hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes that's the one, the cross goes right through him.

The flapping I'm referring to is at the beginning of the same half (45:20) he looked less than assured when attempting to clear the ball and lays it on a plate for the attacker who should have scored.

I hate that he's been put through abuse by some numbskulls in our support and I do not condone that but I don't think he's good enough to start for Hibs.
    I actually think Rocky has all the attributes to succeed and with good coaching will become a great player for us. Even won a few headers in Portugal!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I actually think Rocky has all the attributes to succeed and with good coaching will become a great player for us. Even won a few headers in Portugal!
    That was the one thing I noticed about him he seemed to be much more commanding in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Wright has extended his contract at Sunderland.

If LJ was going to sign a player to come in and be captain I imagine they player would have been signed already. Marshall or McGeady (who LJ had as captain last season at Sunderland) could be contenders for the armband.
    Didn't realise that was just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We will have a new captain for this game. Who do you suggest should take over from Hanlon overall. Just to help him with the trauma he's been through.
    Porteous or Marshall would be my pick.

Hopefully we can bring in a centre half that will be an improvement on Hanlon as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    ..........................Marshall

..............Rocky......Porto......McLelland

Cadden.........Delfierre..........JDH............. Doig

.......Tavares.......Melkerson....McGeady
    I like the look of that team - it shares 8 players with my own selection up the page and a noteable one we have in common is Delfierre - I was well impressed by his contributions in both Portugal games and would love to see some more of this guy - the League Cup games provide that oportunity - he's in form so get him in there!

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I like the look of that team - it shares 8 players with my own selection up the page and a noteable one we have in common is Delfierre - I was well impressed by his contributions in both Portugal games and would love to see some more of this guy - the League Cup games provide that oportunity - he's in form so get him in there!
    Yeah, Delierre seems to be a player who I think we should be developing as much as possible from the time I've seen him.

And like I said before, when Rocky first can in he was good. But later on after he was injured he was rubbish which I'm putting down as him playing with a niggle. McClelland looked really good at the back so want to see more of that

Really wanted to add Hauge into the squad so was a toss up between him and Tavares

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Marshall

Miller Porto McClelland Doig

Kenneh JDH

Tavares Hendo McGeady

Yohan

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Ryan Broom 25 year old right midfielder at Peterborough It's 😁
    I am old enough to remember Sooty and Sweep

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What are ticket sales looking like for the game
    It’s the local holidays so many will be away

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wrong thread - any thoughts on the starting line up?

Looking forward to seeing Youan and Tavares but really there is only one man the fans are dying to see.

Someone who hasn’t played at Easter Rd for more than 10 years. A signing who really captured the imagination……. That’s right. It’s Steven Thicot!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Marshall

Miller Porto McClelland Doig

Kenneh JDH

Tavares Hendo McGeady

Yohan
    this but swap newel for JDH will be close to line up IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not good. Upper West not even on sale yesterday. Just lower west and east

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Not good. Upper West not even on sale yesterday. Just lower west and east
    It’s only the lower west and the east open for this game

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Really looking forward to this now. There's a sense of excitement back around .net & Easter Road and I'm particularly excited to see Jair, Kenneh, Youan & Miller play tomorrow. So for me, based on LJs 4-3-3 previous;

Marshall

Miller - Rocky - Porteous - Doig

JDH - Kenneh - Newell

Jair - Youan - McGeady

That was more difficult to pick than I thought. 5 changes allowed so expect to see Melkersen, Henderson, Delferriere, Hauge & Cadden too. Left McClelland out which might be unfair but I want to see Rocky get some games under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Really looking forward to this now. There's a sense of excitement back around .net & Easter Road and I'm particularly excited to see Jair, Kenneh, Youan & Miller play tomorrow. So for me, based on LJs 4-3-3 previous;

Marshall

Miller - Rocky - Porteous - Doig

JDH - Kenneh - Newell

Jair - Youan - McGeady

That was more difficult to pick than I thought. 5 changes allowed so expect to see Melkersen, Henderson, Delferriere, Hauge & Cadden too. Left McClelland out which might be unfair but I want to see Rocky get some games under his belt.
    That's a good few new players in that starting XI, I'd maybe start with Doidge up front.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    That's a good few new players in that starting XI, I'd maybe start with Doidge up front.
    Forgot about Doidge...not sure how we're going to get all these guys on the park. Good problem to have.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Marshall
    Miller
    Porteous
    Mclelland
    Doig
    JDH
    Kenneh
    Newell
    Jair
    Youan
    Mcgeady

Left by mutual consent!
    We only conceded 2 goals in the two matches and I'm sure Rocky was only on the pitch when we conceded one of those goals. Would this be the goal he was flapping at?
    We were playing Hartleppol and Burton.
    You seem to think it ok that we've conceded another two goals.
    I saw enough of Rocky last season to deduce he isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Everyone deserves a clean slate for this season. Try giving the guy a break and get behind him.
    And these were pre-season friendlies trying new line-ups every 45mins and totally new systems so I'd relax a wee bit about the goals conceded.

