hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The morning after the night before

I feel worse this morning than I did yesterday on the result. I thought we put a decent effort in but on reflection another poor result at Hamden.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We just recorded Quick Bang for the podcast and I have to say the discussion was very cathartic, feel much better post conversation than i did before it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I was happy with the fight we showed. Once SM gets his summer transfer business done we will be in much better shape.

I’m genuinely looking forward to a fresh start come 9th July when the season starts.

We will be back at Hampden in due course - that is a cert.

Yesterday just summed up our season over the course of the match

Enthusiasm
    Let down
    Dejected
    Promise!
    Optimism
    Discipline
    Defeat

Yeah I can't say that sleeping on it has helped me to feel any better I must be honest.

When all is said and done it was another defeat to Hearts at Hampden and the fourth loss in 16 years.

Today seems to feel much better that yesterday.... i did expect to lose anyway... its bad when your home fans expect to lose.... i am certainly looking forward to next season along with many new players and old ones gone

Quote Originally Posted by Fifehibee1960 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today seems to feel much better that yesterday.... i did expect to lose anyway... its bad when your home fans expect to lose.... i am certainly looking forward to next season along with many new players and old ones gone
    I'm always full of optimism re Hibs. Next season has a bit more promise than usual. I'm not disappointed with this season as I expected nothing else with this squad and the injury list.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Being honest i feared for us yesterday, i thought we were going to get a tanking and it looked that way at 2-0 down. In the end we gave them a bit of a fright. Not much consolation, but I'm disappointed not disillusioned in the way i have been leaving Hampden on quite a few previous occasions.

I think we acquitted ourselves pretty well and the results of both games were a lot better than I for one expected. Let's face it, anyone out of nappies knows the small world of Scottish football is swings and roundabouts and it wouldn't be a surprise if we're in an identical position this time next season but with the results reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I was happy with the fight we showed. Once SM gets his summer transfer business done we will be in much better shape.

I’m genuinely looking forward to a fresh start come 9th July when the season starts.

Exactly . Two of our winter signings Henderson and Clarke were two of our best players yesterday and I`m sure there`ll be some more good signings in summer to supplement young players already at the club . Also surely we won`t have so many injuries next season .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    I'm always full of optimism re Hibs. Next season has a bit more promise than usual. I'm not disappointed with this season as I expected nothing else with this squad and the injury list.
    I feel less enthusiastic about next season than I have for a long time. We are starting from a lower point with a manager with little experience and what he has has been pretty much a disaster. Our owners appear pretty clueless and I have little faith in our CEO. I'm struggling to retain an interest and bought our STs before the Derby games as I fear I may not have bothered if I left it until today or later. I think I might have been right as despite being disappointed after another Hampden disappointment it doesn't hurt that much toady and I'm glad I don't have to watch Hibs until the next home game. I turned down a shift in a new job to go to the Aberdeen game and if we are as poor as we have been that will be the last time I do that. Given the job is photographing sport that may mean I miss much of the games I have already bought a ticket for and I doubt I'll let that continue for too long

The fact we actually played quite well has me feeling worse I think. It was absolutely there for us and we just didn’t have enough about us.

I wanted to win that game more than anything yesterday but it might have paper things over a bit for those in charge. We have a hell of a lot of work to do to get us back to being a decent team.

Yesterday felt crap but as the rest of this season has gone I've got over it pretty quickly, have been at the stage of can't wait until the end of this dreadful season for months now

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Yesterday just summed up our season over the course of the match

Enthusiasm
    Let down
    Dejected
    Promise!
    Optimism
    Discipline
    Defeat
    I read that to the tune of Paninaro by The Pet Shop Boys.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 17-04-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post

This

Effort is the least we should expect from anyone that pulls on the shirt. I find it hard to take any solace from the fact we competed well. We should.

We did nothing that surprised them and never threatened to deliver an unexpected win.

So in the end it is just another defeat. Another missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Effort is the least we should expect from anyone that pulls on the shirt. I find it hard to take any solace from the fact we competed well. We should.

We did nothing that surprised them and never threatened to deliver an unexpected win.

So in the end it is just another defeat. Another missed opportunity.

This is spot on. Another embarrassing loss for our club and a rookie manager who seemed delighted with being beat yesterday at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_Nass View Post
    This is spot on. Another embarrassing loss for our club and a rookie manager who seemed delighted with being beat yesterday at the helm.
    Can you explain why you find yesterdays loss'embarrasing'?

It's the last thing I feel, and I can't see why anyone at the club would feel that way either.

Disappointing yes, but embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Can you explain why you find yesterdays loss'embarrasing'?

It's the last thing I feel, and I can't see why anyone at the club would feel that way either.

Disappointing yes, but embarrassing?

I feel embarrassed that our hampden record is so abysmal and I feel embarrassed that this team couldn’t land a glove in two important games on our rivals who let’s face it aren’t world beaters. We had a lot of possession in the second half but did nothing with it. Aside from Porteous header I can’t recall a decent chance in the second half. It is also hugely embarrassing for Maloney’s post match reaction to be one of pride. He should be furious that we lost the game and trying to install a winning mentality not acceptance of the frustrating “okay we lost but we tried hard and our fans sang louder” attitude which has been present in all the post match drivel.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    A cup semi final v Them and we start with James Scott up front.

