hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: This Season

This Season

This season has been one of the strangest on record with most teams showing no consistency whatsoever.
    If you were a neutral with no knowledge of Scottish football you could be forgiven when watching a match for not noticing if the teams had swapped jerseys at half time!
    Hearts have been held up as the benchmark it seems as a club that are getting everything right, do you really think that they were a class apart yesterday? If you were a manager from the English Championship would you be interested in any player outside of the Celtic or The Rangers squad?
    Maloney must be given a fair opportunity to build a team capable of playing a style of football which will not only prove to be entertaining but consistent and although I agree the stats are difficult to defend mitigating circumstances have probably deprived us of a top 6 place and a Scottish Cup Final appearance and I say that acknowledging that we need to do a lot better and from the viewpoint of a 60 year old who has watched good and bad teams representing Hibs unfortunately the majority being the latter, we have underachieved as a club long before this season and that goes away back before the likes of Jack Ross and Sean Maloney being born. We have no ownership and a new vision there’s no alternative to giving things a chance. Would you want Nielsen as a replacement?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Seems a distant memory but weren’t we top of the league, or at least a win at ibrox away from it, around October time?🤔 The league table stats look bad enough but I’d hate to see how they look from after that game, mustn’t be far off the worst performing club🙈

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems a distant memory but weren’t we top of the league, or at least a win at ibrox away from it, around October time?🤔 The league table stats look bad enough but I’d hate to see how they look from after that game, mustn’t be far off the worst performing club🙈
    I think we're second bottom, with only a truly awful Dundee side below us.

That's why I'm twitchy about the current manager and squad of players. What we have currently is a team that is in with a chance of getting relegated, especially given we're likely to lose our best player over the summer (Porteous).

Obviously there will be changes over the summer whatever happens, but I think we're miles off being at the level we need to be at (top 4). 8 or 9 players off it.

Rangers and Celtc are miles ahead of everybody else.

Hearts are no great shakes but are one of the few sides outside of the OF to have shown at least a bit of consistency, so deserve third place.

The rest of the clubs, including ourselves, are pretty much the same mixture of dull and crap. It's 17th April and I've watched Hibs win one league game this year.

Aside from one or two games... the LC Semi being a stand out... this has been a pretty crap season and I can't wait till it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    15 points from 15 league games under Maloney so far has us 9th in the form table and the lowest scoring side over those 15 games with just 11 goals scored.

For all this so called second half domination we created one chance from a corner!! How low are the standards these days

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    15 points from 15 league games under Maloney so far has us 9th in the form table and the lowest scoring side over those 15 games with just 11 goals scored.
    Really poor.

And it’s not over yet, I have no confidence that this manager can get a tune out of these players for the 5 games we’ve got left.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Really poor.

And it’s not over yet, I have no confidence that this manager can get a tune out of these players for the 5 games we’ve got left.
    Christ, this has just reminded me that we still actually have these 5 games to play. What a depressing thought, I’ve never wanted a season to be over as much as I do this one.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Counting down the days until the seasons over tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    For all this so called second half domination we created one chance from a corner!! How low are the standards these days
    You can still dominate a game without having loads of chances, nothing to do with standards

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    You can still dominate a game without having loads of chances, nothing to do with standards
    If you take the goalposts away we were equal to them, eh?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Probably the most frustrating season ever supporting Hibs. Brutal how we've been this bad after such a good season last year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    Henderson free kick, Jasper free kick, Melkersen header, Campbell had an effort over the bar.

Probably others as well. We had numerous efforts at goal yesterday in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    Easier to dominate a game when your losing also though.

Can’t believe the amount people happy with that yesterday.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    For me,Hertz ended our league season last week,yesterday they ended our cup campaign,season's over for me,sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Henderson free kick, Jasper free kick, Melkersen header, Campbell had an effort over the bar.

Probably others as well. We had numerous efforts at goal yesterday in the second half.
    Henderson’s free kick was going wide, jaspers was awful, melkerssons header was never going in and didn’t even hit the target. Campbell shot was poor. 4 attempts one on target only because it was hit so softly. Your personal standards must be low. I expect better

Few big games coming up still unfortunately the seasons not over yet.

It's been a poor season by most teams outside the bigot brothers. I really believe though that had we kept Boyle and he played to form, we would have challenged hearts for 3rd spot.