hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squad clear out

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New goalkeeper

Two new centre backs.

Ball winning midfielder, box to box midfielder and advanced playmaker.

Two new strikers.

Roughly at least 8 signings needed imo. I expect there will be plenty of outgoings in the summer too so our incoming signings could go into double figures.
    Yes, a whole new team required with players who are mentally strong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    All of them? Put the pint down n go to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Hibs View Post
    Yes, all of them.
    Jesus wept

I genuinely wouldn't be bothered if any of the current squad left tomorrow.

I'd like McGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson to remain at the club in some capacity but I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of them left tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Without the green tints whenever I’ve watched villa,mcginn has either assisted or been a catalyst in build up to anything positive they do.
    Not to mention his amazing international performances for Scotland.

His Twitter is always lit up by positivity towards him after games as well,I don’t think I’ve read a critical tweet towards him.

I don’t think Gerrard takes him off or drops him much either.

I think John is perfect for Villa, personally, however I was trying to give a balanced view, ie, there's a section of the support that don't rate him at Villa. He doesn't score nearly enough goals compared to his Scotland form however.

He's got it all there to be a top, top player, but he's not really grown in the last year or two. He still runs into trouble a lot and gives away slack passes, but he also scores the odd screamer and his driving runs are integral to Villa's style of play.

I wasn't trying to bash, I'm just meaning he divides a lot of opinion with the Villa fans. I follow a few big accounts on socials that regularly slate him and get 3/4k likes whenever they do, so yeah, I rate him, I think he's class, but he's not quite as important to this Villa team as he is/was to Hibs/Scotland.

It could be because he plays as more of an 8 at Villa and more of a second striker for Scotland, but his consistency has been a real issue the last year or two, along with the rest of the squad right enough.

The biggest difficulty rebuilding will be the financial hit due to a decline in season ticket renewals. Poor quality football coupled with rising living costs make for challenging times. There is also a growing apathy/disconnect between team and support that you can feel at games.
    Winning today would only have papered the cracks, this team would have lost the final and lets be honest, they should be nowhere near a European competition.
    I would like to see a big clear out and some younger ambitious players brought in.
    Maloney was never my choice but we stick with him for next season.
    I will continue my HSL payments, but probably won't renew my season ticket and will just select the games l want to attend

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I imagine that there will be some major surgery to the sqaud for the first time in a good few years, especially if Gordon means business re spending. Here's my opinion on who we have at present:

Stay: Clarke, Doig, Porteous, Newell, Mueller, Stevenson, Mitchell, Jasper, Dabrowski, Doyle-Hayes, Cadden, Bradley, Melkersen, Henderson

Go: Wright, Doidge, Gogic, Murphy, Allan, McGregor, Scott, Mackie, Campbell, Bushiri

Undecided: Macey, Hanlon, McGinn, Magennis, Nisbet, MacKay, Hauge

Porteous should be offered our top wage and the captaincy. Doidge I don't think is going to come back from his injury, Hanlon and McGinn are getting on a bit now, Macey I'm not convinced is a #1. Magennis definitely has some quality but no point keeping him if he never plays, and I would honestly take the first decent offer we get for Nisbet as he is not developing here.
    Porto won’t be captain

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Porto won’t be captain
    I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Porto won’t be captain
    He'll be away in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    He'll be away in the summer.
    Definitely looking that way and the club will look to cash in before he can speak to others for nothing. The public flogging of him by all and sundry isn't likely encouraging him to stay but I think he was going anyway. He's turned down everything Hibs have offered to try and extend his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Definitely looking that way and the club will look to cash in before he can speak to others for nothing. The public flogging of him by all and sundry isn't likely encouraging him to stay but I think he was going anyway. He's turned down everything Hibs have offered to try and extend his deal.
    He has. There are a few teams after him I've heard. All offering much more cash than Hibs could afford.

A shot on target against Macey is practically a goal. Marciano streets ahead of him. So I’d start with him.

Need a new goalie
    2 strongcentre backs
    Ball winning midfielder
    Striker

Need a ruthless clearout as well - no sentiment

Too many continuous losers in that team. We need winners

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I think John is perfect for Villa, personally, however I was trying to give a balanced view, ie, there's a section of the support that don't rate him at Villa. He doesn't score nearly enough goals compared to his Scotland form however.

He's got it all there to be a top, top player, but he's not really grown in the last year or two. He still runs into trouble a lot and gives away slack passes, but he also scores the odd screamer and his driving runs are integral to Villa's style of play.

I wasn't trying to bash, I'm just meaning he divides a lot of opinion with the Villa fans. I follow a few big accounts on socials that regularly slate him and get 3/4k likes whenever they do, so yeah, I rate him, I think he's class, but he's not quite as important to this Villa team as he is/was to Hibs/Scotland.

It could be because he plays as more of an 8 at Villa and more of a second striker for Scotland, but his consistency has been a real issue the last year or two, along with the rest of the squad right enough.
    At villa he plays a deeper role . I watch most of villa's games and he almost never wastes a pass .
    He would be fantastic at man utd but liverpool are also interested klopp things he is outstanding .
    A ready made replacement for Jordan Henderson

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Need a new goalie
    2 strongcentre backs
    Ball winning midfielder
    Striker

Said this for seasons now spine of the team is where you spend the money and that where we need new players a new keeper is a must macey gives no confidence to defence .

Two players out of contract are ;
    Zander Clark goalkeeper
    Jamie mccart center half

Like the goalie

Thoughts anyone

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Two players out of contract are ;
    Zander Clark goalkeeper
    Jamie mccart center half

Like the goalie

Thoughts anyone

Avoid. Signing players from St Johnstone hasn't worked out for us recently. Liam Craig, Drey Wright...