Pinning our goal scoring hopes on someone who hasn’t scored a goal for us… the only thing I expected from him is that he ran and ran and ran some more and maybe hassled a defender into a mistake.

Tbf he did a lot of running for about 20 minutes, and then he reverted to jogging and pointing, seemingly to instruct a team mate to pick up an opponent.

Then we have one of our most experience players getting sent off for two avoidable bookings.

The manager could have subbed Newell to take away that possibility but he didn’t make any changes until too late. Bringing on two subs in the 90th minute when you are chasing a game is close to pointless.

Yes we dug in and didn’t get hammered but that is thin gruel, frankly.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Why the **** did he start James Scott. Squad selection is baffling at times

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yeah I can't say that sleeping on it has helped me to feel any better I must be honest.

When all is said and done it was another defeat to Hearts at Hampden and the fourth loss in 16 years.
    Yep, I'm still scunnered. Should be used to it in derby games, but it never gets any easier.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yep, I'm still scunnered. Should be used to it in derby games, but it never gets any easier.
    Agreed, I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Why the **** did he start James Scott. Squad selection is baffling at times
    Subs as well. Far too late getting them on yesterday again.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Subs as well. Far too late getting them on yesterday again.
    Bringing Jasper and Muller on in the 90th minute was utterly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Agreed, I'm sick to the back teeth of it.
    Don’t know if it’s an age thing but the older I get the worse I feel after every game against them.

Will never understand why we are never able to get the better of them. Even yesterday we had the better of them and still couldn’t get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Don’t know if it’s an age thing but the older I get the worse I feel after every game against them.

Will never understand why we are never able to get the better of them. Even yesterday we had the better of them and still couldn’t get a result.
    Yep.

I said yesterday on another thread that if Hearts had dominated that second half yesterday in the way that we had, there is no way they would have lost.

It bugs the life out of me that they dominate so many times against us.

All last week I was dreading the game. Thought we would get well beaten.

I'm over it now. Most people on here seem to think our performance was good. Must admit I was surprised the team showed a bit of fight, but it was still way below expectations. What a powder-puff attack we now have.

Much as I'm over yesterday's defeat I am still seething about the mis-management of the club over the last year. From being in a decent position, which 3 or 4 quality players would have seen us easily in the top 4 and likely to have won yesterday, we find ourselves in the bottom 6 and no European place.

There are so many players in the team who will not be there next season and those that will stay and are nowhere near good enough.

I would love a complete clear out, starting with the Owner, Ron's wee laddie, Manager and Chief Exec. These guys have created this mess and a disconnect with the support.

If all these guys, know the Owner will take some shifting, remain I won't be renewing my ST.

None of them have the qualification or experience to run or manage Hibs. I fear a lengthy period of inconsistent, boring performances, low crowds, Maloneys arrogant and ignorant interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    All last week I was dreading the game. Thought we would get well beaten.

I'm over it now. Most people on here seem to think our performance was good. Must admit I was surprised the team showed a bit of fight, but it was still way below expectations. What a powder-puff attack we now have.

Much as I'm over yesterday's defeat I am still seething about the mis-management of the club over the last year. From being in a decent position, which 3 or 4 quality players would have seen us easily in the top 4 and likely to have won yesterday, we find ourselves in the bottom 6 and no European place.

There are so many players in the team who will not be there next season and those that will stay and are nowhere near good enough.

I would love a complete clear out, starting with the Owner, Ron's wee laddie, Manager and Chief Exec. These guys have created this mess and a disconnect with the support.

If all these guys, know the Owner will take some shifting, remain I won't be renewing my ST.

None of them have the qualification or experience to run or manage Hibs. I fear a lengthy period of inconsistent, boring performances, low crowds, Maloneys arrogant and ignorant interviews.
    Gordon's going nowhere any time soon so if his removal is a prerequisite for you going back I don't think you'll be back for a long time.

Same probably applies to Kensell.

I doubt there was a Hibs fan there yesterday who didn't turn up expecting us to lose given how the last 3 months have gone, to be fair to the players they put up far more of a fight than I expected, especially with 10 men, in all honesty at times you would have thought Hearts were the team a man down.

But as others have alluded to, if you want to win stuff no amount of 'pride in defeat' puts silverware in the trophy cabinet and the fact is it was just another Hampden let down to add to the too many others that have gone before. Getting to semi finals and finals isn't success if you continually lose them and we lose far too many, it also can't be stressed enough that at this point Hibernian FC owes its supporters a massive apology and a massive result somewhere down the line, sooner rather than later.

No Hibs manager should ever find a positive in defeat to Hearts, all that matters in cup matches is the result, all the more so when your opponent is your derby rival. It's getting to the stage where Hibs fans are finding it harder and harder to accept or forgive this ever growing list of defeats to Hearts in big games and that was reflected in the turnout yesterday, with yet another outcome that enabled those who deserted their club for such a huge game to say 'see bloody told you so'

So yeh, in the end it doesn't matter a stuff how much of a fist Hibs made of it or how much better our fans were than theirs, the bottom line is that yet again we lost, yet again Hibs let the fans who did stick with them down ....... it has to stop because in all honesty folk are getting sick of hearing about new attitudes at the club and how it's going to turn all this around, it seems the more things change the more they stay the same at this club and increasingly it makes meaningless pish like 'this is our city' coming from the club look like a bad bloody joke and worse than that a joke at the expense of its own supporters.