiculous to expect such drastic change when currently we are still stuck playing a bunch of the same players too. Things take time, but our fans have no patience for anything, they must win every single week playing well and if not then the CEO should go, the owner should go and the manager should go.

What people are calling for is the death of the club, the change demanded in threads like this is not sustainable.
    We’ve signed loads of players and neglected the critical positions.

People are only advocating changing the entire squad because we’ve signed however many players without improving the positions that done us over last season.

If we’d signed 6 players and 2 of them were centre mids that looked like they’d improve us you’d probably find less people wanting a whole new team. As it is, we’ve let guys like McGinn go to replace him when it didn’t really need done, we could have just kept McGinn who was fine as a backup and it would have meant we could have focussed our efforts in signing the players we actually needed.

Also, absolutely nobody is suggesting we win every week and win playing well.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Ron Gordon is so far from being the problem. Made a mistake in hiring Maloney but he’s given us backing like we’ve never had before.

The problem is the guys below him under performing.

Which means he is also the problem because he is the boss and is ultimately in charge. If his nominees aren't up to it he needs to bin them and find people who are. If he's the problem he needs to find a COO who can run a football club.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    We’ve signed loads of players and neglected the critical positions.

People are only advocating changing the entire squad because we’ve signed however many players without improving the positions that done us over last season.

If we’d signed 6 players and 2 of them were centre mids that looked like they’d improve us you’d probably find less people wanting a whole new team. As it is, we’ve let guys like McGinn go to replace him when it didn’t really need done, we could have just kept McGinn who was fine as a backup and it would have meant we could have focussed our efforts in signing the players we actually needed.

Also, absolutely nobody is suggesting we win every week and win playing well.
    Look at the reaction when we don't play well or lose, you get threads like this.

There is no room for a turnaround, its win or get out.

Guys like McGinn? So just McGinn who wanted to leave, and left, the manager has some sort of plan and is clearly signing the players he wants.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!