hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsound

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sportsound

Kenny Macintyre taking over from Gordon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Kenny Macintyre is a hard listen, imho. Asks four questions in one go, getting progressively more aggressive with each question.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I don't mind him at all, I like how he asks the hard hitting difficult questions. Gordon is a loss though and a better all round presenter. He's been the voice for Scotlands leading radio football show since I can remember..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind him at all, I like how he asks the hard hitting difficult questions. Gordon is a loss though and a better all round presenter. He's been the voice for Scotlands leading radio football show since I can remember..
    I think he is ok also he can drone a bit but personally think he will be much better than RG.

As you hadn’t posted this as NHC I thought you meant Ron for a second there!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Kenny Macintyre taking over from Gordon.
    I have no strong feelings about Kenny McIntyre,one way or another.

I was more concerned that the terminally annoying stuttering stammering eejit Jane Lewis was being punted for the.

If that had happened that would have been me finished with Sportsound no question.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    I have no strong feelings about Kenny McIntyre,one way or another.

I was more concerned that the terminally annoying stuttering stammering eejit Jane Lewis was being punted for the.

If that had happened that would have been me finished with Sportsound no question.
    Yeah, Jane is a tough listen that's for sure. Very annoying how long winded she is when asking a question.

This is like replacing someone from a broadsheet (Gordon) with someone from a tabloid (MacIntyre).

Most of the time I found Gordon to be a sensible, mature and very able presenter. He was engaging and I always felt interacted well with the panels he worked with. He could have the odd wobble and give an opinionated point of view, but this was rare.

MacIntyre on the other hand is an entirely different animal. Think someone said he is not shy in asking difficult questions and saw this as a positive. Yes, this can be a positive as times but most of the time I find MacIntyre a very difficult listen. He is shouty and takes every opportunity to sensationalise even the most mundane of stories.

This is step back for Sportsound and I will be switching off even more when MacIntyre is on.

BBC Radio 5 live with Mark Chapman is on a different planet compared to Sportsound. I do understand the product down south is way better than us but from now the presentation of football north and south of the border reflects the divide.
    Last edited by Hibees1973; 06-07-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Gordon was “current” 20 years ago.

The whole thing needs a shake up. Willie Miller, Preston, the lot of them. Hackneyed and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Yeah, Jane is a tough listen that's for sure. Very annoying how long winded she is when asking a question.
    Think she doesn't have a clue to be honest

@hibs.net private member
    McIntyre is a sevconian …
    Gordon was a sarcastic prick

Neither any good in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Gordon was “current” 20 years ago.
    And Macintyre a Current Bun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    This is like replacing someone from a broadsheet (Gordon) with someone from a tabloid (MacIntyre).

Most of the time I found Gordon to be a sensible, mature and very able presenter. He was engaging and I always felt interacted well with the panels he worked with. He could have the odd wobble and give an opinionated point of view, but this was rare.

MacIntyre on the other hand is an entirely different animal. Think someone said he is not shy in asking difficult questions and saw this as a positive. Yes, this can be a positive as times but most of the time I find MacIntyre a very difficult listen. He is shouty and takes every opportunity to sensationalise even the most mundane of stories.

This is step back for Sportsound and I will be switching off even more when MacIntyre is on.

BBC Radio 5 live with Mark Chapman is on a different planet compared to Sportsound. I do understand the product down south is way better than us but from now the presentation of football north and south of the border reflects the divide.
    That's the way these days though, in it. Seemed to start with Chris Evans and Davina McCall way back, then the likes of Paddy Me Me Guinness. Now everyone is at it, screaming introductions. Won't be long before Mariella Frostrup on Classic FM follows suit with intros like "GIVE IT UP FOR MOZART."

I disagreed with those who thought Hibs needed a clear out this summer - but Sportsound has needed a clear out for some time.

Radio coverage of Scottish football has it in it to be superb but has fallen short for a few years now.

