hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: James Scott

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    A terrible signing but played well yesterday, particularly in the second half. A glimpse that there’s a player in there but we’ll still be well rid of him come the summer. Hope we play the likes of Melkerson and the U18s until the end of the season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Probably an outlier view, but I wonder if had been given more starting game time, we would have seen a lot better from him . Must be really hard to make an impact when you get 10 minutes every three weeks …

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably an outlier view, but I wonder if had been given more starting game time, we would have seen a lot better from him . Must be really hard to make an impact when you get 10 minutes every three weeks …
    Yes, agree and have said the same with Wright. However, I counter this by saying that if he's brought on for only 10 minutes then he would be giving 110% to show the manager that he deserves a starting position. Many teams have that "super-sub" person who comes on and the crowd are lifted by the players attitude and desire. James Scott has neve shown that.

Don't want to end on a negative - I though he did well yesterday and showed there is a player there. Thought he held up the ball really well. Just needed a Boyle type person up with him that he could link with.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    His ‘performance’ yesterday pretty much reflected the team’s overall performance… did the minimum expected with some effort but nothing great. Slower than a week in Saughton.

One good game. Is he after a contract?

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    If he was a a true striker he would’ve scored the one that came off the post. He just stood there watching instead of following the ball into the net.
    Disclaimer: I haven’t watched the highlights yet, so I may be wrong 😂

Played okay, gave the absolute minimum of putting in a good shift but done little to influence the game with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    How come we now sign strikers that can’t actually score goals, must have the worst ‘strikers’ in the league.
    Like who?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Like who?
    I know what you’re getting at but he doesn’t need to qualify who to sign, he isn’t a paid member of the scouting team who’s job it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I know what you’re getting at but he doesn’t need to qualify who to sign, he isn’t a paid member of the scouting team who’s job it is.
    No, I mean who are our strikers than don't score? Our strikers do score, they're just never fit.

And Scott is dreadful

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    If he was a a true striker he would’ve scored the one that came off the post. He just stood there watching instead of following the ball into the net.
    Disclaimer: I haven’t watched the highlights yet, so I may be wrong
    Yep, you are definately wrong

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Looking at the replies, he definitely makes the worst Hibs 11.

I saw him pay for Scotland U21s a few months back against Turkey and its no exaggeration to say he was Turkey's best player. When we got into the danger areas he either gave the ball away with poor control or took a shot that would clear the stand. It sticks in my mind as just how bad the display was.

Not seen much of him at Hibs but yesterday aside there has been nothing there from what I have seen to suggest he is good enough for this level. Even yesterday where he raised his game considerably he was only decent, he wasn't outstanding.

He is a young Scottish striker though and I would love it if he hit a brace in each of our last 5 games, show us he is a player, give the club a call to make....can't see it though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr What If? View Post
    I saw him pay for Scotland U21s a few months back against Turkey and its no exaggeration to say he was Turkey's best player. When we got into the danger areas he either gave the ball away with poor control or took a shot that would clear the stand. It sticks in my mind as just how bad the display was.

Not seen much of him at Hibs but yesterday aside there has been nothing there from what I have seen to suggest he is good enough for this level. Even yesterday where he raised his game considerably he was only decent, he wasn't outstanding.

He is a young Scottish striker though and I would love it if he hit a brace in each of our last 5 games, show us he is a player, give the club a call to make....can't see it though.
    Interesting that and a balanced view. Thanks for sharing

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s baffled me the stick he’s got. We’ve barely seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I’m the same as you, the abuse he gets is way OTT imo.

Very difficult to come on and make a difference in a 5 minute spell once a month.

A disaster of a loan signing.

Did he actually play that well? His attempt to close down Kingsley for their second goal for me summed up his whole spell here. Half arsed.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

He hardly played in the autumn because he was unfit and not training hard enough.

He’s had plenty of minutes since to make an impression, and achieved f all.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Did he actually play that well? His attempt to close down Kingsley for their second goal for me summed up his whole spell here. Half arsed.

He looked like he was really trying the first 20 minutes, then reverted to jogging and pointing. He contributed nothing of note yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’m the same as you, the abuse he gets is way OTT imo.

Very difficult to come on and make a difference in a 5 minute spell once a month.
    Turn that round on Scott. Why has he not been starting? We’ve been missing at least 1 striker all season and he still has not done enough in training to convince 2 managers to give him a chance!

And when he does make a rare appearance, he offers nothing.

Now compare him to Simms for that manky mob.

It’s an embarrassment all round.

Anyone pictured training in a snood can get ****ed. However he put in a good shift yesterday and played well by his standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk