hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jasper

Jasper

Anybody got any idea why he's been tagged in hibs official Instagram if he's away?

Edit: Sorry can only attach a link, can't get the photo to upload
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JDT; 28-05-2022 at 09:18 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody got any idea why he's been tagged in his official Instagram if he's away?

Edit: Sorry can only attach a link, can't get the photo to upload
    Possibly as simple as they are struggling for content and feel they need to post something.

Hibs' comms strategy hasn't been great this season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Possibly as simple as they are struggling for content and feel they need to post something.

Hibs' comms strategy hasn't been great this season.
    That would be my first thought or perhaps Comms have no idea what is going on with the playing squad.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    It's just a social media post saying, the players are on their holidays, why do folk get angry at this stuff?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    That would be my first thought or perhaps Comms have no idea what is going on with the playing squad.
    I’d guess that’s the case as several players have been made available for sponsorship next season that we haven’t been told are actually staying yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    It's just a social media post saying, the players are on their holidays, why do folk get angry at this stuff?
    Is anyone angry?

Jasper

People were probably angry when we won the SC. Team managed by an Englishman, goals scored by an ex-Hearts player and a player who decided to play for the Republic of Ireland, Rod Petrie was laughing etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Victor; 28-05-2022 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’d guess that’s the case as several players have been made available for sponsorship next season that we haven’t been told are actually staying yet.
    That’s the same every year with sponsorship. Players leave all the time and you are generally offered a swap.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    That’s the same every year with sponsorship. Players leave all the time and you are generally offered a swap.
    I don’t remember it happening with players that are out of contract/have loans ending in the summer. Although I suppose contract planning has been disrupted due to the management change.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    dunno if folks are getting angry at this stuff but if they are, perhaps it’s just “social norms” taken from how folks think they’re supposed to act based on other behaviours online.

Seems to me is all big one swindle and I see the irony in this post.

I do Wonder if half the stuff that goes on on the internet would happen if we were just gassing with folks and strangers in a pub…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    My point is people are reading too much into it, it’s just the social media person putting out content when there’s no football to report. Maybe it could even make some of our fans realise the players are also humans with real lives too, or maybe that’s too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    People were probably angry when we won the SC. Team managed by an Englishman, goals scored by an ex-Hearts player and a player who decided to play for the Republic of Ireland, Rod Petrie was laughing etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Who else was Stokes meant to play for, he’s Irish ffs?!
    Absolutely raging.

He will still be contracted to us till the end of the month … it’s a simple hibee on holiday post , he is still a hibee and he is on holiday so he is in the post . Be exactly same for players we know are leaving, still hibs employees until end of month , I’m guessing then we will get an update

With all social media in order to get people to see content you need to be posting regularly that’s all hibs are doing here. Filling the gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    dunno if folks are getting angry at this stuff but if they are, perhaps it’s just “social norms” taken from how folks think they’re supposed to act based on other behaviours online.

Seems to me is all big one swindle and I see the irony in this post.

I do Wonder if half the stuff that goes on on the internet would happen if we were just gassing with folks and strangers in a pub…
    I remember there being a programme on the telly a couple of years back about Scottish football.

It described Twitter as being like walking into a pub and everyone there is on their 9th pint, which I thought was quite funny and appropriate.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    My point is people are reading too much into it, it’s just the social media person putting out content when there’s no football to report. Maybe it could even make some of our fans realise the players are also humans with real lives too, or maybe that’s too much to ask.
    Ironic really, given that only person reading too much into things is yourself

Hope Jasper enjoys his hols, I think it's a pity he's not returning to the club, I liked his style. Since Boyle left we 've had no else able to take a man on.

Do we know for cert he's away?

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    He will still be contracted to us till the end of the month … it’s a simple hibee on holiday post , he is still a hibee and he is on holiday so he is in the post . Be exactly same for players we know are leaving, still hibs employees until end of month , I’m guessing then we will get an update

With all social media in order to get people to see content you need to be posting regularly that’s all hibs are doing here. Filling the gap

Tbf they've posted content 3 times today by just after noon

Having a bit of experience in comms, I'd say this is saturation. You want to post regularly, but the content should also be of a certain quality and not too frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by FRes Hibbie View Post
    Who else was Stokes meant to play for, he’s Irish ffs?!
    Absolutely raging.
    There’s a lot of it about!!

@hibs.net private member
    FWIW out of him, Scott and Rocky, Jasper did the most to impress me during his stay. Its clear he has weaknesses in his game but that does NOT include a lack of willingness to go forward. Needs to work on his decision making and movement out of possession i think - still a very promising young winger. As others have pointed out frequently though - we need some established experience to complement the emerging talent.

Could be a asset with a more attack minded manager he was never going to fit into the tippy tappy style Maloney wanted.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I remember there being a programme on the telly a couple of years back about Scottish football.

It described Twitter as being like walking into a pub and everyone there is on their 9th pint, which I thought was quite funny and appropriate.
    love it - borrowing that!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is it official he isn't returning?

Who are the 1st two pictures of?

2nd one is on a private jet ???

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Who are the 1st two pictures of?

2nd one is on a private jet ???
    Think the first is Delferriere. And think the Second is Hauge….his brother won the europa last week against The Rangers