hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henderson

One of the best games I've seen him play for Hibs. Got stuck in and a fair bit of skill as well. Took some really good corners, the one he put inch perfect onto Porto's head when Gordon pulled off a worldie was reminiscent of his brother in his prime.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s 22 year old, not really sure there’s much physical development to see🤔
    Two or three " Fish Suppers" will get him squared up . Great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Two or three " Fish Suppers" will get him squared up . Great player.
    Pickled onions with yer supper , son ?
    I agree. He may well be a key player next term.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Literally nobody has suggested that ….
    It was in response to someone saying they look forward to seeing him next season. In my opinion I’d prefer a player who is the first name on the team sheet and plays consistently every week. Henderson might still be young but he has played for Celtic, including big European games and played for other clubs on loan. If he can’t get a starting position in a poor Hibs side then I’d question whether he’s worth the money. We have too many bit part players. Reminds me of Sam Stanton actually.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    He was tiny at school and took a pretty drastic growth spurt, so it could still be he's growing into his body. Not at all unusual for players late teens/early 20s.

Mind seeing him for the first time after I left school playing for Celtic and I couldn't believe how tall he was. Think he'll probably fill out a little as he grows.

He was always the most slight out of the 3 brothers also.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Really like him and thought he was very good. Excellent technical player and his weight of pass is excellent allied to very good set piece delivery. Looking forward to see much more of him will only get better needs to start every game imo.

Played with his head up constantly. Wanted to make it happen and never stopped driving. Have to say I’ve been split from what I have seen so far but would have him as my man of the match yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought he was excellent on Saturday and just shaded my MOTM amongst plenty other great performances. The boy is definitely a player, the way he cuts right across his markers with the ball at his feet takes a lot of skill and confidence and is a nightmare for opposition. If he can play like that most weeks next season, he’ll be a key player for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he was decent - no more that that - not a criticism , but neither was he one of the top players on the park . More of that and I’ll be happy though. Certainly looked more likely to be a first team starter than he has previously .

Thought he was alright Saturday. By far is best game yet but that isn't difficult. He's looked way short of what we need so far. Saturday was an improvement.

I think he’s got loads of potential.

Ive said if quite a few times now and I hope we eventually do it but I’d like to see him being one of the centre mids in the 343 we play.

His ability to receive the ball on the half turn and open up play is brilliant and something we really miss in that area of the pitch.

Hes dropped back there a couple of times when we’re chasing a goal and his long range passing has set up a couple of chances, off the top of my head he had the one to Mueller against Dundee United 2 weeks ago and then the one to Doidge against Motherwell where it was brutal conditions.

Weve seen his brother Liam succeed in Italy’s dropping deep and Ewan had played deeper in the past so I think it’s something we need to try.

It also allows for a bit more pace and goalscoring threat in the front 3 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    It was in response to someone saying they look forward to seeing him next season. In my opinion I’d prefer a player who is the first name on the team sheet and plays consistently every week. Henderson might still be young but he has played for Celtic, including big European games and played for other clubs on loan. If he can’t get a starting position in a poor Hibs side then I’d question whether he’s worth the money. We have too many bit part players. Reminds me of Sam Stanton actually.
    I accept he's probably had a quieter start at Hibs than most of us would like but can we not just give credit where it is due?

He stood up very well in a massive game for us and his performance was a real bright spot during what were a tough few weeks for us.

We've seen what he's capable of, now he needs to do it more regularly.