hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 584 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/andyfaeaberdeen/...-RN0qX5f0zDQ-g

Not a rumour as such but interesting that everybody’s favourite journalist Scott Burns has been banned from Pittodrie for being a bit of a dick, although some would say he was just doing his job.

I’m not really one for conspiracy theories but it has become a bit of a pattern with him just to link any Aberdeen bound player with Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Defo need to bring in a couple of creative midfielders and a couple more strikers. I think we get this right and we’ll be looking good.

Hopefully O’Connor etc also get brought through and get a proper shot. Always important to bring our own through

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/andyfaeaberdeen/...-RN0qX5f0zDQ-g

Not a rumour as such but interesting that everybody’s favourite journalist Scott Burns has been banned from Pittodrie for being a bit of a dick, although some would say he was just doing his job.

I’m not really one for conspiracy theories but it has become a bit of a pattern with him just to link any Aberdeen bound player with Hibs.
    I am assuming that this is related to the Considine stuff as the timing seems too convenient otherwise.

Burns is a bit of a cock, as you say his USP is a bit obvious.

On rumours - Harry Milne of Cove Rangers in the summer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I am assuming that this is related to the Considine stuff as the timing seems too convenient otherwise.

Who the hell is Harry Milne???

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Who the hell is Harry Milne???
    A football player at Cove Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    a left back...

It's reported that Shaun Maloney has already been speaking to transfer targets. That must mean these players are out of contract at the end of the season I wonder who he has been talking to. Anyone got any ideas or know anything

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Ironic that Aberdeen are meant to be after him as well - or is that the joke?
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    It's reported that Shaun Maloney has already been speaking to transfer targets. That must mean these players are out of contract at the end of the season I wonder who he has been talking to. Anyone got any ideas or know anything
    Watched his q and a this morning and got the impression from what he was saying that a few players were lined up. Might be wrong but dont think so.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Suppose possible we have agreed a transfer with club allowing us to talk to signed players.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Never heard of him, not exactly a super star then??
    Cove Rangers really going to raid one of the top leagues!!

Maybe not. We could've had bids accepted or could be speaking to contracted players via their agents.

Despite Alan Forrest and Charles Cook both having really good seasons I’m not sure I want us to go for them.

Maybe as options but not as a key player.

Cant help but think Charles Cook has just went on a purple patch like Connor Sammon done, he’s never had a season even remotely close to this.

A winger I have always been impressed with in our league is Joseph Hungbo though. Fast, strong and really good technically cutting in on his left foot.

I think our recruitment will go for a bit more exciting and different players than Forrest and Charles Cook though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Despite Alan Forrest and Charles Cook both having really good seasons I’m not sure I want us to go for them.

Cant help but think Charles Cook has just went on a purple patch like Connor Sammon done, he’s never had a season even remotely close to this.

A winger I have always been impressed with in our league is Joseph Hungbo though. Fast, strong and really good technically cutting in on his left foot.

I think our recruitment will go for a bit more exciting and different players than Forrest and Charles Cook though.
    Hope you're right.

I'm finding it hard to think of players I'd want us to sign because I don't really understand Maloney's 343.

It's all very well identifying wingers... but where do they fit into the way we play? We've got Cadden for the right, Doig and Mitchell for the left. Where does Mueller fit in, what about Jasper? Mueller may not have featured much but Maloney himself signed Jasper so you'd expect him to feature somewhere.

What are Maloney's plans for Clarke, given he chose to play him at LWB at the weekend, accommodating Doig at LCH and shifting Hanlon into the middle?

I don't really see why we should be identifying wingers, as they don't really fit into this way of playing.

As I see it we're needing several strikers, several number 10s and cover. The ones we have are either not up to it, young, injury prone or don't exist.

That's before we get onto replacing Porto and working out what to do with the middle of midfield.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm finding it hard to think of players I'd want us to sign because I don't really understand Maloney's 343.

It's all very well identifying wingers... but where do they fit into the way we play? We've got Cadden for the right, Doig and Mitchell for the left. Where does Mueller fit in, what about Jasper? Mueller may not have featured much but Maloney himself signed Jasper so you'd expect him to feature somewhere.

