hibs.net Messageboard

It’s good to be back

Clyde are hardly going to be the hardest opponents we’ll play but I enjoyed that.

Back at Easter Road. Sun shining. Watching football with my son. Bumped into loads of folk I hadn’t seen in ages. An emphatic win. Some nice touches. A clean sheet.

I’ve missed Hibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Yep, lovely to be back.

A real feel good performance and being honest I thought we made Clyde look terrible, they just couldn’t cope with our movement and tempo.

We might lose a game here or there heavily with our focus on attack but similarly I can see us skelping a few this season too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, lovely to be back.

A real feel good performance and being honest I thought we made Clyde look terrible, they just couldn’t cope with our movement and tempo.

We might lose a game here or there heavily with our focus on attack but similarly I can see us skelping a few this season too.

Was speaking to a Sunderland fan a couple of weeks ago on holiday in spain. He said that Lee Johnsons style meant that the matches were exciting to watch. Really attack minded with lots of goals , he felt that his biggest weakness was setting his teams up defensively. I explained to him that the vast majority of Hibs fans want to see their team constantly playing with an attacking intent and that we would rather watch our team lose having had a right go and trying to excite the fans rather than go a goal up and shut up shop , or equally play some boring possession based style that sees us have 70 per cent possession but struggle to create shots on target. Most hibs fans want to be totally consumed in the 90 minutes and enjoy the roller coaster of playing with that attacking intent. He basically said that Lee Johnson will be a fantastic appointment if that is the style u guys enjoy watching. At Sunderland he basically had to win at all costs , they would have taken 90 minutes of utter ***** if they could win the match , they just wanted wins to get them promoted.

I think in short , if he can come out of the derbies with a decent record, the fans will really get into this current team , i fancy us to have a good ratio of wins vs losses, probably lose some games that leave us scratching our heads , draw some games we should have won , but I think over the piece we will enjoy and look forward every week to turning up to watch Hibs play. Give me that every day of the week

@hibs.net private member
    Give me goals lennons 5-5 game against sevco was brilliant I'm not saying play like that every week but goals win games I'll happily win every game 3-2or 4-3 every week and we win the league simples bring on the new season can't wait.

Enjoyed it. Wish we had scored another couple second half but that’s being (very) picky.

It was a very enjoyable afternoon. Football in the sun and 5 goals.