hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

interview with Lee Johnson

we caught up with Lee Johnson along with Hibs.pod, Down the Slope, and Strong Opinion Hibs.

you can see it here:

https://youtu.be/48Mtb12kuoA

2. Log in to remove the advert

Cheers for sharing Matty. Good to chat with everyone again. Lee seems like an up front character.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers for sharing Matty. Good to chat with everyone again. Lee seems like an up front character.
    He was very open, eh? Just have to hope that enthusiasm and belief makes its way into the pitch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Enjoyed what I have seen of that so far.

Well done to all of those who were able to make it on.

The more I hear from Johnson and the more I hear about him the more I like him. If he doesn't do well here it won't be because of alck of enthusiasm for the job.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think the issue is we are all a bit done with rhetoric. Just prove it on the pitch Lee and the fans will back you to the hilt. We're sick of the talk whether thats the manager the Owner or whoever. Just f*****g deliver something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Enjoyed what I have seen of that so far.

Well done to all of those who were able to make it on.

The more I hear from Johnson and the more I hear about him the more I like him. If he doesn't do well here it won't be because of alck of enthusiasm for the job.
    That's good. If enthusiasm was key to success, Terry Butcher would have taken us to to the CL. Let's hope RG based his call on more than LJ's presentation skills

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I think the issue is we are all a bit done with rhetoric. Just prove it on the pitch Lee and the fans will back you to the hilt. We're sick of the talk whether thats the manager the Owner or whoever. Just f*****g deliver something.
    That's another way of putting it

Personally I enjoy hearing from people at the club.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Personally I enjoy hearing from people at the club.
    Wasnt my point fella. Basically the talking is done on the pitch. Lee's a likeable bloke. Does that mean anything?

Wasnt my point fella. Basically the talking is done on the pitch. Lee's a likeable bloke. Does that mean anything?
    Not really. But I think a manager who can build a bit of rapport with fans gets an easier time of it and more of a chance.

I could be well wide off the mark but I think a big part of the issue with Jack Ross was he was a bit dour and robotic in his interviews. It was 100% from the answer a question without saying anything school. Maloney sounded like he was reading from a textbook or as if he was imitating a manager he had heard on TV. It's no shock that a lot of the criticism aimed at them was of a personal nature.

The likes of Lennon wore his heart on his sleeve. For all it was a but much sometime, he had the support well up for it throughout much of his reign even in the, fairly lengthy, spells when the football wasn't up too much.

If Johnson can get the fans partially onside with his chat then back it up on the park then he'll be fine. Of course all the chat in the world is worth nothing if the results and performances don't come. As it is though there is such a vocal ambivalence or even hostility towards him that he needs to get these interviews spot on. He's doing OK so far imo.

@hibs.net private member
    I've barely listened to a managers interview in years, they can all talk a good game. Think I was burned after everyone was salivating over Terry butchers chat when he came in, there was videos doing the rounds of some managers seminars he was doing. Also talk from his physio scout mate.

I'll judge what I see us play like now

I like this guy. He has a quiet calmness about him but is also clear in how his team's play.

Yes, it's just talk at the moment but I think he will be a success here.

Oh, and glad the dog was found Matty 😂

An interesting comment from him re leaks to the press and finding out about them. The mole better watch out.
    Last edited by DaveF; 31-05-2022 at 07:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't seem to find any of his games managing on YouTube.

Wish I had twenty quid for every Hibs boss in the last 18 months who gave a good interview.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I like this guy. He has a quiet calmness about him but is also clear in how his team's play.

An interesting comment from him re leaks to the press and finding out about them. The mole better watch out.
    That was interesting- it was mentioned on the oldfirmfacts podcast the other week that the club leak info to DTS.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I like the talk whether it's the manager or the owner.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I'm with you on this Dave, he comes across assured without portraying arrogance, very approachable, while giving the impression that he won't hesitate to make the difficult decisions. To me he has what it takes to be a successful and efficient leader.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I like him.

I understand why people are saying get the talking done on the pitch, we all agree.

I think it is valuable to have a manager sit down with all of the fans podcasts and by extension make the time for the fans to try and engage us.

This is the strongest the fan media has ever been so it is a great opportunity to engage with the support, and I really appreciate that he has done it.

Hopefully he gets the results. Hopefully he keeps a presence with the fans.

It’s novel approach but I like it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danderhall hibs View Post
    that was interesting- it was mentioned on the oldfirmfacts podcast the other week that the club leak info to dts.
    dts?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    dts?
    Down the Slope
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Very good interview and thanks to all of the guys involved in the podcasts for making it possible.

I really like how he comes across, he seems to say the right amount without taking the fans for idiots, he’s very honest in his assessment of where the team are and that we’ll undoubtedly “take some pastings”.

He seems to have a bit of everything about him as a person which will hopefully reflect well on the club, media and fans.

I also like how he said he wasn’t happy with how late the players are back from pre season as I think it’s become the norm for clubs/fans to view the league cup group stages as part of pre season which he seems to really disagree with which is a good sign.

I think he’ll bring in a couple of really good additions from the English league, think we’ll see a Man City player join on loan too. He got Doyle from them at Sunderland who got rave reviews.

Really looking forward to who we sign and the new season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    dts?
    Down the slope podcast. I thought at first it was dave Lee Travis

Very impressive talker and comes across as both calm and confident.

Loved his quote about getting the ball back in play within 5 seconds from a throw in. If he can manage that (something that I have yet to see in 35 years) then he gets my vote!

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    He is well researched and I think he has put to bed any concerns of coming up from England and underestimating the game up here.

Comes across as very genuine and realistic with his goals for the club and how he wants us to play. Certainly a lot different from Maloneys aloof appearance.

If he can translate his philosophy into reality here then I think we will be in for an exciting time under his tenure.

Really like him. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Was a really good listen that. Liked his openess and honesty and think at the very least we're going to be entertained this coming season.

Interesting him mentioning about stuff getting out to the press etc as well. Wonder who the leaker is!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Was a really good listen that. Liked his openess and honesty and think at the very least we're going to be entertained this coming season.

Interesting him mentioning about stuff getting out to the press etc as well. Wonder who the leaker is!
    Sounds good , can tell he has done his research into the Club. Clearly seen things while researching that he wants to fix like things being leaked, wouldn’t suprise me if he has been on here

He has a plan, comes across more confident than maloney let’s hope he does the business on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Were you guys briefed on what you could and couldn't ask? The questions were all very vague and safe. Didn't learn anything sadly which seems a bit of a waste of access for an hour. Not a criticism you guys are not journalists but I thought the questions to Ron Gordon were much better and getting to the issues we want to hear about. Someone could have asked him what role he plays in recruitment. Something I'm still baffled at.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Enjoyed this a lot. I find it really refreshing that the club are open to this kind of engagement with the fans nowadays, great stuff from all involved. I thought this, and Ron fronting up re: Shaun Maloney's sacking were both really well done, changed days indeed from mostly silent treatment under Rod Petrie etc.

It's also nice to see all the podcasts working together and bouncing off each other. Hopefully there will be a lot more of these to come.

Like others have said, the more I hear from LJ the more I warm to him. He seems to have a natural relatability which will hopefully go a long way to improving our players, something we've not been particularly great at lately. Wish him luck and will be right behind him 💚