hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt there was a Hibs fan there yesterday who didn't turn up expecting us to lose given how the last 3 months have gone, to be fair to the players they put up far more of a fight than I expected, especially with 10 men, in all honesty at times you would have thought Hearts were the team a man down.

But as others have alluded to, if you want to win stuff no amount of 'pride in defeat' puts silverware in the trophy cabinet and the fact is it was just another Hampden let down to add to the too many others that have gone before. Getting to semi finals and finals isn't success if you continually lose them and we lose far too many, it also can't be stressed enough that at this point Hibernian FC owes its supporters a massive apology and a massive result somewhere down the line, sooner rather than later.

No Hibs manager should ever find a positive in defeat to Hearts, all that matters in cup matches is the result, all the more so when your opponent is your derby rival. It's getting to the stage where Hibs fans are finding it harder and harder to accept or forgive this ever growing list of defeats to Hearts in big games and that was reflected in the turnout yesterday, with yet another outcome that enabled those who deserted their club for such a huge game to say 'see bloody told you so'

So yeh, in the end it doesn't matter a stuff how much of a fist Hibs made of it or how much better our fans were than theirs, the bottom line is that yet again we lost, yet again Hibs let the fans who did stick with them down ....... it has to stop because in all honesty folk are getting sick of hearing about new attitudes at the club and how it's going to turn all this around, it seems the more things change the more they stay the same at this club and increasingly it makes meaningless pish like 'this is our city' coming from the club look like a bad bloody joke and worse than that a joke at the expense of its own supporters.
    I didn’t turn up expecting us to lose.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Effort is the least we should expect from anyone that pulls on the shirt. I find it hard to take any solace from the fact we competed well. We should.

We did nothing that surprised them and never threatened to deliver an unexpected win.

So in the end it is just another defeat. Another missed opportunity.
    This is exactly how I feel. The fact people are taking some sort of solace in we tried hard is grim. That’s the basics we can expect. Passages of play in the final third were next to non existent. I’m struggling to see any progress from maloney after nearly half a seasons worth of games.

All this proud of the players is BS. They lost twice in a week to thier major rivals on the back of ending up in the bottom 6. Yesterday’s loss basically gave our rivals 3mill. It was a ***in disaster and if they walked out of that stadium with words of praise from their manger then we are doomed. they met the bare minimum expected yesterday nothing more.
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 17-04-2022 at 04:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Subs as well. Far too late getting them on yesterday again.

I think that just showed up his lack of experience once again Coco, cant see why we would keep him but again, we cant afford to keep binning managers.

Correct decision to bin Ross, bad decision to appoint Maloney.

SM is clinging on to his job. To me it was like a Dunkirk moment yesterday

He ****s up the bottom 6 pish then that will be that me thinks

Glad to be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I didn’t turn up expecting us to lose.
    Aye keep taking the drugs mate. Our Hampden aggregat score against them was 2-11 after 3 games. It's now 3- 13 after 4.
    What would possibly make you think we would win?

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    I doubt there was a Hibs fan there yesterday who didn't turn up expecting us to lose given how the last 3 months have gone, to be fair to the players they put up far more of a fight than I expected, especially with 10 men, in all honesty at times you would have thought Hearts were the team a man down.

But as others have alluded to, if you want to win stuff no amount of 'pride in defeat' puts silverware in the trophy cabinet and the fact is it was just another Hampden let down to add to the too many others that have gone before. Getting to semi finals and finals isn't success if you continually lose them and we lose far too many, it also can't be stressed enough that at this point Hibernian FC owes its supporters a massive apology and a massive result somewhere down the line, sooner rather than later.

No Hibs manager should ever find a positive in defeat to Hearts, all that matters in cup matches is the result, all the more so when your opponent is your derby rival. It's getting to the stage where Hibs fans are finding it harder and harder to accept or forgive this ever growing list of defeats to Hearts in big games and that was reflected in the turnout yesterday, with yet another outcome that enabled those who deserted their club for such a huge game to say 'see bloody told you so'

So yeh, in the end it doesn't matter a stuff how much of a fist Hibs made of it or how much better our fans were than theirs, the bottom line is that yet again we lost, yet again Hibs let the fans who did stick with them down ....... it has to stop because in all honesty folk are getting sick of hearing about new attitudes at the club and how it's going to turn all this around, it seems the more things change the more they stay the same at this club and increasingly it makes meaningless pish like 'this is our city' coming from the club look like a bad bloody joke and worse than that a joke at the expense of its own supporters.

Spot on NN, this love in with the team cos they tried is a complete loser mentality.

I was no fan of Ross as he made some mess of the team before he was binned but the decision making from the club since then has been appalling.

Season ticket sales will let the board know just how much they got it wrong. Fans have once again been taken for a ride on promises of better to come.

This season has been a complete f uc k up.

Quote Originally Posted by StockholmHibs View Post
    Aye keep taking the drugs mate. Our Hampden aggregat score against them was 2-11 after 3 games. It's now 3- 13 after 4.
    Almost all the total is based on matches 16 and 10 years ago . We`ve knocked them out the SC 3 times in the last 10 years .

Good post.

Many fans have a tipping point - that includes many die hards.

If they don’t see anything positive or action from the club they will vote with their feet not attending / buying tickets.

Will we hear anything from the club this week? Or will it just be business as usual and see how Maloney does against the other bottom 6 teams. 4 out of 5 teams he hasn’t beaten yet. Aberdeen win was one of Glass last games.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Almost all the total is based on matches 16 and 10 years ago . We`ve knocked them out the SC 3 times in the last 10 years .
    Yes true, but even our current form would suggest we would lose that game.

What kind of drugs are folk taking if they went to Hampden and payed 30 odd quid if they expected Hibs to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Good post.

