hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

(NHC) Ten Hag to Man U

One less for big Ron's shortlist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61079115

Edit: It does mean Ralf Rangnick is available!
    Last edited by GloryGlory; 21-04-2022 at 10:21 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Massive job for Ten Hag to put things right. As a United fan, I hope he's been given assurances that he will be allowed to make huge changes both on the pitch and behind the scenes. The club is a shambles, from the owners down. Root and branch change is needed; there is huge responsibility ahead.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Massive job for Ten Hag to put things right. As a United fan, I hope he's been given assurances that he will be allowed to make huge changes both on the pitch and behind the scenes. The club is a shambles, from the owners down. Root and branch change is needed; there is huge responsibility ahead.
    Terminating the contract of Harry Maguire for gross incompetence would be a good start 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Terminating the contract of Harry Maguire for gross incompetence would be a good start ��
    Aye, I can't believe he will survive the cull. Just sell him and cut their losses, taking whatever they can for him. There are at least a dozen players who need moving on. It's a huge task ahead of Ten Hag.

I see a bomb threat has been sent to Maguire's hoose. It wisnae me.

Seriously, though, what is wrong with some people.

Aye, I can't believe he will survive the cull. Just sell him and cut their losses, taking whatever they can for him. There are at least a dozen players who need moving on. It's a huge task ahead of Ten Hag.

The thing with Maguire is that someone would need to pick up his wages. He's on a reported £190k per week, can't see many teams paying that and he is contracted at Utd for a further 3 years.

Is that right? God, I saw something about Maguire and bomb scare but didn't think it was literally a bomb threat.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Is that right? God, I saw something about Maguire and bomb scare but didn't think it was literally a bomb threat.
    Aye, police involved. The guy has a young family, it's outrageous.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What has Maguire done to deserve that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What has Maguire done to deserve that?
    Nothing. He's an horrendous player, but that's it. He gave an interview this week which wound fans up, but come on, bomb threats!

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    One less for big Ron's shortlist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61079115

Edit: It does mean Ralf Rangnick is available!
    He’s got two more years as a consultant at Old Trafford. A colossal waste of money. Don’t see what his reputation is based on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Was this not a description of his last performance? In all seriousness, some people really lose the run of themselves over supporting their team. Shocking stuff

@hibs.net private member
    Poundland Pep

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    It’ll be a huge job to even make them vaguely relevant again, never mind challenging city or liverpool. That club is a mess

Those saying maguire is horrendous dont watch him for England. He's definitely not horrendous.

It's all relative when it comes to Maguire. For instance if he played in Scotland he'd be the best defender in the country by an absolute mile.

The fact is he plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world and cost 80 million so people expect him to the the standard of Ramos or Pique, when he clearly isn't at that level.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Those saying maguire is horrendous dont watch him for England. He's definitely not horrendous.
    Absolutely, he’s a very good player who has become a victim of a relentless campaign on social media ridiculing him for every little mistake. The guy is a rock for England and the bile towards him is unjustified.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Absolutely, he’s a very good player who has become a victim of a relentless campaign on social media ridiculing him for every little mistake. The guy is a rock for England and the bile towards him is unjustified.
    When a defense is left exposed as often as the United one is, he's bound to crack. With England, he's surrounded by a robust midfield and fellow quality defenders - neither of which Man United can boast - they have good players in midfield/defense, don't get me wrong, but as a team unit they're awful. You could put an at their peak Paolo Maldini or Carlos Puyol in that Man Utd defense right now and they'd look poor.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I watch him for United most games and he is horrendous: slow, positionally poor, indecisive and error prone. Ask any United fan who watches him regularly for an honest opinion. He's an embarrassment to a club of the stature of Manchester United, but he isn't the only one. I don't care what he does for England. As captain it seems he can't be dropped, but he is terrible and is hated by the fans. That said, he isn't deliberately trying to be inept, and bomb threats are just crazy.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 22-04-2022 at 03:20 PM.

You're a Liverpool fans and want him to keep playing for United . I can't see Klopp making an offer for him.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 22-04-2022 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    You're a Liverpool fans and want him to keep playing for United . I can't see Klopp making an offer for him.
    I just can’t stand the campaign against him, especially as it has now escalated to bomb threats.

I just can’t stand the campaign against him, especially as it has now escalated to bomb threats.
    Agreed, it's ridiculous. He needs a fresh start, there his no way back for him with the United fans; his awful performances and cocky attitude have ended him. If United can get some money back and move him on, even if they have to still pay part of wages, it would be best for everyone. It's all gotten very toxic, but threats to his life are outrageous.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He is not a very good defender, this has been shown, but for the guy to be sent death threats is absolutely mental

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    He's not all that good but it's not his fault that they paid 80m for him. Imagine how sad and inadequate you have to be to send bomb threats to a footballer. Hope they catch whoever it was and he gets done for it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    He's not all that good but it's not his fault that they paid 80m for him. Imagine how sad and inadequate you have to be to send bomb threats to a footballer. Hope they catch whoever it was and he gets done for it
    Thugs actually robbed Pogba’s house a few weeks ago whilst his children were in the house and I really don’t think it had the same coverage/reaction as this apparent bomb threat of Maguire’s. Serious amount of xenophobia from the English media imo.

I watch him for United most games and he is horrendous: slow, positionally poor, indecisive and error prone. Ask any United fan who watches him regularly for an honest opinion. He's an embarrassment to a club of the stature of Manchester United, but he isn't the only one. I don't care what he does for England. As captain it seems he can't be dropped, but he is terrible and is hated by the fans. That said, he isn't deliberately trying to be inept, and bomb threats are just crazy.
    The internet is mental. If he's "horrendous" and an "embarrassment" then how would you describe Porteous?

I went to Man U v Leicester a few weeks ago - I thought he was Man Utds best player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    The internet is mental. If he's "horrendous" and an "embarrassment" then how would you describe Porteous?

I went to Man U v Leicester a few weeks ago - I thought he was Man Utds best player.
    It’s just the usual exaggeration from people making points on social media. Maguire has lost a bit of form, so has most of their HP team…but he remains England first pick CH and captain…you don’t get to that level unless you are a very good player…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That isn't a comparison. Playing for and captaining Manchester United is a different standard to playing for Hibs; it's chalk and cheese. Porteous is a better fit for Hibs than Maguire is for Man United. At that level he is horrendous, as his performances have shown. It's difficult to overestimate how disgraceful his performances have been this season. There is no way back for him with the fans.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 22-04-2022 at 05:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Not quite sure how you can compare the 2, maguire was bought for £80m and has continually been rubbish(he will have the odd good game as most players do), porteous cost us hee haw and has been no where near as bad for us. There is a reason there are numerous memes about HM

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    Not quite sure how you can compare the 2, maguire was bought for £80m and has continually been rubbish(he will have the odd good game as most players do), porteous cost us hee haw and has been no where near as bad for us. There is a reason there are numerous memes about HM
    Turns like an oil tanker; constantly out of position; slower than a week in Strangeways; can't play offside; beaten for easy headers; doesn't take responsibility. It just goes on and on. I do feel him because he's like a lost schoolboy, but it's pathetic.

Turns like an oil tanker; constantly out of position; slower than a week in Strangeways; can't play offside; beaten for easy headers; doesn't take responsibility. It just goes on and on. I do feel him because he's like a lost schoolboy, but it's pathetic.

Some horrendous defending there.