hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And was that compared to other womens games you’ve watched?
    I’ve not watched much womens’ football, but admit that, occasionally, I’ve thought it wasn’t bad. I would stick by my opinion that last night’s final was unimpressive and being ‘bigged up’ because of the involvement and success of the lionesses.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    There was a clear handball (although it mightve defected onto her arm?)

It was during that massive stramash at 1-0 to England I think

Really surprised it wasn't mentioned more during the game

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, during the live broadcast here in Germany, the commentator said that the arm made contact with the ball, but he ( commentator) was certain that that was not worthy of a penalty and he felt the video check backed him up - missed it altogether myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Maybe the Tory government will level up the game, and give other British nations their fare share of TV revenue.
    This is the reason the English game is flourishing the way it is, if the money was to stop they would be in dire straits!!!
    What %age share does each nation get at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Strangely enough, in London there was thousands in new football shirts and they were all England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 shirts. The buzz around the final was fantastic.
    Game was in London so if it has been low key it would have been strange.

When we spoke to Joelle Murray for the hibs.net podcast last year (hopefully soon to be returning btw) we had a great conversation on and off the record.

I walked away both shocked and genuinely saddened at the difficulties she described at grassroots level for women's football. I don't wish to aim any disrespect at the Community Foundation but funding and the very basics were a constant struggle. When we 1st started chatting to Joelle the plan was to maybe throw a couple of hundred quid their way to help out. After talking to her it was a collective decision of the admin team that we had to do more and we ended up spending a 4 figure sum on strips for one of the age group teams. It was a no brainer.

I'm well aware of the struggles that juvenile teams face when securing shirt sponsors, track suits and the like. However let's be honest no boy at any age group in the Hibs set up would ever have to worry about not having a strip for the coming season. Add to that there was a need for hairbands, water bottles, training journals etc. It was so obviously the poor relation. Again I have nothing but admiration for the work the Foundation put in to women's football but hopefully the now they are under club control such poverty is a thing of the past.

We need to get women's football right now. It's only getting bigger and we can either spend now to grow with it or, much like the men's game, Scotland can realise the world is changing too late and spend decades playing catch up. Hopefully Hibs have taken the 1st steps to ensuring we are at the front of the queue.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Don't mean this to sound arsey but do the SFA need to say anything about England womans team winning the Euros? Did they say anything when Germany won it eight times or whatever it was?
    Did you read the piece? It’s interviewing Scottish people in football to discuss the impact the result will have. It’s about Scottish football. SFA should be all over it. It’s a bandwagon to jump on to get more promotion and sponsorship. But they will remain in their offices with their nice cardigans on sipping on a nice glass of port. There is a reason why Fiona Macintyre couldn’t jump quickly enough the the SPFL MD role. Now the SFA have no one in charge of the womens game.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When we spoke to Joelle Murray for the hibs.net podcast last year (hopefully soon to be returning btw) we had a great conversation on and off the record.

I walked away both shocked and genuinely saddened at the difficulties she described at grassroots level for women's football. I don't wish to aim any disrespect at the Community Foundation but funding and the very basics were a constant struggle. When we 1st started chatting to Joelle the plan was to maybe throw a couple of hundred quid their way to help out. After talking to her it was a collective decision of the admin team that we had to do more and we ended up spending a 4 figure sum on strips for one of the age group teams. It was a no brainer.

I'm well aware of the struggles that juvenile teams face when securing shirt sponsors, track suits and the like. However let's be honest no boy at any age group in the Hibs set up would ever have to worry about not having a strip for the coming season. Add to that there was a need for hairbands, water bottles, training journals etc. It was so obviously the poor relation. Again I have nothing but admiration for the work the Foundation put in to women's football but hopefully the now they are under club control such poverty is a thing of the past.

We need to get women's football right now. It's only getting bigger and we can either spend now to grow with it or, much like the men's game, Scotland can realise the world is changing too late and spend decades playing catch up. Hopefully Hibs have taken the 1st steps to ensuring we are at the front of the queue.
    Ron Gordon surely deserves a small pat on the back for bring Hibs women in house.

When you sponsored the team did that mean that the parents didn’t have to buy all the kit like they have to for all the other age groups? Alongside the highest subs in girls football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Ron Gordon surely deserves a small pat on the back for bring Hibs women in house.
    100%.

I'll criticise RG when I feel it's merited and praise him likewise. On this one the club and thus ultimately Ron are doing the right thing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

When you sponsored the team did that mean that the parents didn’t have to buy all the kit like they have to for all the other age groups? Alongside the highest subs in girls football.
    I believe that was the case but don't quote me on it. I think ourselves and a couple of others sponsored a couple of teams and that meant the girls (or their parents) didn't have to fork out for kits.

I could be wrong though but that's my recollection of the conversations we had.

Coaching Staff
    100%.

I'll criticise RG when I feel it's merited and praise him likewise. On this one the club and thus ultimately Ron are doing the right thing.

Coaching Staff
    I believe that was the case but don't quote me on it. I think ourselves and a couple of others sponsored a couple of teams and that meant the girls (or their parents) didn't have to fork out for kits.

I could be wrong though but that's my recollection of the conversations we had.
    As an individual is it possible to provide some form of sponsorship to the women's team, an individual player for instance?

As an individual is it possible to provide some form of sponsorship to the women's team, an individual player for instance?
    Yes. Details on the player's profiles on the website

Yep. Should be on the site.

They were definitely offering individual player sponsorships for this season. Think the take up was quite good so not sure of availability.

Details for the women's packages and contact are in the latter half of this article:

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/sponsorship/player-sponsorship

They were definitely offering individual player sponsorships for this season. Think the take up was quite good so not sure of availability.

Details for the women's packages and contact are in the latter half of this article:

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/sponso...er-sponsorship
    There's quite a few going, unless the site hasn't been updated. For example, Micky doesn't have any at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve not watched much womens’ football, but admit that, occasionally, I’ve thought it wasn’t bad. I would stick by my opinion that last night’s final was unimpressive and being ‘bigged up’ because of the involvement and success of the lionesses.
    Most tournament finals are cagey, often disappointing fare. Too much at stake. There's been some really good games this tournament.

We watch Hibs, mind 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    How often are cup finals great games? There's so much at stake they can often be an anti-climax but I thought last night was decent and England's opener was fit to grace any final.

If you watched more women's football you'd have seen some cracking games in the tournament.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Yes. Details on the player's profiles on the website
    👍

Coaching Staff
    Yep. Should be on the site.
    👍

Coaching Staff

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/sponso...er-sponsorship
    I'll have a look at that, thanks.