hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ross Stewart

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

Ross Stewart

Had an excellent season for Sunderland, could he do a job for the Scotland national team? Be good to have another decent option up front.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nah.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah.
    Not seen a lot of him , just heard that kevin phillips saying he is excellent the other night and he scored again at wembley in play off final.. Hadnt heatd of him before to be honest

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Scored against us a couple of times for Ross County was a handful but you are talking Scotland we are heading for the World Cup we will be dining at the top table we need better than League One 😀

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Scored against us a couple of times for Ross County was a handful but you are talking Scotland we are heading for the World Cup we will be dining at the top table we need better than League One 😀
    I honestly cant remember him playing in Scottish football. He will be playing championship next season though , if he does well next season at that level then possibly be in and around the national team squad

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I think he’ll struggle next season for Sunderland. Boys had a good season, but unless he’s improved massively from when he was at Ross County, then he’s no going to be playing for Scotland.

Let’s not get carried away with how he’s done in League One. Cole “the goal” Stockton scored 3 less than him in 5 less games this season, in a much worse team. That leagues no up to much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    I honestly cant remember him playing in Scottish football. He will be playing championship next season though , if he does well next season at that level then possibly be in and around the national team squad

I'm pretty sure he was called up already for last squad. Personally I think he's way below international class but we're not exactly spoiled for choice.

Don’t think he’s any worse than Lyndon Dykes personally so hopefully he kicks on in the championship next season and he gives us another option.

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Living down here now. Wycombe are my local team and I was at Wembley yesterday. Stewart scored a good goal but if truth be told he was given too much time by Wycombe to pick his spot. He won’t get this time at Championship or International level. So I would hold fire a bit and see what he does next season.

Testimonial Due
    Dunno much about him, but sure I saw he'd been linked with Rangers recently, decent chance all agent talk though

From a Scotland point of view though we are reliant on Adams for the play offs and Ireland game, ones against Armenia others can be given a chance

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Don’t think he’s any worse than Lyndon Dykes personally so hopefully he kicks on in the championship next season and he gives us another option.
    I don't think he's any worse than Lyndon Dykes but many times better than Kevin Nisbet.

He's not at Che Adams' level (who I think is now looking good at international level) but he's definitely worthy of a place in the squad.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season. He's an awkward customer but might not be so able to knock defenders around when he steps up a level.

I like him and think he's a very good player but he's been linked with Rangers so I reserve the right to revise my opinion to "prick, and pish" if he joins them.
    Last edited by Smartie; 22-05-2022 at 08:25 PM.

I think that Scotlands options in that department arent the greatest in all honesty. You never know , he may do well next season in the championship. Alternatively , he could be rubbish at that level and spend the season on loan at Hibs 😂
    Last edited by Leith Green; 22-05-2022 at 08:27 PM.

I’d have him in the squad ahead of Brown that’s at Stoke. If Nisbet was fit I think he’d be in the squad ahead of Stewart

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    He has done amazing for Sunderland and deserves a call up but maybe not for the Ukraine match. Would be good to see him appear in a friendly

Left by mutual consent!
    I wonder how close we were to signing him? I was totally underwhelmed when we were linked as I can barely remember him for county aside from that night in Dingwall he scored a brace I think? Shows what I know. He looks a decent prospect in League 1. He didn't score many in Scotland however.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    He has done amazing for Sunderland and deserves a call up but maybe not for the Ukraine match. Would be good to see him appear in a friendly
    No friendlies any more. Would have to be Nations League.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    No friendlies any more. Would have to be Nations League.
    We just played two friendlies with Poland and Austria, but we know what you mean... Four or five games coming up in June, so there will be plenty of chances to test the squad depth.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    We just played two friendlies with Poland and Austria, but we know what you mean... Four or five games coming up in June, so there will be plenty of chances to test the squad depth.
    True, but that was only because the Ukraine game was moved. There are no spaces for friendlies in the international calendar any more.

Sorry if posted I think we were interested when Oli Shaw went to County

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    26 goals in 49 league games is pretty damn good even for League One, and especially for a young (ish) Scottish striker. I'd definitely have him in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    26 goals in 49 league games is pretty damn good even for League One, and especially for a young (ish) Scottish striker. I'd definitely have him in the squad.
    There's quite a bit more to him than goals as well, he's not just a poacher who gets millions of chances and scores a few.

Holds the ball up and links play well, competes for everything with defenders aerially, chases them down when not in possession.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    In the scotland squad

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He like a Scottish Christian Doidge. He’s a decent player/scorer not afraid of a bit graft. I like him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Starryplough75
    it shows you how overrated league 1 is if he is running riot lol the defending for his goal against wycombe was mls level

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    The Rangers are interested in signing him

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    The Rangers are interested in signing him
    They’d be better off trying to get the boy Simms who was at Hearts from Everton.

Far better player than Ross Stewart.