Many fans have a tipping point - that includes many die hards.

If they don’t see anything positive or action from the club they will vote with their feet not attending / buying tickets.

Will we hear anything from the club this week? Or will it just be business as usual and see how Maloney does against the other bottom 6 teams. 4 out of 5 teams he hasn’t beaten yet. Aberdeen win was one of Glass last games.
    I don’t think Maloney is going to get the sack just now so I don’t think we’ll hear anything from the club until such time as we’re mathematically safe from the possibility of being dragged towards the playoff spot. Either that, or once the season is finished. Gordon and/or Kensell are going to need to come out and give clarity after that though. If they do intend to stick with him they’ll need to explain why because it’s not going to be a particularly popular decision.

What kind of drugs are folk taking if they went to Hampden and payed 30 odd quid if they expected Hibs to lose?
    Stockholm Syndrome? 👀😂

So were you at Hampden then?
    If so did you expect the team to win?

Expecting hibs to lose has never stopped me from buying a ticket.

I’m over it and got over it unusually quickly yesterday. Not expecting a great deal before hand certainly helped with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s obviously not as black and white as saying you either expect to win or not.

It’s a game of football and nothing is ever as certain as expectation.

I was at Hampden, and I was also at Tynecastle the week before. I didn’t expect to win both games but thought we could win both. Despite the bad run and bad performance the previous week I hoped we could see a response and thought we would rally and win the tie.

Wasn’t to be, but if I genuinely didn’t think we would win I would have stayed at home, not even watch the thing on TV and went for a walk with my kids or something else.

If it’s expectation you want to pin the argument down on, I’ve supported Hibs long enough to learn to expect the unexpected when it comes to anything Hibs!

I was at Hampden, paid £35 and thought we'd win. Your comment to Carheenlea, about taking the drugs was in poor taste, apology required I think. Some of us did think we'd win, hardly the surprise it sounds, is it?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Expecting hibs to lose has never stopped me from buying a ticket.
    Do you listen to The Smiths on the car stereo on the way through to those games?

The same thing that makes any fan back their team in a game they think it will lose, the hope that it will buck the odds and pull off a surprise. The other thing being a passion for their team that means they feel they should be there to back it even if it looks like being in a losing cause.

Is this where we are now in the world of football? A world where the time honoured marks of the good supporter like loyalty to 'your club' and sticking with it even in the worst of times have been replaced with derision even from fellow supporters if you suggest the fact that you claim to support a club should be reason enough to back it from the stands.
    That the many many people like me who turned up at Hampden yesterday with little confidence that the team could win aren't good supporters worthy of respect for sticking by their club, but mugs who could have spent their £30 on a month pass for SKY sports where they could have watched any number of teams who win practically every game they play in from the comfort of their living room.

No wonder we now have owners, CEOs and club directors referring to fans as 'customers' a term that not too long ago would have filled any football supporter with rage, when we have supposed fans of the game who apparently agree that the only reason for sticking by a club is if the product on the park is to your satisfaction as if their club was a bloomin' supermarket chain or made cheese crackers.

It's the very fact that fans have never seen their clubs as simply another form of entertainment like the cinema or theatre but rather something to stick with through thick and thin, and even see themselves as part of, that has enabled club after club to survive the last hundred years or so to still be for want of a better word 'trading' when any other business simply relying on 'customers' would have folded years ago.

That mate is why folk who thought Hibs were long odds yesterday still paid £30 to go and 'support' them and those that did made a bloody fine job of it.

The same thing that makes any fan back their team in a game they think it will lose, the hope that it will buck the odds and pull off a surprise. The other thing being a passion for their team that means they feel they should be there to back it even if it looks like being in a losing cause.

Is this where we are now in the world of football? A world where the time honoured marks of the good supporter like loyalty to 'your club' and sticking with it even in the worst of times have been replaced with derision even from fellow supporters if you suggest the fact that you claim to support a club should be reason enough to back it from the stands.
    That the many many people like me who turned up at Hampden yesterday with little confidence that the team could win aren't good supporters worthy of respect for sticking by their club, but mugs who could have spent their £30 on a month pass for SKY sports where they could have watched any number of teams who win practically every game they play in from the comfort of their living room.

No wonder we now have owners, CEOs and club directors referring to fans as 'customers' a term that not too long ago would have filled any football supporter with rage, when we have supposed fans of the game who apparently agree that the only reason for sticking by a club is if the product on the park is to your satisfaction as if their club was a bloomin' supermarket chain or made cheese crackers.

It's the very fact that fans have never seen their clubs as simply another form of entertainment like the cinema or theatre but rather something to stick with through thick and thin, and even see themselves as part of, that has enabled club after club to survive the last hundred years or so to still be for want of a better word 'trading' when any other business simply relying on 'customers' would have folded years ago.

That mate is why folk who thought Hibs were long odds yesterday still paid £30 to go and 'support' them and those that did made a bloody fine job of it.
    Your overthinking it a bit here are you not! You thought we’d lose, I thought we’d win. You were right I was wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was a lot more disappointed and annoyed when we lost to them in the semi final last time round. Gutted we don’t have another final to look forward to but we go again next season. Excited for a bit of a rebuild this summer.

Do you listen to The Smiths on the car stereo on the way through to those games?
    Sadly i don't get to so many games given my location. It's the Ipad these days.
    Hope you weren't offended with my comments.? Apologies.
    I'm still bitterly disappointed with recent results.

Sadly i don't get to so many games given my location. It's the Ipad these days.
    Hope you weren't offended with my comments.? Apologies.
    I'm still bitterly disappointed with recent results.
    If you can’t have a frank exchange of views on here then where can you? If you believe what you say you don’t need to apologise!

Everyone’s disappointed and trying to get over what has been a difficult 7/8days.