hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the issue is we are all a bit done with rhetoric. Just prove it on the pitch Lee and the fans will back you to the hilt. We're sick of the talk whether thats the manager the Owner or whoever. Just f*****g deliver something.
    Yes your right, we are sick of the talk. But what else do you expect the guy to say when put on the spot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Yes your right, we are sick of the talk. But what else do you expect the guy to say when put on the spot.
    Just to clarify something though, im not sick of the talk. I like having a manager I enjoy listening to.

What happens on the pitch will always be the most important thing but having a manager you like helps as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I think the issue is we are all a bit done with rhetoric. Just prove it on the pitch Lee and the fans will back you to the hilt. We're sick of the talk whether thats the manager the Owner or whoever. Just f*****g deliver something.
    That’s true - but what would you prefer during close season - no interviews or communication? I think it’s helpful to get to know him and his views more - he knows he will be judged on results …

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Managed around 20 mins before drifting away, will try and catch the rest later on.

Nice enough guy saying the same things as our last few managers.

Nothing new but nothing to worry about either I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s true - but what would you prefer during close season - no interviews or communication? I think it’s helpful to get to know him and his views more - he knows he will be judged on results …
    Constant common complaint over the last few months -“ why don’t we hear more from the club?”

Latest complaint -“ Why are these people talking to us.It’s what happens on the field that counts”

Is there no end to the moaning on here?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Constant common complaint over the last few months -“ why don’t we hear more from the club?”

Latest complaint -“ Why are these people talking to us.It’s what happens on the field that counts”

Yep…people seem to spend more time finding issues with something than enjoying what’s good about stuff ….

@hibs.net private member

I don't think anyone has said they don't hear enough from the manager, maloney loved a speech.

Obviously you need communication with the manager but it doesn't usually reflect what the results are.

Butcher talked fantastically and lennon less so. Post season is obviously about filling the void, but we're eager to see him do the business on the park. I'm hopeful he will do grand

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Good. I hope that remains the case. Fan-lead media has a part to play, but needs to be watchful of blurring the line between being the voice of the fan and the voice of the club. I'd imagine a lot of clubs would be quite keen to have that line blurred.
    Agreed, we are very aware of that and we feel it’s important that we can be authentic on the podcast - if we’re rubbish we’ll say we’re rubbish, if we think the manager should be sacked or a player isn’t good enough, we’ll say it, and if we’re think the decision makers are going it wrong we’ll say that as well - in fact, if you listen to the questions from longbangers to Ron Gordon, they are both very critical (one about a poor transfer window, which Ron disagreed with and asked us to follow up with him with why we thought the windows wasn’t good, we did and he’s yet to respond properly, and the other was basically - were bottom 6, lost two derbies in a week, sacked two managers this season, what’s going on? I don’t think either of those questions could be criticised for not challenging Ron).

If we ever got to the point where we couldn’t or wouldn’t criticise the club when it’s warranted, I’d pack it in. You’ll only ever hear what we genuinely think from us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I’m absolutely furious and baffled as to how I’ve listened to 56 minutes of questions put to our new manager and I’m still none the wiser about what biscuit he’d choose in a throwing competition!!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I’m absolutely furious and baffled as to how I’ve listened to 56 minutes of questions put to our new manager and I’m still none the wiser about what biscuit he’d choose in a throwing competition!!!!!
    The old wagon wheels

You see that as moaning, as I see that as different people with different takes on things.

What's wrong with that?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    You see that as moaning, as I see that as different people with different takes on things.

What's wrong with that?
    He thinks it’s moaning, you don’t. Maybe he just has a different take on things, what’s wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

What's wrong with that?
    Let's face it, if there is an alternate point of view from the majority then you will take it 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I would like to know if LJ could go and get a player he likes other than just the ones he's presented with. So yes, there are some things that need clarification in my opinion. Anyway he has come across as someone who has bought into the club, and i do like what he is saying. Win games and i will be happy. 👍👍
    Yes - he clearly said he has his own lists.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Let's face it, if there is an alternate point of view from the majority then you will take it 🙂
    Depends what the subject is.