Where does it say it's ok to concede 2 goals? It doesn't say that. Read what I said again , Rocky was only on the field for 1 goal we conceded in pre-season.

If LJ decides he's good enough fine, if he doesn't I'm also fine. I'm more likely to go with what LJ deduces 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Where does it say it's ok to concede 2 goals? It doesn't say that. Read what I said again , Rocky was only on the field for 1 goal we conceded in pre-season.

If LJ decides he's good enough fine, if he doesn't I'm also fine. I'm more likely to go with what LJ deduces 😁
    You stated we only lost two goals in the two games. By saying only I thought you meant that was ok.
    Regarding Rocky you saw the same games as me so hopefully he can make me eat my words.
    All I ask for this season is that we give Hearts and probably Aberdeen a run for third place.
    In my opinion we need better than Rocky to achieve that.
    As usual on this forum we ignore the complete dross we had to suffer last season.
    A big percentage of fans would be happy to see Lewis and Paul Hanlon start our first game at Perth and I know PH will struggle to make that.
    The new manager has a huge job on his hands but the signs so far are pretty good from him.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Couldn’t care less if we conceded two given that we scored four. Give me that every week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Couldn’t care less if we conceded two given that we scored four. Give me that every week.
    Fair point but if we lose two goals in an SPL game I'm not so sure we're scoring four very often.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Fair point but if we lose two goals in an SPL game I'm not so sure we're scoring four very often.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    We will be too busy on our way to 5, 6 and 7 scored to worry about stopping at 4 scored

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I know it's only preseason where we weren't under huge pressure defensively but I'm surprised more haven't gone with McLelland at CB...

I thought Rocky was flapping a bit for at least one of the goals conceded and another couple of chances over the two games in Portugal.

Also don't think LJ rates Rocky very much (neither do I), I'd be surprised to see him in the starting 11.
    I'm surprised as many have went for McLelland. He looked good in the pre season games though so not against it. Rocky looked good too, so did Brydon. To be honest, all the defenders looked good as we had most of the ball playing teams we were far better than. Anyone else we put in at centre back would have looked good too.

I would 100% be playing Rocky v Clyde. I suspect again that we will have most of the ball v lower league Clyde. Our centre backs will have time and probably not come under huge pressure. Rocky is our player, he is short of confidence or feeling unloved - however you want to term it. Saturdays game can help build him up.

In the absence of Hanlon and any new CB signed I think giving McLelland the nod (younger than Rocky, less experience and signed for development) will set Rocky back mentally. That would be a moot point if McLelland had shown he was going to be a good first team player going forward. I hope he will be but that case against Hartlepool and Burton is not proven.

Also - this micro analysis of Rocky mistakes in pre season games, I remember McLelland playing an awful pass that was intercepted and Hartlepool could have done better with the break. No criticism though, just pre season friendlies and he did well.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    I'm surprised as many have went for McLelland. He looked good in the pre season games though so not against it. Rocky looked good too, so did Brydon. To be honest, all the defenders looked good as we had most of the ball playing teams we were far better than. Anyone else we put in at centre back would have looked good too.

I would 100% be playing Rocky v Clyde. I suspect again that we will have most of the ball v lower league Clyde. Our centre backs will have time and probably not come under huge pressure. Rocky is our player, he is short of confidence or feeling unloved - however you want to term it. Saturdays game can help build him up.

In the absence of Hanlon and any new CB signed I think giving McLelland the nod (younger than Rocky, less experience and signed for development) will set Rocky back mentally. That would be a moot point if McLelland had shown he was going to be a good first team player going forward. I hope he will be but that case against Hartlepool and Burton is not proven.

Also - this micro analysis of Rocky mistakes in pre season games, I remember McLelland playing an awful pass that was intercepted and Hartlepool could have done better with the break. No criticism though, just pre season friendlies and he did well.
    I think the McClelland over Rocky is because Porto will most likely play RCB and although McClelland is right footed I think he's more comfortable at left CB than Rocky.

Unless we go 3 at the back which would seem unlikely I think Rocky will start on the bench.

Just my thoughts although I'm probably miles off

I think the McClelland over Rocky is because Porto will most likely play RCB and although McClelland is right footed I think he's more comfortable at left CB than Rocky.

Unless we go 3 at the back which would seem unlikely I think Rocky will start on the bench.

Just my thoughts although I'm probably miles off
    That might be true, I just don't know how McLelland has shown that given he has only been involved in those 2 easy(ish) games for us. Hold my hand up to not having seen him play for anyone else though.

I really don't think it matters who plays between them in terms of how the game and result will pan out. Whoever plays will do a good job in this one I imagine

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Conceding two goals in two games isn’t that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Conceding two goals in two games isn’t that bad?
    I’m not convinced we’ll be strong enough defensively with what we currently have. But losing a couple of goals over a couple of friendlies when you’re changing an entire team at half time, really isn’t something to be bothered about.

I also expect us to lose more goals this season as the defence won’t have three midfielders sitting right in front of them all the time.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 08-07-2022 at 09:27 AM.