hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you disagree with anything I wrote other than the word "endless" ?
    It's quite a key word in your post tbf. As is the word several, also nobody called Hibs a shambles, it was the service and organisation of the food service. you were asking people to keep perspective while exaggerating yourself

Other than that it's spot on
    Last edited by Jay; 27-07-2022 at 08:27 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=AngloHibs;7041254]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post

With respect, if my granddaughter was so much at risk there is no way I'd be feeding her anything that I've not been in charge of producing. I'd prepare her a packed lunch myself and make sure that she ate nothing else. Not having a go, I'm just saying that I wouldn't take the risk.
    That's both impractical and counter productive.

Children with allergies need to learn to manage those allergies, particularly managing situations in which they may come into contact with an allergen or be offered something inappropriate.

There's school trips, birthday parties, days out at friends houses etc etc where parents aren't there to manage the risk and to control every aspect of their child's life. The child mentioned by the other poster is my daughter and she is well versed in telling waiters, other parents etc that she 'can't have any nuts'. She's also very aware that my wife and I have to check any foodstuffs in the house and she can't just help herself, everything has to be approved by us. She knows not to take any food from friends and largely sticks to the rules. Equally though she's a child and there has to be the opportunity for treats and a bit spontaneity. Restaurants, take aways, ice cream shops etc are obliged to provide allergen information as standard, there is also a whole host of legislation in place to prevent errors and cross contamination. There should be reasonable expectation that you go to a food kiosk and aren't presented with a Snickers when you ask for a Twix. There's a level of responsibility on the part of the parents but wrapping a child in cotton wool and taking pre prepared food everywhere removes the education and introduction of responsibility for the child. In all likelihood my daughter will live with this for the rest of her life so learning the right questions to ask and the things to look out for at a young age is invaluable.

Mistakes happen. In 99% of cases someone being presented with the wrong pie would be no big deal. However it's the kind of feedback that should be used to review procedures to make sure it doesn't happen and avoid something more serious.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Did you disagree with anything I wrote other than the word "endless" ?
    You said we have an 8 page thread which is mostly about someone getting the wrong pie.

That's quite clearly not the case, so if you say something that is not correct expect people to correct you on it.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You said we have an 8 page thread which is mostly about someone getting the wrong pie.

That's quite clearly not the case, so if you say something that is not correct expect people to correct you on it.
    I’m more than happy to admit that was an exaggeration, but I was talking about my other post, summing up the complaints. Do you disagree with anything I wrote in my other post (post #236) other than the word “endless”
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 28-07-2022 at 04:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

You're not wrong here. I got the price of bananas incorrect. Twice.

Thankfully my error was quickly pointed out to me.

It's one of the best things about this forum, you can learn so much just from being wrong.