hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bertie Wooster
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Load the box got me sitting up, far far too often we are lucky if we have 2 players in the box making it much easier to defend. Our 2 central midfielders very rarely get up in support and I've always thought if we are attacking down the right why is the left winger / wing back not getting up into the box. If he can get 4-5 bodies in and around the box we will score more
    Really liked the way he talked about his approach and appreciate we will have gaps at the back at times , but one concern is do we have the players who are fit enough to play this style for 90 minutes. Be it getting into the box to support , getting back behind the ball to defend , close down the opposition (getting the ball back in x amount of seconds) and so on.

What I saw last season, a number of them would not be able to adapt to this

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lee is a good egg. Very positive vibes about this appointment.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The way he talks about his approach to games reminds me of the way the Tornadoes played.

Exciting to watch, brilliant going forward but susceptible to the occasional thrashing (usually from Celtc).

We can only hope...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Indeed. And owner. Remember listening to Maloney having a cosy chat with one of the podcasts earlier in the year and coming across well too, so much that I could have started to get enthused listening to him if I hadn't been seeing something completely different on the park. These things are all well and good, but I'm feeling slightly more cynical about them now. It's a clever move by the club though. The more they make folk available to the podcasts the less likely they are to get criticism from that direction in case the access dries up.
    Maloney sounded like he didn’t believe a word he said. Came across quite cold and was over thinking everything. At least LJ sounds like he believes in what he’s saying and is natural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie Wooster View Post
    Really liked the way he talked about his approach and appreciate we will have gaps at the back at times , but one concern is do we have the players who are fit enough to play this style for 90 minutes. Be it getting into the box to support , getting back behind the ball to defend , close down the opposition (getting the ball back in x amount of seconds) and so on.

What I saw last season, a number of them would not be able to adapt to this
    Would that number be about 15.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Loading the box would also mean us needing to be very fit. Looking forward to that, feel like it’s been a while since we’ve looked fitter than the team we’ve been playing

Left by mutual consent!
    Best question of the session was who LJ has tried to sign from the Hibs squad in the past. I'm also a big fan of Nisbet and think he will do well in a good Hibs team, as he has shown in the past. It's a sad state of affairs though that LJ can openly laugh about making illegal moves for our player. This is the game nowadays where tapping up is just accepted as part of the game. It definitely disrupted things for us and Nisbet. He went off the boil for a period and could well have cost us 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hibs View Post
    Best question of the session was who LJ has tried to sign from the Hibs squad in the past. I'm also a big fan of Nisbet and think he will do well in a good Hibs team, as he has shown in the past. It's a sad state of affairs though that LJ can openly laugh about making illegal moves for our player. This is the game nowadays where tapping up is just accepted as part of the game. It definitely disrupted things for us and Nisbet. He went off the boil for a period and could well have cost us 3rd place.
    Every single player has been illegally tapped since the beginning of football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Every single player has been illegally tapped since the beginning of football.
    I didn't disagree it goes on it's just sad now that nothing is done to prevent it. Is there no punishment for it anymore?

I remember being very underwhelmed when Mowbray was given the job then i listened to his phillosophy and ideas on the game and i started to get excited. I feel the same way about Lee. I was a big Jack Ross fan but Lee has managed more games and at a higher level than Jack did, and at 40 is still a young manager. Even after 400 odd games in management he's still not the finished article and can grow with us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    'If the ball goes out for a throw in, can we get that ball back within 5 seconds'

Given this has been one of my bugbears for about 50 years, Im sold!
    Same! Literally would have handed him the keys to the city at this point once he said that. The tactic of EVERY club at Easter Road is to slow it down and I include us in that, never seen such lethargy by players when the ball goes out or free kicks are given, that’s why I loved McGinn, genuinely seemed to love football and had energy about him. We should be running over the top of teams and not giving them a second.

Just listened to the podcast, he came over as sincere and knowledgable, he has a bag load of managerial experience. Exactly what I was hoping for from a manager. He has experience of Edinburgh derbies which I think is crucial for him to relay to our lads just how it went before his derbies with against us. I also like the fact he mentioned the City group, may be a surprise or two in there for us? Anyhoos with the games starting in a few weeks I just hope he has enough time to get the team gelled, we really need to hit the ground running.