hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hibernian on Derek Diablo TV

Like it or loath it, Hibernian's CCS are a part of Hibernian's history, both current and past, and the books "Hibs boy" and "These colours don't run" have been available in the Hibs shop.

Now, an American video producer named Derek Diablo whom claims to be the leader of the "Inter Miami Firm", and is actively trying to kickstart the casual scene in the US, has done a video on almost every single firm in the UK, including the CCS.

You may think that Derek Diablo is a plonker, but his videos are at least partially satirical, and may contain some entertainment value. But seriously, the guy is is like a walking encyclopedia on football hooliganism. He must have spent at least half of his adult life reading books written by football hooligans. Sad?

Last edited by Edina Street; 26-05-2022 at 10:35 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The only positive thing you can say about the 'casuals' was that they tended to organise fights between themselves and kept the bother away from the stadiums, but that's it. Anybody who thinks bringing that ***** to MLS will be anything but disastrous and utterly negative for that league is a total moron.

Football casuals with open unrestricted access to automatic weapons? That sounds like fun

Pathetic!

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Starryplough75
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like it or loath it, Hibernian's CCS are a part of Hibernian's history, both current and past, and the books "Hibs boy" and "These colours don't run" have been available in the Hibs shop.

Now, an American video producer named Derek Diablo whom claims to be the leader of the "Inter Miami Firm", and is actively trying to kickstart the casual scene in the US, has done a video on almost every single firm in the UK, including the CCS.

You may think that Derek Diablo is a plonker, but his videos are at least partially satirical, and may contain some entertainment value. But seriously, the guy is is like a walking encyclopedia on football hooliganism. He must have spent at least half of his adult life reading books written by football hooligans. Sad?

still no sure if hes a parody or not its all very embarrassing all the same as is the casual culture in general

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    That guys a nutcase 🤣.

To this day I don't get why folk would spend hundreds on clobber to go and scrap. Just seems weird to me.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Is he a character comedian? His accent is all over the place. Even sounds English putting on an American accent at one point.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    An era that has, thankfully, been and gone. Fortunately the young men that follow Hibs at the minute seem committed to creating atmosphere than scrapping. Long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    This stuff is so tiresome. Leave it in the 1980s eh?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    What a twat

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AliboyFC View Post
    That guys a nutcase 🤣.
    Just noticed your display pic. Are you letting him join?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    An era that has, thankfully, been and gone. Fortunately the young men that follow Hibs at the minute seem committed to creating atmosphere than scrapping. Long may it continue.
    You've obviously not had the pleasure of being around them at Ibrox or Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Is he a character comedian? His accent is all over the place. Even sounds English putting on an American accent at one point.
    Hoping that it turns out to be Sasha Baron Cohen. Tragic if not.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Agree. Shirley a faking faker.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Nutter !
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Don't really see a hooligan culture replicating the UKs of the 70/80s being a realistic prospect in America.
    Away days in the states would involve a little bit more time and money compared to jumping on a train in say Leeds for a scrap at Derby or Sunderland.

They want to replicate the fashion and culture. Fuse Stone Island into the 'barra brava' of South America with the classic American tailgate scene.

Hooliganism anywhere imo is quite sad and pathetic.

Plonker?
    Thats more Green Street language than Edina Street
    The eejit did these daft films a few years ago.
    He once pledged to come to Scotland and wished to join the zombies casuals
    Their forum had a similar reaction as here.
    Told him no thanks ,we have enough home-grown bams.
    Miami?
    Plenty competition down there if he wants a gang street fight !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 27-05-2022 at 10:19 AM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    3 minutes of my life I’m not getting back. What a Rod Laver.

It's like he's been studying Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage for years!!

