hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I apologise. Let’s just agree on uneducated claptrap and leave it at that. You made many points that I’ve pointed are factually wrong. But it’s totally pointless my continuing the debate as it just keeps it going and does neither of us any favours. Men do not get to decide on what women do anymore. Btw. They aren’t ladies tees. That’s another outdated sexist term. Most decent women golfers don’t play off them.
    Nobody has suggested men should get to decide what women do. It’s simply a discussion as to whether smaller goals would improve the game. I’m not sure why you’re so desperate to take offence at a discussion on things that could potentially be an improvement to the womens game. Nobody is demanding these changes are made, nobody is demanding their voice is heard, nobody is suggesting their opinion should be more important than a womens.

Also, I’ve never mentioned ladies tees. I would say I’m not sure why you’ve mentioned it but your follow up statement about it being sexist makes it clear what you’re trying to suggest so you can ram your apology. After being asked for evidence of your previous baseless claim you’ve shat it, apologised because you have none and then attempted to fabricate some in the very same post.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 08-07-2022 at 08:48 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Nobody has suggested men should get to decide what women do. It’s simply a discussion as to whether smaller goals would improve the game. I’m not sure why you’re so desperate to take offence at a discussion on things that could potentially be an improvement to the womens game. Nobody is demanding these changes are made, nobody is demanding their voice is heard, nobody is suggesting their opinion should be more important than a womens.

Also, I’ve never mentioned ladies tees. I would say I’m not sure why you’ve mentioned it but your follow up statement about it being sexist makes it clear what you’re trying to suggest so you can ram your apology. After being asked for evidence of your previous baseless claim you’ve shat it, apologised because you have none and then attempted to fabricate some in your next post.
    You edited the post to remove the reference to womens golf and tennis. I assume as you realised you were making a mistake again. Any difference between womens and mens sport Is due to rules imposed by men many years ago. All of it is sexism. Slowly and surely these are being reversed. We as men don’t get a say in how women play football. We don’t get to decide how it can be more entertaining for us.

@hibs.net private member
    You edited the post to remove the reference to womens golf and tennis. I assume as you realised you were making a mistake again. Any difference between womens and mens sport Is due to rules imposed by men many years ago. All of it is sexism. Slowly and surely these are being reversed. We as men don’t get a say in how women play football. We don’t get to decide how it can be more entertaining for us.
    The post made no reference to ladies tees. Again, you’re completely fabricating things.

And again, nobody is saying men should get a say in it. Nobody is asking to decide anything. People simply have an opinion. That’s it. It’s not a sinister, sexist plot by rich white men to keep women down. It’s literally just a discussion as to whether the game would be better with certain changes.

Anyway, I’m not going to be discussing this any further with yourself as your attempts to denounce anyone you don’t agree with as sexist are absolutely pitiful and downright shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    The post made no reference to ladies tees. Again, you’re completely fabricating things.

And again, nobody is saying we should get a say in it. Nobody is asking to decide anything. People simply have an opinion. That’s it. It’s not a sinister, sexist plot by rich white men to keep women down. It’s literally just a discussion as to whether the game would be better with certain changes.

Anyway, I’m not going to be discussing this any further with yourself as your attempts to denounce anyone you don’t agree with as sexist are absolutely pitiful and downright shameful.
    You did edit it. Your original post talked about women's golf and women's tennis. And both examples are due to outdated sexism.

You did edit it. Your original post talked about women's golf and women's tennis. And both examples are due to outdated sexism.
    In the mixed golf tournament in Sweden in the Euro golf, the men and women do play off different tees.....so that they both have roughly the same shots in to the green.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    In the mixed golf tournament in Sweden in the Euro golf, the men and women do play off different tees.....so that they both have roughly the same shots in to the green.
    Yeh I know that. 👍. The point was that in womens tournaments they do not play off the old fashioned “ladies” tees. If your course is still calling them ladies tees they should be politely asked to just call them the Red tees or whatever colour they are.

Thank goodness that there's a couple of games on tonight. We might get a few posts about the actual tournament!

Coaching Staff
    Yeh I know that. 👍. The point was that in womens tournaments they do not play off the old fashioned “ladies” tees. If your course is still calling them ladies tees they should be politely asked to just call them the Red tees or whatever colour they are.
    Tees will be getting their pronouns next 😅

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Tee-he?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Tee-he?
    10 out of 10 👌

Left by mutual consent!
    Following on from the discussions about whether the women should have smaller goals/pitches. It would have a dramatic effect on the grassroots game, which is currently the fastest growing area of our club. Most pitches are played on by both genders, and most have fixed goals. The pitches could be reduced in size with new markings, but I don't think theirs an appetite for change. From the coaches I've spoken with, they all want to improve the players in their current settings, rather than reduce the pitch or goals.

I can see the argument on the other side though with Basketballs being smaller in the women's game, a shorter net in volleyball, Hurdles at the Olympics are 9 inches shorter. The list goes on.

We looked at increasing the size of the goals in 1996, but decided against it. We should be driven by the women's game and what they want.

Get your money on the Norwegians 👍🇳🇴

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    With more and more female clubs turning professional, surely just a matter of time before a women gets a contract with a football club , ie Spfl or premiership and even sooner for a lower league team .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    With more and more female clubs turning professional, surely just a matter of time before a women gets a contract with a football club , ie Spfl or premiership and even sooner for a lower league team .
    Can’t ever see it. I was involved many, many years ago in a match between the Scottish School boy squad and the SWNT before the women played a qualifier. The match was an annihilation. Even Julie Fleeting couldn’t get a sniff of the ball. Can’t see it ever happening.

Will never happen and no reason for it ever to happen.

Can see it happening if the technical ability is there. There are male footballers who are slightly built and not that tall. In 5 to 10 years the conditioning of women players will have improved.

MK Dons stadium is a cracker. Seems strange that they built such a large stadium for a new club with no history.

What a header that is.

Left by mutual consent!
    What a header that is.
    Nobody marking. In fairness to her she was positive in going for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    MK Dons stadium is a cracker. Seems strange that they built such a large stadium for a new club with no history.
    Has anybody from here been 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Basically a real life Field of Dreams

Germany doing what Germany does. Early days, but easily best performance so far.

@hibs.net private member
    Will never happen and no reason for it ever to happen.
    100%

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I mean, if I was being pedantic Tees, like everything else in life, already has a pronoun.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I mean, if I was being pedantic Tees, like everything else in life, already has a pronoun.
    Perhaps just a tad pedantic 🤔

I worked at the Portugal v Switzerland game today. Fantastic atmosphere, great to be a part of. We’ve got the Dutch on Wednesday, complete with fan march, so that should be interesting!

Caught the end of Sweden Holland 1-1. Enjoyed it, The Dutch goalie was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Caught the end of Sweden Holland 1-1. Enjoyed it, The Dutch goalie was very good.
    A cracking gamę, loved it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Italy are being demolished by France. Expected a lot better from Italy.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Italy are being demolished by France. Expected a lot better from Italy.
    It depends are where you are in womens football evolution. France have invested Italy clearly havent. Just because a country is traditioally good at football (mens) doent mean they will at the womens game especially if they fong invest