hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The time to judge Rocky will be after several visits to Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts when he’s put under pressure by the crowd and their players.

Playing against fat McGachie at Bonnyrigg isn’t that difficult.
    McGachie hardly played came on as a late sub

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    McGachie hardly played came on as a late sub
    An ageing Kev Smith and George Hunter then.. you know the point that I was making.

No one in their right mind can judge Rocky against Bonnyrigg, especially after watching Aiden Nisbet give him a fairly torrid time a few days earlier.

I hope, as every Hibs fan does, that he’s an absolute star but we’ll only know that once the big games kick in.

Rocky and Henderson both look much better players now we have a manager in charge.

An ageing Kev Smith and George Hunter then.. you know the point that I was making.

No one in their right mind can judge Rocky against Bonnyrigg, especially after watching Aiden Nisbet give him a fairly torrid time a few days earlier.

I hope, as every Hibs fan does, that he’s an absolute star but we’ll only know that once the big games kick in.
    Aiden Nesbit didn't give Rocky a torrid time at all. He wasn't at fault for Nesbit's goal and I can't remember Nesbit doing very much outside of that other than miss a sitter when Dabrowski ****ed up.

Of the 3 central defenders that played against Falkirk, Rocky performed the best. Let's not make things up now.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Rockys been our best CB over the 3 LC games, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Honestly, he's actually quite good. Raw, but clearly talented
    Totally agree. Raw sums him up well, there is definite potential there IMO.

Just read an article with rocky Bushiri talking about how he really wanted to come to hibs permanently and how he strives to be better.
    Crackling attitude to have and I welcome his commitment to the club.

If players have the right attitude half the battle.

Kick on Rocky 👏🏻✍🏻💪🏻🤞🏻

All games are big games

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Just read an article with rocky Bushiri talking about how he really wanted to come to hibs permanently and how he strives to be better.
    Crackling attitude to have and I welcome his commitment to the club.

If players have the right attitude half the battle.

Kick on Rocky 👏🏻✍🏻💪🏻🤞🏻
    link ?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    link ?
    Presume it is this

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...season-3774671

Way I read it is maybe not so much that he wanted to come here permanently, but that now he is here is gonna stay and fight for his place, which would make sense as sure he had tuned down opportunity of loan away and that could have been seen as the easy option for him due to some of the reaction to his signing

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky has all of the attributes to be a top CB in the modern game, I have high hopes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Personally think he’s ok, was never as bad as folk made out.

Very very raw but understandable giving the amount of football he’s missed through injuries, hopefully he starts finding his feet and starts kicking on.

Always think he’s got a mistake in him though and that he gives the opposition a chance (same goes for Porteous though!).
    Agree!

As in keeping with Hibs.net, there are a few that have already made up their opinion on Rocky and just waiting for the next error to prove their point. I could be wrong but if feels like the majority think he's got potential and are willing him on to be a star. I'm in the latter group. From what I've seen, I've been generally impressed. However, I've not watched any of the Tynie Derby when by accounts from people whose opinion I value he was poor.

If he's going to progress in the game, he's got to learn from the bad days like the last Derby and try and not let that happen again on his watch.

A lot of it was driven by people jumping on the social media bandwagon. A couple of Norwich fans said he was a bombscare. His first mistake here and he's labled a bombscare. A bit like the bright sparks calling LJ David Brent because a few Sunderland fans said the same on Twitter. What a time to be alive.

Rocky wants to be here which is half the battle, Porto on the other hand looks as if he can't wait to get away judging by his performances so far in the LC

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    A lot of it was driven by people jumping on the social media bandwagon. A couple of Norwich fans said he was a bombscare. His first mistake here and he's labled a bombscare. A bit like the bright sparks calling LJ David Brent because a few Sunderland fans said the same on Twitter. What a time to be alive.
    He is a bombscare, we all know that based on his performances last season. He will almost certainly cost us if he starts for us in the SPL.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    He is a bombscare, we all know that based on his performances last season. He will almost certainly cost us if he starts for us in the SPL.
    Hard to be a bombscare in a competition that doesn’t exist anymore.

Also, can you tell me what games he was a bombscare in last season?

