hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some replies on that, “even the buses are maroon”, em…why would someone boast or think that it’s something they have over their rivals, the colour of their strip was an accident ffs 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

Proper respect for Porto, too.

Great show (as I've said a few times already on this thread!)

And I thought some folk on here were harsh about the show 😂

For all their acting like what he said is irrelevant, they seem to care a little.

If you can't laugh at your rivals chucking a league and cup in the space of a week, when you can you laugh? Does it matter if he wasn't born then?

Thin skinned bunch.

I've never understood people who revert to 10 year old schoolboys when discussing their team; 'my teams the bestest na na na na na'. Hibs have verged from mediocre to crap for most of my life, the glory such as it is has been pretty fleeting. I'll say that and be a bit self deprecating about it, I don't follow Hibs expecting trophy after trophy. When it comes to rival fans I'll take it back because I give it out.

I tend to find because I don't really react to the 5-1 stuff or whatever that people just tend to give up on it. They want the 'I'm not bothered about it honest' reaction before a tirade that says otherwise gets thrown back. When it doesn't happen those fishing for a reaction just get bored, deep down they know it means more to them than it does to me. Same as 7-0 meant more to us than them for all those years.

A thread like that on Kickback is just a green light for more of the same in future. It got a reaction so it's worth repeating.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Thin skinned bunch.

I've never understood people who revert to 10 year old schoolboys when discussing their team; 'my teams the bestest na na na na na'. Hibs have verged from mediocre to crap for most of my life, the glory such as it is has been pretty fleeting. I'll say that and be a bit self deprecating about it, I don't follow Hibs expecting trophy after trophy. When it comes to rival fans I'll take it back because I give it out.

I tend to find because I don't really react to the 5-1 stuff or whatever that people just tend to give up on it. They want the 'I'm not bothered about it honest' reaction before a tirade that says otherwise gets thrown back. When it doesn't happen those fishing for a reaction just get bored, deep down they know it means more to them than it does to me. Same as 7-0 meant more to us than them for all those years.

A thread like that on Kickback is just a green light for more of the same in future. It got a reaction so it's worth repeating.
    I agree.

In my experience Hibs fans are better at the self deprecating bit. Hibs have been quite ***** most of my life so it’s not something I’m precious about. Even when Hearts got relegated, if you said they were ***** they would start coming back with hugely irrelevant stuff about big teams, 5-1 bla bla bla rather than just admitting they were gash and laughing about the crap players they have.

I certainly don’t know of any Hibs fan who is bothered in the slightest about the whole 5-1 thing either, when you see a Hearts fan doing it though it’s an absolute stick on that they’re a complete dingal though 😂

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    That segment was magnificent, not sure why the kickback idiots are moaning when they have been revelling in taking 5-1 pictures in Italy.

It's called rivalry lads......

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Pa’s free kick? 😂

Segment on Josh Campbell made him look like Denis Bergkamp

Normal service has been resumed

Worth a watch

Hearts getting horsed by Dundee and Aberdeen in ‘86

“ It’s football It’s meant to be a laugh”

Hibby on the panel
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 19-10-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Watching the film about the blind Celtic fans and the guy doing the commentary. I used to sit in the old North stand next to the blind hibs fans and their commentator in the 1970s. Their seats were painted white. The guy who did the commentary was absolutely brilliant,better than what was on the TV and Radio at the time.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Nice wee tribute to Ron Gordon from the guys on last night’s show

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Watching the film about the blind Celtic fans and the guy doing the commentary. I used to sit in the old North stand next to the blind hibs fans and their commentator in the 1970s. Their seats were painted white. The guy who did the commentary was absolutely brilliant,better than what was on the TV and Radio at the time.
    My grandad did the commentary for the blind, at Easter Road, from the early 40's into to the 50's; it would have been a great time for him to be commentating on Hibs games.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

I’ve criticised this programme a lot and I still find the hosts annoying but this show was excellent tonight.

Bit about Dyce (academy?) was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’ve criticised this programme a lot and I still find the hosts annoying but this show was excellent tonight.

Bit about Dyce (academy?) was brilliant.
    I really enjoyed the Inverness section as my late grandad was a Caley man.

Although the Thistle supporters example of Hearts and Hibs was a bit odd, guessing he wasn't aware of Hands Off Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I really enjoyed the Inverness section as my late grandad was a Caley man.

