hibs.net Messageboard

Diffference in mentality

Hearts “expect” to win

Hibs Players and Some fans “hope” to win

****ing pathetic and embarrassing the amount of people on here defending the team after yet another defeat at the hands of our biggest rivals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts “expect” to win

Hibs Players and Some fans “hope” to win

****ing pathetic and embarrassing the amount of people on here defending the team after yet another defeat at the hands of our biggest rivals.
    Couldn't agree more. Think what losing the back to back derbies has allowed Hearts to achieve this season and then think yo yourself that we have a manager, coaches and fans that are ACTUALLY HAPPY we only lost 2-1 today whilst Hearts get yet another one over us in the biggest of Derbies.

It is disgusting stuff from our support.

We must have one of the softest supports out there that literally is happy to accept failure. Bizarre stuff.

Marv spoke about this on Prem Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Marv spoke about this on Prem Sports.
    What? Our fans?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I honestly don't know why our derby record has been so poor for so long. Is it just a psychological thing or is there a long term disparity in quality? For their record to be so much better than ours, there has to be underlying factors; it can't just be coincidence. I really can't explain it. Four games at Hampden and four defeats is outrageous, so is the overall record.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I honestly don't know why our derby record has been so poor for so long. Is it just a psychological thing or is there a long term disparity in quality? For their record to be so much better than ours, there has to be underlying factors; it can't just be coincidence. I really can't explain it. Four games at Hampden and four defeats is outrageous, so is the overall record.
    Even the Famous Five struggled against them. It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Even the Famous Five struggled against them. It's bizarre.
    My own memories go back to the eighties as a kid, and our record in the derby in all that time has been generally tragic. We've had some great results e.g. the 6-2 and knocking them out in 2016, but over the piece it's been miserable. Totally sick of it, but, sadly, I don't expect it to change anytime soon. It's become a depressing habit.

We have probably the weirdest derby in the world. Our rivals only seem to survive in order to do us over. The national media the BBC packs itself full of Hearts supporting trolls and is completely biased against us. Its do or die for Hearts when they play against us. Only in religiously bigoted Scotland are the cards marked so full of hatred. Hopefully after independence the tables will be turned.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejim View Post
    We have probably the weirdest derby in the world. Our rivals only seem to survive in order to do us over. The national media the BBC packs itself full of Hearts supporting trolls and is completely biased against us. Its do or die for Hearts when they play against us. Only in religiously bigoted Scotland are the cards marked so full of hatred. Hopefully after independence the tables will be turned.
    Are all these influences and leanings going to be magic-ed away? They're a century and a half baked in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think you are on the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Are all these influences and leanings going to be magic-ed away? They're a century and a half baked in.
    We live in hope that every child is brought up into a much more level playing field than the one you and i have identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Hibs View Post
    Think you are on the wrong forum.
    No disrespect fella but i think its you that's on the wrong fans forum. Ha Ha.

What? Totally irrelevant to our dismal derby record. Hearts don't keep beating us because of religion or Scottish independence. Behave yourself.

What? Totally irrelevant to our dismal derby record. Hearts don't keep beating us because of religion or Scottish independence. Behave yourself.
    Of course they do. They are the establishment team. They have to beat the so called 'hobos' etc. Its drummed into them, imo.

Lot of loser talk there. They win because they pay for better players.
    Maloney brought in about 7 players in Jan, how many started yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Maloney's signings? They've been beating us for decades.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 17-04-2022 at 12:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Yep, it's a strange one...hearts have seemed to always have that extra bit of steel in their team....grit, desire, will to win.
    From remembering the likes of jim jeffries, drew busby (JHC), alex macdonald, sandy clark, craig levien etc, we’ve tended to have a more "footballing team", which unfortunately more often than not came unstuck against physically strong hearts teams.

Of course we've had our moments, with turnballs tornadoes, mcleish's team, the odd result here and there, but in general, we've struggled against the physicality of hearts teams....and they clearly know it.
    We soft ?.....probably.
    We've always tried to be a footballing side, IMHO, whereas hearts have had greater success (against us for sure) by being robust, winning the physical side, then letting their forwards do the biz (i.e, john robertson)
    Our record against them is shocking.....and quite annoying.

The team we've got at the moment has neither steel (porto, lewis the exception) nor any forwards capable of really hurting them....sigh.
    Whilst it's nice to see hibs play football, we need to add some steel into the side, instil a will to win...whatever it takes.....we're too nice.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

They usually win because of their mentality. It involves fighting like tigers on the pitch.

We show that mentality today and what happens? Some fans still moan and want the manager sacked, while those who recognise the fight in our team get criticised for 'accepting mediocrity'😂

Some people need to look back at the game with a clear head and recognise how well we played today, and consider the potential direction we are heading in.

Off topic, but how many of those were his signings?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Off topic, but how many of those were his signings?
    All of them and if not then he should be resigning. If a manager doesn’t want a player then he needs to say so. People trying to excuse Maloney by saying this player and that player were not his signing? They are just guessing for a start. It’s a nonsense. If he signs them then doesn’t play them then it’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. And if he’s letting other people buy players for him then he has no chance of being a successful manager.
    Stop making excuses for him.

The past is irrelevant. What is relevant is that we go into every derby with the same attitude as yesterday. We may not have won but we bullied hearts and should have won. If we do that in every derby we will win more than we lose.

All of them and if not then he should be resigning. If a manager doesn’t want a player then he needs to say so. People trying to excuse Maloney by saying this player and that player were not his signing? They are just guessing for a start. It’s a nonsense. If he signs them then doesn’t play them then it’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. And if he’s letting other people buy players for him then he has no chance of being a successful manager.

He was never going to start his first management gig by refusing to sign previously agreed targets.

They've been beating us for decades.
    They have, and they live for it. That is their M.O. I honestly think that they would accept relegation if they only won 4 games per season. I heard murmurings from friends of that persuasion that had they not beaten us at Tynie, then finishing third would have been somewhat tainted.

A bit unfair on Shaun imo. He's an amateur manager with a mindset of playing a definitive way. Not got the budget or players to do so and has found out the hard way. Rightly tweaked the selections and formation that very nearly worked out but for some bad luck. Got to give the man some latitude and time to see if it will work imo. God Bless You Shaun.

Of course they do. They are the establishment team. They have to beat the so called 'hobos' etc. Its drummed into them, imo.
    Why do the think that will change after independence?