There are a good few people around who could really change it for the better but sadly I just don’t see that happening.

Willie Miller should be away, hasn’t got a clue about anything in Scotland bar Aberdeen. When Aberdeen are ***** he’s just a grumpy old *******.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Willie Miller should be away, hasn’t got a clue about anything in Scotland bar Aberdeen. When Aberdeen are ***** he’s just a grumpy old *******.
    He has been grumpy for a while right enough

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Kenny Macintyre is a hard listen, imho. Asks four questions in one go, getting progressively more aggressive with each question.
    Agreed. He's just a **** stirrer.

Was one of the main reasons I stopped listening to the BBC radio shows.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I disagreed with those who thought Hibs needed a clear out this summer - but Sportsound has needed a clear out for some time.

Radio coverage of Scottish football has it in it to be superb but has fallen short for a few years now.

There are a good few people around who could really change it for the better but sadly I just don’t see that happening.
    Did you feel that the players from last season were good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    The worse one for me is Pat Bonner. A Celtic fan and nothing else - commenting on Celtic games. Adds zero insight whatsoever. I’ve never understood how he got that gig.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The worse one for me is Pat Bonner. A Celtic fan and nothing else - commenting on Celtic games. Adds zero insight whatsoever. I’ve never understood how he got that gig.
    Agree

Out - Bonner, Miller, Preston and Tom ‘rugby’ English

In - some humour and personality. McCoist? Nevin?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

You'd have been ideal pal

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Agree

Get Craig Paterson - great input and no biase!

Agree

Stuart Kettlewell and Rory Loy added to the roster today. Both were pretty good on their debuts.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Paid by the BBC to attend only Celtic games it seems. Can't talk about anything else either. A joke.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Was listening in the car in the way home from the game today. What a shambles of a program it is.

They got Kelty Hearts and Arbroath mixed up and Chic Young didn't realize that Falkirk had won the penalty shoot out even although he was actually there.

One of the bits of commentary from Rory Lot was that one named player passed to his teammate (who wasn't named) who scored

Chick Young, Pat Bonner and Willie Miller bring absolutely nothing to the programme.

Rory Loy seems ok. I also like Craig Easton who was on off the ball earlier this afternoon

As far as I can tell guys like Bonner and Miller do zero research and add very little insight but get by because they played for the old firm or the sacred Aberdeen. And that's not to mention guys like Tom English, who just jump on any scandal to add their outraged tuppenceworth, but again with very little interest in the nuts and bolts of our game. May be unpopular for some but listen to some of the podcasts rather than the TV show and tell me Fowler, Sked and Tony from the Terrace wouldn't do a far better, more informed and entertaining job. Stewart is well informed but he seems to be persona non grata at the moment.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Agree

Those two are too expensive. Radio Scotland working on the the principal of paying peanuts and getting monkeys.... So basically fan boys.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Was an absolute shambles yesterday. Liam McLeod presenting it from what sounded like a broom cupboard. Half the pundits kit not working. Chic Young still there after retiring how many years ago and making an arse of it. Willie Miller moaning about everything (something about the toilets at Easer Road was first up). Just an embarrassment for our national game.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Was listening in the car in the way home from the game today. What a shambles of a program it is.

They got Kelty Hearts and Arbroath mixed up and Chic Young didn't realize that Falkirk had won the penalty shoot out even although he was actually there.

One of the bits of commentary from Rory Lot was that one named player passed to his teammate (who wasn't named) who scored
    That was incredible. I actually believed him at first and thought the rules must have changed this season (that if a penalty shootout was level after 5 penalties apiece the teams shared a point and no-one got a bonus point) and took note of this in the unlikely event that we find ourselves in this situation in any of our group games.

Only to find out 5 minutes later that the rules haven't been changed at all and the game didn't end level after 5 penalties apiece and Chic Young had actually missed a penalty being scored despite being at the game!