hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Starryplough75
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t believe that fitba fans and so called ‘experts’ in the studio don’t know the rules.
    It was clearly offside. At the moment the Real player played played the ball forward KB was in an offside position. It does not mater how many players the ball ricochet’s off the ball got to him from the initial ‘pass’. Even the bumbling ‘official’ in the studio didn’t explain it well. He stated it would have had to played deliberately by the Liverpool player after the initial pass, that’s true a deflection or ricochet doesn’t count. But it would also have had to have been a second phase from the moment the original forward pass was made…which it wasn’t. So even if either or both those Liverpool players had deliberately played the ball back after the first pass was made it still should have been chalked off.
    Attacking team play the ball forward. Ball reaches striker in offside position who scores. H’s offside no matter who or what it hits en route to the goal scorer. Simple. It’s not rocket science.
    to be fair it is hard to keep up they change them every 5 minutes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    I was spelling it out for the hard of thinking…glad it worked.
    Did it? I’m not sure anyone that ‘spells’ or uses grammar the way you do will have read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Did it? I’m not sure anyone that ‘spells’ or uses grammar the way you do will have read it yet.
    As long as you understood it…my work is done.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Wasn't the offside given for the moment before all the deflections anyway, making what happened afterwards moot?

If not, I wasn't aware that an unintentional deflection off a defender doesn't count in relation to offside.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 29-05-2022 at 12:09 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Keeper made an erse of it
    chaos and confusion
    Stramash and a scramble
    Defenders in a panic
    attacker blooters it in
    Its a goal ! Ya beauty
    Game was so much more simpler in the old days

The interesting part for me was how long it took for the 'panel' to watch it in slow motion and come to a decision, that is still contentious.
    Last edited by I'm Spartacus; 30-05-2022 at 12:11 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Onside, offside, they really have to simplify things, and surely Robertson was in between the attacking player and the goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    Onside, offside, they really have to simplify things, and surely Robertson was in between the attacking player and the goalkeeper
    He was, but Benzema was closer to the goal than the keeper, so there was only one player between Benzema and the goal. There has to be two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Wasn't the offside given for the moment before all the deflections anyway, making what happened afterwards moot?

If not, I wasn't aware that an unintentional deflection off a defender doesn't count in relation to offside.
    The moment the RM player plays the ball determines if Benzema is in an offside position. What happens afterwards determines if he "gains an advantage" from that, which is the actual offence.

Who'd be a lino?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He was, but Benzema was closer to the goal than the keeper, so there was only one player between Benzema and the goal. There has to be two.
    When did that change? I wondered why no one else was say that, stupid idea if you ask me

When did that change? I wondered why no one else was say that, stupid idea if you ask me

That's pretty much always been the rule.

If there isn't two players on the defending team closer to the goal than the attacker, then they are offside.

We are all just so used to it being the goalie +1 that we sometimes forget that he is one of the two.