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Hard to be a bombscare in a competition that doesn’t exist anymore.

Also, can you tell me what games he was a bombscare in last season?
    I'd be quicker telling you the games he wasn't a bombscare. Were you at Tynie?

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Very harsh Brooster. He had more good than bad and was part of a successful season the club had defensively. He has had a good start so far this season, long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    From the time Rocky joined the club, Paul McGinn had more errors leading to goals than Rocky despite playing about half the minutes Rocky did but McGinn is referred to as a steady-eddy and reliable while Rocky is called a bombscare. Go figure.

@hibs.net private member
    From the EEN

Rocky Bushiri seeking continual improvement as Hibs defender states: 'I want to be better'

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...better-3773403

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Tell us?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    From the EEN

Rocky Bushiri seeking continual improvement as Hibs defender states: 'I want to be better'

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...better-3773403
    Difficult not to be impressed by his attitude. He’s looked a lot better and I get the feeling a lot of player were asked to do things they simply weren’t able to do.

I’m a big fan of Dick Campbell - his management is as simple as it gets but that’s why it works. His three main rules are “Don’t ask a player to do something they can’t do”, “players play themselves in or out of a team” and “sign players who are better than what you’ve got”. We followed none of those rules under Maloney and it’s no surprise he ended up the massive failure that he was.

Rocky is clearly playing a simpler game and he’s improved already. I think he’s going to prove me wrong on my view of him last season and I’ll be absolutely delighted if that’s the case.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Rocky had a **** season, with almost unanimous agreement from fans that he’s not good enough, then groans from fans that he was signed permanently.

Word gets out that he asks the club why the fans hate him…and fans rally around him. Rightly. He shouldn’t feel like he’s hated. I don’t hate him.

He was crap last season though. Regularly. I don’t hate him, but I’m not rewriting the past just cos he was upset. Like Brooster, I’m no going to list the games he was ****, because it was most. If you honestly don’t remember it like that then go back and read the match threads from last season.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    From the time Rocky joined the club, Paul McGinn had more errors leading to goals than Rocky despite playing about half the minutes Rocky did but McGinn is referred to as a steady-eddy and reliable while Rocky is called a bombscare. Go figure.
    And Paul McGinn is gone now.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Rocky had a **** season, with almost unanimous agreement from fans that he’s not good enough, then groans from fans that he was signed permanently.

Word gets out that he asks the club why the fans hate him…and fans rally around him. Rightly. He shouldn’t feel like he’s hated. I don’t hate him.

He was crap last season though. Regularly. I don’t hate him, but I’m not rewriting the past just cos he was upset. Like Brooster, I’m no going to list the games he was ****, because it was most. If you honestly don’t remember it like that then go back and read the match threads from last season.
    Spot on, and although he has looked like he has improved a bit in pre season, it has been against weaker opposition and he’s also had the odd strange moment here and there.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see him against better opposition… hopefully that’s not a repeat of Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

He started well enough and had a few decent games along the way without being a stand out.

The Tynecastle game destroyed him in many people’s eyes. He was absolutely terrible but looked injured and was hung out to dry by Maloney. We don’t tend to forgive notably awful contributions to derby defeats easily.

Rocky’s getting a clean slate and a bit of encouragement, which is only correct given there were mitigating factors last season. Even this season it’s hard to know what to make of his performances so far due to mitigating factors - standard of opposition, relatively early in pre season, getting used to playing with new players and under a new manager.

Jury’s out for me, but he gets my support. If he proves himself to be pish, I’ll call it so. If he’s a revelation, likewise.

It’s good to see folk rallying behind him tbh. As a support we’ve got more of a reputation for getting on players’ backs.
    Last edited by Smartie; 20-07-2022 at 12:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Rocky will come good

@hibs.net private member
    Aye I was at Tynie, I seem to remember Hanlon getting absolutely ragdolled by Simms for their first and then Doyle Hayes failing to track a runner for the 2nd, & then the midfield not picking up Halliday for the 3rd. Absolutely none can be attributed to Rocky

So, what games was he not a bombscare in?

embarrassing game by the team
    rocky was MOM for me, not much competition though.

Rocky playing well is becoming the norm. A nailed on starter.