I remember a part of the baby crew, five of them, attacking a couple just outside Lloyds One Bar, years back. Jumping up an down on the female who they had floored. Nothing big or funny about that. As has been said though they kept the trouble away from the stadium, but unfortunately that wasn't all that was needed to keep fans safe, as just the sight of a Hibs scarf was enough for some crews to attack the wearer, thinking of examples of Aberdeen's behaviour.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I remember a part of the baby crew, five of them, attacking a couple just outside Lloyds One Bar, years back. Jumping up an down on the female who they had floored. Nothing big or funny about that. As has been said though they kept the trouble away from the stadium, but unfortunately that wasn't all that was needed to keep fans safe, as just the sight of a Hibs scarf was enough for some crews to attack the wearer, thinking of examples of Aberdeen's behaviour.
    they were all a bunch of cowards who brought nothing but shame on the clubs and real fans just a bunch of failed footballers trying to stay relevant lol

There must be one or two ex CCS on here. Do you look back fondly at the violence or are you thoroughly ashamed?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    There must be one or two ex CCS on here. Do you look back fondly at the violence or are you thoroughly ashamed?
    A relative of mine was CCS for a big chunk of its life, he looks back on it fondly. No shortage of stories either.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I used to sit next to one of the leaders, and you couldn't have met a more sociable guy. The casuals are a thing of the past, but it should be owed they were created as a response to the behaviour of fans from other teams. Not trying to make an e case for them, it's just there's a lot of youngsters on here who might not know what the casuals were really all about.

I was never in the CCS, but i would have been in my early 30s when they kinda started up.
    Initially they were accepted by the fans.I guess that went on for many years.
    Back before that, violence in and around grounds,and guys my age will recall it,could be real bad.
    Buses getting attacked at ground car parks and surrounding streets.
    Small groups getting ambushed,and suffering some bad doings.Hospital visits,too.

Following Hibs away before these casual groups appeared could be a rotten day out.
    Kilmarnock,Dundee and Airdrie stick out as ones that could guarantee bother.
    And of course Ibrox/Hampden
    The 3 Scottish Cup final games of 1979 among the worst facing oldco.
    Yes we defended our corner at away games,but when vastly outnumbered it wisnae easy.

On the CCS.
    Slightly knew a few of the original guys back in the day,in pubs etc.
    One had a son who played in same football team as my grandson.
    Gave us a lift to games now and again.
    He didnt glorify his involvement .Just a day out with his mates !!
    More did very well in helping others.
    So whatever views people have on them nowadays.
    The CCS back then certainly lessened the chances of other fans getting ambushed/attacked.
    Just my thoughts on all those years ago.

Street cameras everywhere now.... so CCS and CCTV dont go !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 27-05-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryPloughHSC View Post
    still no sure if hes a parody or not its all very embarrassing all the same as is the casual culture in general
    There appears to be two sides to him. There appears to be Delboy D from Diablo TV, and then there appears to be Derek Alvarez, a quite dark and sinister character that has spent much of his younger years in and out of prison for fighting Neo-Nazis, punk rockers, and skinheads, for Antifa.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I was never in the CCS, but i would have been in my early 30s when they kinda started up.
    Back before that, violence in and around grounds,and guys my age will recall it,could be real bad.
    Small groups getting ambushed,and suffering some bad doings.Hospital visits,too.

Following Hibs away before these casual groups appeared could be a rotten day out.
    Yes we defended our corner at away games,but when vastly outnumbered it wisnae easy.

On the CCS.
    The CCS back then certainly lessened the chances of other fans getting ambushed/attacked.

I know what you mean Mick, CCS kept a lot of s hit away from the "scarfs", us ordinary supporters. Especially der hun at and around Ipox/hampden, I wont be knocking these boys given some of the s hit we encountered before they established.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    There appears to be two sides to him. There appears to be Delboy D from Diablo TV, and then there appears to be Derek Alvarez, a quite dark and sinister character that has spent much of his younger years in and out of prison for fighting Neo-Nazis, punk rockers, and skinheads, for Antifa.

aye hes certainly a massive roaster pal that there is no doubt

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post

On the CCS.

ma auld man told me about his experiences through in govan in the early 70s mick, yi hud to hide your colours from they smelly barstewards