Only thing I am worried about which I said in one of the Maloney thread is who does he expect to come in and improve us on our budget?

If he really wants to implement and play this style 100% of the time then it would cost millions for me.

There's loads I'd empty, some I'd keep - none of it matters if Maloney is here though.

We don't exactly have many sellable assets, do we? Porteous and Doig are probably the only ones and their respective values will have diminished this season, with the latter going off the boil a bit and Porto nearer the end of his contract and attracting lots of negative headlines.
    The money we got for Boyle will disappear quickly if season ticket sales drop off dramatically, while some of it has already been wasted in January.
    Like others, I'm uncomfortable with us taking an interest free Covid loan from the government and sticking it in the bank. The right thing to do is give that money back.
    So, unless Ron is ponying up significantly, we're not going to be able to make wholesale changes and we're stuck with a lot of mediocre players on long contracts.
    There will be some money from Allan and Wright's wages, while Scott & Bushiri probably won't be back, not sure about Jasper or the option of an extra year for McGinn. An English League One side might pay something for Doidge but it won't be much.
    At least six new faces are required - players that can go straight into the first team and improve it - not punts on the future, but do we have any faith in a recruitment team led by Ron jnr & Swiss Tony?
    Hopefully guys like Melkersen, Hauge, Bradley, MacKay, Delfererriere & O'Connor can push on but we shouldn't be relying on them.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Need a new goalie
    2 strongcentre backs
    Ball winning midfielder
    Striker

McFly sorry but I disagree. I think we need a min of 2 maybe 3 strikers!

Agree re CH’s and defo need a MF general.

Stay: Clarke, Doig, Porteous, Newell, Mueller, Stevenson, Mitchell, Jasper, Dabrowski, Doyle-Hayes, Cadden, Bradley, Melkersen, Henderson, Bushiri, MacKay, Hauge, Nisbet, Magennis, Hanlon, Campbell, Tait, Delfierre.

Go: Wright, Doidge, Gogic, Murphy, Allan, McGregor, Scott, Mackie, Macey.

Personally think we need a new goalkeeper as I've never taken to Macey as a ball playing keeper and I'm not overly convinced with his ability to command his area. Nisbet is injured to the winter so no one will take him, but we need to sign a new striker or two anyway.

Young laddies like Melkersen, Tait, MacKay, Hauge, Delfierrie, and even Campbell have a place in the squad but can't be over relied upon like Campbell has been since October/November. They should be there to supplement the squad in order to develop.

I think overall we still have some good players in the squad that when fit will make a difference, but there's a lot of players that at the moment are not contributing to us when they're probably taking a half decent salary. Guys like Allan, Doidge, McGregor, Scott have probably been no where near the value for money this season which will be freed up an allow us to sign better in the summer. Gogic and Murphy's wages will no doubt be mostly paid by their loan clubs at the moment but the same applies to them.

Overall there is huge scope for overhauling the squad, but I think some folk need to be realistic on how many will actually be signed and that means a lot of players you probably don't like will stay here.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    A shot on target against Macey is practically a goal. Marciano streets ahead of him. So I’d start with him.
    Now you are just making stuff up, he has the 5th highest number of clean sheets out of all the spfl keepers this season, so clearly isnt as bad as some make out

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I can see Doig and Porteous being sold and the money used for a complete rebuild.
    Spoke to one of there grandads last week and that was the Jist of what he said. Ryan and Josh will be away.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    No chance of it happening with his new deal but I'd definitely be trying to punt JDH.

It was signed a week or so after Ross left and before Maloney took over, so I'd assume this was done on Ross's recommendation, if Maloney wants shot, Hayes will understand, new deal or not.

Macey is very poor with his feet but I don’t think we can fix everything at once. We need to prioritise. And for me, that means two centre mids and two strikers. If we use all available money to sign quality in those positions then we will be in a lot better shape.

Replace Macey but not a top priority.

If Porteous goes then a new CH plus another for cover, please don't sign Rocky, bombscare. Delferriere has been on the bench a few times and came with a very rep, still young but may be ready for next season.

Let McGinn go and bring in another young wingback for cover, a new left wingback if Doig goes, maybe Mitchell earmarked for that position.

Move on JDH, Campbell and Wright, unsure about Magennis as we've hardly seen enough of him but we need 3 new midfielders with one a ball playing No.6

Don't think Jasper is good enough and Hauge is still settling in, we need at least 2, maybe 3 attacking forwards for the wide areas.

My reckoning is we'll need around 7-8 signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Macey is very poor with his feet but I don’t think we can fix everything at once. We need to prioritise. And for me, that means two centre mids and two strikers. If we use all available money to sign quality in those positions then we will be in a lot better shape.

No secret to successful teams - a strong spine. Decent Goalie, strong CBs, strong ball winning midfielder and good striker. Maloney needs to put his shopping list in to RG now. No excuses or like for like replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    The biggest difficulty rebuilding will be the financial hit due to a decline in season ticket renewals. Poor quality football coupled with rising living costs make for challenging times. There is also a growing apathy/disconnect between team and support that you can feel at games.
    Winning today would only have papered the cracks, this team would have lost the final and lets be honest, they should be nowhere near a European competition.
    I would like to see a big clear out and some younger ambitious players brought in.
    Maloney was never my choice but we stick with him for next season.
    I will continue my HSL payments, but probably won't renew my season ticket and will just select the games l want to attend
    This.

Everyone out of contract can go,we need 2 centre half's especially if porteous goes,hanlon as a back up only,a bully in midfield, a winger and at least 1 striker,would love an experienced older goalkeeper and most of all to some how have a injury list that is not 8 plus players out weekly