I call things as I see them.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Enjoyed that

Seems to ‘get us’ which is a start

Filled me with fresh optimism for the new season

Did not realise he won the League Cup with Kilmarnock
    Not only that, he got the assist for the winning goal

https://youtu.be/G0-338EHJCM

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post

Does that mean we get to call him "a born winner" etc?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Yes - he clearly said he has his own lists.
    I had it streaming on the tv earlier, while making some food in the kitchen and must have missed that bit.

Good to hear he's got his own list too, i like when a manager knows who he wants through knowing the player or seeing a bit of them.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I enjoyed listening to Lee Johnson and and I sense even he knows it’s one thing talking a good game and actually putting that into positive action.

One positive for me would be that as a young manager he is also an experienced one, but not old enough to be set in his ways and will have learned from previous mistakes and May do things differently this time round in certain scenarios. He’s certainly very open an honest, and his opinion that we are returning too late for his liking evidence of that.

I’ve got a good feeling about this appointment.

@hibs.net private member
    I enjoyed it too - good communicator …also sounds less technically rigid compared to Maloney, think the players will enjoy that ..

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post

amazing how many ex or future Hibbys played in that game.

Broony
    Stokesy
    Dean Shiels
    Paul Heffernan
    Anyone else I missed?

and now our new manager

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I like him. Wasn't my choice for the job but the more I see of him, the more I think I'd enjoy working for him and that he's got that element that Stubbs and Mowbray had that would make you want to work for them and with them. Complete polar opposite to Maloney who came across like a smug, aloof erse who couldn't possibly be wrong, I think LJ is coming across as someone who is prepared to make changes if he sees things that are not working.

I really hope it works out for him, there's a lot to like.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    I enjoy listening to LJ, I found listening to Maloney a bit of a chore, appreciate that’s a very simplistic analysis but he seems far more personable, Sean came over very robotic.

Really enjoyed the interview, great to have that access.
    Lee (I feel I can call him Lee now)comes across really well.
    I like his football philosophy and I like that he’s not promising the earth, but is looking for realistic positive change.
    I reckon players will like him and buy into the style of play he wants from the team. Excited to see the new additions.
    Roll on the new season. Good luck Lee.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post

Broony
    Stokesy
    Dean Shiels
    Paul Heffernan
    Anyone else I missed?

and now our new manager
    Kris commons, and Neil Lennon was Celtic's manager

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post

Broony
    Stokesy
    Dean Shiels
    Paul Heffernan
    Anyone else I missed?

and now our new manager
    Cammy Bell and Michael Nelson.
    Last edited by Bayern Bru; 01-06-2022 at 01:47 PM.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    I don't think anyone has said they don't hear enough from the manager, maloney loved a speech.

Obviously you need communication with the manager but it doesn't usually reflect what the results are.

Butcher talked fantastically and lennon less so. Post season is obviously about filling the void, but we're eager to see him do the business on the park. I'm hopeful he will do grand
    I think Lennon and Ross articulated things very well whereas i often wondered where Maloney was going with what he was saying. Lee comes across very well IMO. I think the players will like him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think Lennon and Ross articulated things very well whereas i often wondered where Maloney was going with what he was saying. Lee comes across very well IMO. I think the players will like him.
    Fenlon came across fantastic and was a really good guy going above and beyond for fans groups ect. He was partly responsible for some of our most disgraceful games. As I said before I remember butchers speeches being shared on here when he signed up.

We'll see how it goes and I am hopeful

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Fenlon came across fantastic and was a really good guy going above and beyond for fans groups ect. He was partly responsible for some of our most disgraceful games. As I said before I remember butchers speeches being shared on here when he signed up.

We'll see how it goes and I am hopeful

You are right, but the fact that our new guy comes across as an engaging and likeable character certainly doesn’t do him any harm.

He’s clearly put in a lot of work learning about Hibs, which in turn gives him the confidence to do interviews with fan groups etc so early on in his tenure.

No clues as to what formation we’re gonna line up in?