hibs.net Messageboard

are hibs losing their identity

Dempster left ,lots of others of long service behind the scenes now gone,
    is this new broom running the club the way the FANS want?
    Summer lack of sensible signings were first concern when it was obvious what we required.
    Sacking J R before vital game came under lots of criticism
    Now we see new players bought buy a committee type arrangement.
    This season has been terrible, the team lacks muscle and far too many similar players on the books.
    A new manager who is inexperienced ..is that what Hibs a top team required?
    Plenty issues to think on,but above all else IT IS THE RESULTS that matter..bottom line ,and there we have failed time and time again.While we did finally try to win on Saturday we hardly tested GORDON on goals more than a couple of times...
    I really hope this new Hibernian Management structure learns and fast about what Hibs are all about ..passion and flair every time no matter who we play.
    no use trying to play fancy football with the players we have either change the style or have a clear out .
    I will be back but expect far better than this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Most, if not all your points have been discussed ad nauseam on here

As long as there are Hibernian supporters

Hibernian will always have an identity

Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 17-04-2022 at 07:47 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Depends what you mean by identity but I'd say no.

We had an identity before Dempster and will continue to do so now she is gone.

Inexperienced manager? Irrelevant, an inexperienced manager won us the SC while an experienced one took us down a few seasons before.

We're entering(entered) a new era but I don't think we've lost our identity.

No, we’re just not very good right now.

To me it really is as simple as that, it’s an if and a big one but if we sign a couple of good players in the summer that make a difference and we improve it will be purely down to exactly that and then confidence is grown and other players start playing better.

Earlier in the season we were flying and after 8 games went to Ibrox went if we won we would have went top of the league. Fast forward a couple of months and we don’t have an identity? Not for me.

I’ve never found the need to want to hear from the owner/ceo when we lose, question why they bought the club etc etc. Just do the job and don’t waste time telling us how they will do it, they’ve already said what they want and why they hired Maloney so if that’s the case nothing will massively have changed.

We need quality players.

What’s changed with Hearts? They’ve signed quality in the past 2 years with Mckay, Gordon, Kingsley, Boyce, Devlin, Baningme etc etc. Have they changed their identity? No, instead of buying rubbish players they’ve signed good ones. We can speak about players ‘getting’ clubs etc but 9/10 these players are the better ones who the fans like because of their quality or they’re a bit mental

Get the recruitment right and the rest will follow. We will then go completely over the top where in reality we’ll only ever be a couple of games away from wanting the manager sacked again.
    Last edited by Unseen work; 17-04-2022 at 07:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Just in case anyone is taken in by the OP - dont, he has form for this type of post.

Went missing a bit after the "8 games to go, off you pop to the Championship" stuff a couple years back, funny that.......................

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just in case anyone is taken in by the OP - dont, he has form for this type of post.

Went missing a bit after the "8 games to go, off you pop to the Championship" stuff a couple years back, funny that.......................

i had a hunch it was a bit of........

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Many years and few posts are always the giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    No, we’re just not very good right now.

To me it really is as simple as that, it’s an if and a big one but if we sign a couple of good players in the summer that make a difference and we improve it will be purely down to exactly that and then confidence is grown and other players start playing better.

Earlier in the season we were flying and after 8 games went to Ibrox went if we won we would have went top of the league. Fast forward a couple of months and we don’t have an identity? Not for me.

I’ve never found the need to want to hear from the owner/ceo when we lose, question why they bought the club etc etc. Just do the job and don’t waste time telling us how they will do it, they’ve already said what they want and why they hired Maloney so if that’s the case nothing will massively have changed.

We need quality players.

What’s changed with Hearts? They’ve signed quality in the past 2 years with Mckay, Gordon, Kingsley, Boyce, Devlin, Baningme etc etc. Have they changed their identity? No, instead of buying rubbish players they’ve signed good ones. We can speak about players ‘getting’ clubs etc but 9/10 these players are the better ones who the fans like because of their quality or they’re a bit mental

Get the recruitment right and the rest will follow. We will then go completely over the top where in reality we’ll only ever be a couple of games away from wanting the manager sacked again.
    Agree entirely though not sure identity thing refers to players though in general if team is doing well fans won`t worry about owners , manager , catering etc . Recruitment is fundamental but also far from easy , Players that are good by Scottish standards have often failed at a higher level or had injury problems . If not , they`re unlikely for financial reasons to want to play for any club in Scotland outside Glasgow at least . 5 of the 6 Hearts players you mention played yesterday but only Gordon with one crucial save and maybe Kingsley cause of goal really stood out as being better than our players . Gordon is about 40 , Kingsley was signed after an injury problem so was a risk . Hearts will have spent a lot by non OF Scottish standards for these players and Savage`s wages and expenses . So far it`s money very well spent but they have been fortunate to have a good year after many mediocre ones when no other non OF team has had a good one ( usually at least 1 of Aberdeen , us ,Dundee Utd, Killie like in 2018 or Motherwell exceed expectations ) . They could have spent all the money on signings and Savage , finished 4th in the league and lost to Livi on penalties .

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Most, if not all your points have been discussed ad nauseam on here

As long as there are Hibernian supporters

Hibernian will always have an identity

This in spades. The identity of every club centres around it's supporters, they are the one constant, owners come and go, managers come and go, players come and go, but the fans are always there.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Dempster left ,lots of others of long service behind the scenes now gone,
    is this new broom running the club the way the FANS want?
    Summer lack of sensible signings were first concern when it was obvious what we required.
    Sacking J R before vital game came under lots of criticism
    Now we see new players bought buy a committee type arrangement.
    This season has been terrible, the team lacks muscle and far too many similar players on the books.
    A new manager who is inexperienced ..is that what Hibs a top team required?
    Plenty issues to think on,but above all else IT IS THE RESULTS that matter..bottom line ,and there we have failed time and time again.While we did finally try to win on Saturday we hardly tested GORDON on goals more than a couple of times...
    I really hope this new Hibernian Management structure learns and fast about what Hibs are all about ..passion and flair every time no matter who we play.
    no use trying to play fancy football with the players we have either change the style or have a clear out .
    I will be back but expect far better than this.
    Since you started the thread… what is Hibs identity in your opinion? You’ve highlighted in capital letters that it is the results that matter, then go on to say it is “passion and flair” that matters