hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Jake Doyle-Hayes progress that signals Hibs are finally dealing with midfield issues

From the EEN

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...issues-4073898
    That article is pretty rubbish to be honest, I’m all for being positive, but let’s give it a few games before stating JDH is “thriving under Johnson”. It was one game.

His start against Celtc was his first start for us since August. In 2023, he’s played once in March, 7 mins in February and 25 mins in January.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    He was flawless on Saturday, long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He's a very good player imo, hopefully we can keep him fit, he'll go on to earn international recognition if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    He was flawless on Saturday, long may it continue.
    He’s had a few very good performances for us.

Like his pal Joe Newell though, he’s also had a number of quieter ones and has been part of some pretty miserable collective midfield and overall team performances.

I must admit I quite like him and have been disappointed whenever I’ve heard him linked with an exit as I think he can be part of a good team.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He’s had a few very good performances for us.

Like his pal Joe Newell though, he’s also had a number of quieter ones and has been part of some pretty miserable collective midfield and overall team performances.

I must admit I quite like him and have been disappointed whenever I’ve heard him linked with an exit as I think he can be part of a good team.
    I’d keep one of JDH or Newell, although don’t think we particularly miss either as the signings of Jeggo & Egan-Reilly show IMO, and probably keep JDH out of the two.

For next season I’d have Jeggo & Campbell as starters & sign a similar type of replacement for Egan-Reilly to compliment them both. With either of JDH or Newell as quality backup.

I think JDH could become a very good player for us. I see a lot of potential there. LJ has demonstrated a knack for improving players. If he can do the same with JDH then we're on to a winner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs have given teams the framework of how to slow Celtic down a bit. A lot of their build up play comes from the right back. Anytime Johnstone touched the ball on Sat JDH was all over him. He's a useful player but I've never thought he was a good holding player like Jeggo is as he lacks on the tactical side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’d keep one of JDH or Newell, although don’t think we particularly miss either as the signings of Jeggo & Egan-Reilly show IMO, and probably keep JDH out of the two.

For next season I’d have Jeggo & Campbell as starters & sign a similar type of replacement for Egan-Reilly to compliment them both. With either of JDH or Newell as quality backup.
    A 3 of Campbell, Jeggo and Egan Riley is not well balanced. It worked for a period against a poor Killie side. That’s about it.

Delighted with the contribution of Jeggo and Egan Riley so far but in the games to come we’ll need Newell and his passing ability. Or JDH if he can produce something we’ve yet to see from him and actually get about the park.

Next season I’d be looking at Campbell as a starter and hopefully we get upgrades on Newell and Jeggo. Or they hit top form to keep their spots.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    A 3 of Campbell, Jeggo and Egan Riley is not well balanced. It worked for a period against a poor Killie side. That’s about it.

Delighted with the contribution of Jeggo and Egan Riley so far but in the games to come we’ll need Newell and his passing ability. Or JDH if he can produce something we’ve yet to see from him and actually get about the park.

Next season I’d be looking at Campbell as a starter and hopefully we get upgrades on Newell and Jeggo. Or they hit top form to keep their spots.
    I’ll be honest, I think that’s harsh on both Newell and Jeggo. Both important players for us.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

That’s fair. It’s not my perfect midfield make up, that’s the 3 distinct roles of McGeough, McGinn & Allan. I just think having two solid midfielders and someone who gets in the box and runs ahead of the ball is suited to Scottish football. It’s not without its limitations, mainly creativity against teams that sit in. However I think having Boyle out wide and hopefully Youan out left would give us solidity while also having creativity & quality out wide.
    Last edited by The Modfather; 22-03-2023 at 07:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I like JDH but as others have said has a lot of quietish performances and then finds himself out of the team

Needs to keep the high tempo going played well on Saturday

Also likes to put the boot in which is not a bad thing but picks up unnecessary bookings putting himself under early pressure getting hooked before sent off

Needs to control his discipline on the park game intelligence and cut out the rash challenges will probably pick up less injuries as well

His best performance was when his mates came over from Dublin and he scored a brace against Ross County IIRC

Was surprised Hibs have recently been linked with letting him go ( did he not turn down a move or fell through ? ) has potential and needs nurtured

2 goals in 56 appearances 14 bookings
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-03-2023 at 05:44 AM.