hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he never. He tried. But he wasn’t a threat whatsoever.
    Like taking candy off a baby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Much improved effort level and commitment was deserving of drawing level after 90 but according to the wise man that is Craig Levein on Radio "Hearts love-in" Scotland they were comfortable, sat off to protect their lead, and had plenty left to go up a gear had we equalised. What an absolute fud.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Good report as usual and completely agree with your MOM.
    I'm not a great fan of Lewis but he was outstanding today.
    How you can think Newell was unlucky is beyond me.
    Yeah, I've kinda acknowledged, in a post above, that having watched it again he got what he deserved
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    We were so determined and committed from the start. When Newell was booked I felt a bit worried that he might pay the price. It was such a full on battle on the pitch and as it tuned out he made a similar tackle later on and turned the course of the game. Until then, I thought we were going to score and turn the match around. They were on the ropes and we were really putting them under a lot of pressure.

Hibs gave a really passionate performance today. The first goal. What can you say? It's a strategy that costs the team. By all means , if you have the players for it, but FFS

I though Henderson showed up well. He was willing and drove at Hearts with energy. Cadden was also showing upwell and although he can be a bit rough around the edges, he impressed me today. Scott tried hard , but pretty baffling that we are bringing him in for a game like this. Stevenson battled and showed a lot for the ball. I'm not sure why he needed to go off really.

The fans were brilliant today. The players appreciated it. no doubt. It was good to be part of it and although the side ultimately let us down again, surely Gordon must be getting the message as to the potential of a successful Hibs and what's required financially to get the team there?
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 16-04-2022 at 10:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Great summary as usual.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    An excellent write up, as usual. After a few bevvies, my feelings are more terse: it feels pish, just like it always does when we play them at Hampden. We were the better team for much of today, even when a man down, but those ***** always get the job done. Our derby record simply isn't acceptable. I just don't know why they always seem to get the better of us. I'm pissed aff.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Much improved effort level and commitment was deserving of drawing level after 90 but according to the wise man that is Craig Levein on Radio "Hearts love-in" Scotland they were comfortable, sat off to protect their lead, and had plenty left to go up a gear had we equalised. What an absolute fud.
    Shocked that any Hi bee could be bothered to listen to the nonsense that is Radio Scotland ''Sportsound'' any more. Its so biased against Hibs that very few argue against this point of view any longer. Its a jambo lovefest that no longer bothers to even employ a token Hi bee on its show to pretend its impartial. Stopped listening years ago unfortunately but still have to pay the license fee, total disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    An excellent write up, as usual. After a few bevvies, my feelings are more terse: it feels pish, just like it always does when we play them at Hampden. We were the better team for much of today, even when a man down, but those ***** always get the job done. Our derby record simply isn't acceptable. I just don't know why they always seem to get the better of us. I'm pissed aff.
    How much worse would it feel if 2016 hadn't happened? Aye I'm gutted but we had our day in the sunshine just a few years ago. If we hadn't broken the hoodoo I'd probably be feeling 10 times worse. We put up a decent fight in the second half and if Porto's goal had went in and/or Newell hadn't been sent off it would have been a different outcome. We'll get over it and roll on the next game. Mon the Hi bees.

Thanks for this report, outstanding work as usual. Hope you are feeling better too.

Hibs brilliantly took the game to Hearts after we pulled one back and on the hour mark I genuinely thought we would equalise and be the more likely to win. Hearts had no answer to us and were sh!itin it. Stevenson, Henderson, Scott, Cadden all playing out their skins and the boys at the back had Boyce and Sims tied up much better. Step forward Joe Newell with 30 minutes still to go to let down the whole team and support. What an absolute clown knowing he was already walking a tight rope. He should have been taken off by Maloney when his arms were up in a challenge a few minutes before and Beaton was giving him long looks. We were praying for the substitute boards to go up with his number on. Never felt so much anger toward a player for as long as I can remember. Lewis Stevenson was full bloodied in challenges - Newell was a wreckless bufoon. What a chance we had to make history yesterday.

Stand side linesman was embarrassing and didn't seem to have a clue. After his yellow, Cochrane handled the ball about 3 times, missing other fouls and just waited to see what brother beaton was going to do.

Stevenson was fantastic and really couldn't understand why he was hooked. The subs, for me, were too long coming. I thought the hearts second goal was really well worked and it was nice to see some hefty, meaty challenges being made. Apparently we're a bunch of dirty, hacking *******s

On the bright side, it's the most passionate I've seen my eldest at a Hibs game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Stand side linesman was embarrassing and didn't seem to have a clue. After his yellow, Cochrane handled the ball about 3 times, missing other fouls and just waited to see what brother beaton was going to do.

Stevenson was fantastic and really couldn't understand why he was hooked. The subs, for me, were too long coming. I thought the hearts second goal was really well worked and it was nice to see some hefty, meaty challenges being made. Apparently we're a bunch of dirty, hacking *******s

On the bright side, it's the most passionate I've seen my eldest at a Hibs game!!
    Agree, the subs were too long in coming. When Halkett got injured and they were having to rejig, that was the moment. The crowd was up and we needed to get a second striker on which would have lifted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejim View Post
    Shocked that any Hi bee could be bothered to listen to the nonsense that is Radio Scotland ''Sportsound'' any more. Its so biased against Hibs that very few argue against this point of view any longer. Its a jambo lovefest that no longer bothers to even employ a token Hi bee on its show to pretend its impartial. Stopped listening years ago unfortunately but still have to pay the license fee, total disgrace.
    The radio was on in the car for 5 mins but rest assured it was switched off as soon as that absolute prat Tome English came on and said Hibs are in a mess, or words to that effect. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to avoid hearing his opening line.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    James Scott had a good game.
    By his standards.

Not by the standard that we need from our main striker, although I accept he is third or fourth choice after Nisbet, Doidge and possibly Melkerson.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post

Looked from the view from east stand at north stand he missed a couple of clear Hearts offsides hence the ironic cheer when he eventually gave one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Looked from the view from east stand at north stand he missed a couple of clear Hearts offsides hence the ironic cheer when he eventually gave one.
    Aye and after that ironic cheer for finally calling one, we proceeded to pas then all straight to Hearts for them to score. Just as I was saying that the first 15 has went all right.