Although the Thistle supporters example of Hearts and Hibs was a bit odd, guessing he wasn't aware of Hands Off Hibs!
    raw emotions though

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Pat Stanton is on tonight, talking about the 1972 League cup Final win, and his time at Hibernian

Greetin at the film this week about the Raith laddie going to his first game, and what it meant for his dad. How lucky for him to have that moment on film. Hope he sticks with Raith and that they give him much to enjoy in his decades to come.

I’ve criticised this programme a lot but IMO it was really excellent tonight. The feature on the Spartans ultras was brilliant, my 10 year old is desperate for that kind of engagement so was easy to relate to.

I also think there’s been a shift in it this series with the Stenhousemuir fan taking more of a lead role and is slowing things down a bit.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I’ve criticised this programme a lot but IMO it was really excellent tonight. The feature on the Spartans ultras was brilliant, my 10 year old is desperate for that kind of engagement so was easy to relate to.

I also think there’s been a shift in it this series with the Stenhousemuir fan taking more of a lead role and is slowing things down a bit.
    In fairness Telfer has always been the “host” as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Agreed, don't see any particular difference. If anything telfer has been nippier than usual!

Think it works better with rotating guests rather than having the same 3 guests of fowler, sked and mcguigan.

I like the concept and the guys who do it (regularly listen to the podcast) just don’t think the editing of the studio segments does them any favours.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I'm enjoying this series a bit more but the mandatory 2 Jambo rule is a PITA

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Has he?

I always felt it was a bit chaotic with everything happening too fast and too much going on. Last wee while it’s felt a bit like he’s got a bit more control of it. Possible he’s getting better or im just relaxing a bit more about the show.

Either way, fair play to them as I find it a much more watchable show than a year back, really quite enjoy it now. I think the Hibs fan Tony is a really good addition, in saying that I always liked the hearts **** who wasn’t on it tonight, forget his name though.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I'm enjoying this series a bit more but the mandatory 2 Jambo rule is a PITA

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
    Was there not just one jambo on it tonight?

I don’t mind the Borthwick guy, he’s pretty fair imo

Gamer IDs

Has he?

I always felt it was a bit chaotic with everything happening too fast and too much going on. Last wee while it’s felt a bit like he’s got a bit more control of it. Possible he’s getting better or im just relaxing a bit more about the show.

Either way, fair play to them as I find it a much more watchable show than a year back, really quite enjoy it now. I think the Hibs fan Tony is a really good addition, in saying that I always liked the hearts **** who wasn’t on it tonight, forget his name though.
    Joel Sked plays the caricature bad guy well. He’s exactly how I’d want a Hibs fan to be on the show
    They’re just fans at the end of the day.

Gamer IDs

Was there not just one jambo on it tonight?

I don’t mind the Borthwick guy, he’s pretty fair imo
    Aye just one Jambo tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    I like the concept and the guys who do it (regularly listen to the podcast) just don’t think the editing of the studio segments does them any favours.

If you haven't signed up to the patreon I recommend it (the discord is fun too)

Has he?

Possibly Craig Fowler you're thinking of, he's the one that started the podcast whilst at uni. He and Tony are childhood friends

Sure I heard that one of the producers is a big Hibee.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post

Yeah I don't think the TV show captures the alchemy of the podcasts tbh - perhaps a tad sanitised and neutered. Still a million times better than the tired old guff we're fed elsewhere. These guys actually care about the game and I'd wager even the jambos have better researched and thought through views on Hibs than the lazy (for the most part) presenters and pundits they wheel out on Sportsound/PLZ etc.

Also, the short films they do are just excellent and again really show up how poorly served we otherwise are up here when there are so many interesting/funny/moving tales to tell outside of the OF bubble about the mad game we love.

I wasn't keen when it first started on TV but it's grown on me.

It's a bunch of guys who are clearly passionate about Scottish football and their respective clubs. I really don't care if that's Hearts for a few of them. There is a bit of playing the pantomime villain or caricature going on but for the most part they are well informed and give airtime to stories that are largely ignored by the likes of Sportsound and Sky Sports. I'd rather have a couple of enthusiastic Hearts fans than another show featuring has beens like Miller and Bonner and roasters like Boyd.

The BBC actually produces some really good stuff on Scottish football. The Alba documentaries have all been excellent and A View From The Terrace goes from strength to strength. It's a shame the more prominent broadcasts are so focussed on indulging 2 fanbases that everything else is an inconvenient sideshow.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Got to admit I've never watched it