hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mallan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guaranteed he's scoring a screamer against us if he is moving back to Scotland as well.
    If we don't have a statue for a goalie, he won't. If we sign oxley again - probably

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

I agree to an extent, but his all round game is levels below Newell, and our managers seen that. Funny you mention St Johnstone, one of Mallans last games a 2-2 draw with them when he was absolutely dreadful and was hooked.

Its a proper Scott Allan replacement we need, if we are going to play with an attacking midfielder. Not Stevie Mallan.
    Newell is better in several aspects agreed, - I've said before I think a blend of the 2 players would be ideal

In that 2-2 St Johnstone game he wasnt hooked by the way, so the manager didnt think he was dreadful as you.

I'm not suggesting he should come back to us btw!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighonel View Post
    For me, Mallan was always a liability when we were defending. Players breezed by him, probably why he found himself on the bench quite a bit.

Also on your comparison with Newell...different player for me. A better comparison would be "would you rather have Allan or Mallan?" If we were relying on Mallan to sit in and offer cover to the defence we would be in major trouble most weeks.
    Somebody else compared Mallan and Newell first, hence my point about them both having different qualities.