What are Maloney's plans for Clarke, given he chose to play him at LWB at the weekend, accommodating Doig at LCH and shifting Hanlon into the middle?

I don't really see why we should be identifying wingers, as they don't really fit into this way of playing.

As I see it we're needing several strikers, several number 10s and cover. The ones we have are either not up to it, young, injury prone or don't exist.

That's before we get onto replacing Porto and working out what to do with the middle of midfield.
    I don’t understand why people fret about where all the players are going to fit into a starting XI, how often do we ever have a everybody available for selection that it would ever be an issue? Heaven forbid we might have a situation where some players have to compete for their place in the team as opposed to being pretty much guaranteed to start regardless of form.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Don’t suppose we, being us, will do any of it certainly not obtaining several No 10s and strikers. Greatest team I seen at Hibs had about three of them for both. What’s wrong with youth? Let him do his job,

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I don’t understand why people fret about where all the players are going to fit into a starting XI, how often do we ever have a everybody available for selection that it would ever be an issue? Heaven forbid we might have a situation where some players have to compete for their place in the team as opposed to being pretty much guaranteed to start regardless of form.
    Totally agree.

Would also be nice to have a really strong bench at some point with players to bring on that could change a game.

One thing I found really interesting when Clarke moved to the right on Saturday was he went to right wing back and Cadden went to RCB, I thought it would have been the opposite.

Left hand side is interesting too as for me I’d have Hanlon left of the back 3 and Doig wingback however Maloney seems determined to keep Doig LCB which would make me think Mitchell plays wing back.

For me the 10’s will be Jasper and one new signing but imo it’s essential that the 10 is willing to run beyond the striker and stretch the game as that’s something we really lack.

I think Porteous will leave so could we see us with

…………………….Macey………

..…Cadden…..Hanlon…Doig….

Clarke…..Magennis…Newell…Mitchell…

………..???…………………….Jasper…….

……………………Melkersen……

For me I don’t like Cadden in a back 3 but it would suit Maloney wanting to play attacking football with him and Doig able to come out with the ball. Maybe Magennis could play one of the 10 positions as he showed earlier in the season he’s more than capable with JDH next to Newell? Although he has said he’s after a 6 so you imagine one will drop out.

For balance id much rather see

…………………….Macey………

..…Clarke…..Rocky/new signing…Hanlon

Cadden…..Magennis…Newell…Doig…

……………………Melkersen……

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Not to mention that selection will be based on who we are playing. Our best 11 against celtic wont necessarily be the same if we are playing St Mirren.

One thing I found really interesting when Clarke moved to the right on Saturday was he went to right wing back and Cadden went to RCB, I thought it would have been the opposite.

Left hand side is interesting too as for me I’d have Hanlon left of the back 3 and Doig wingback however Maloney seems determined to keep Doig LCB which would make me think Mitchell plays wing back.

For me the 10’s will be Jasper and one new signing but imo it’s essential that the 10 is willing to run beyond the striker and stretch the game as that’s something we really lack.

…………………….Macey………

……………………Melkersen……

For me I don’t like Cadden in a back 3 but it would suit Maloney wanting to play attacking football with him and Doig able to come out with the ball. Maybe Magennis could play one of the 10 positions as he showed earlier in the season he’s more than capable with JDH next to Newell? Although he has said he’s after a 6 so you imagine one will drop out.

…………………….Macey………

……………………Melkersen……
    Henderson will be the other 10.

The two players I previously felt would slot into our side were omeonga and Barrie Mckay.
    One is out of our reach now, but I still think we should be looking at stephane. Likes to have the ball and move it on quickly which maloney likes but a bit more tenacity and forward thinking than many we currently have in midfield.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar

…………………….Macey………

……………………Melkersen……

…………………….Macey………

……………………Melkersen……
    I'd have Mueller in as well I think he's got great potential

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-squad-3643805

Glad to see he shares the majority of fans opinion about where we need to strengthen and about us being more than keeping possession.

Wonder who the players he’s already met with are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I'd have Mueller in as well I think he's got great potential
    Against cove I thought he looked very promising but he’s not doing much since then imo, the odd flash here or there maybe but I want far more from him and have been a little bit dissapointed truth be told.

That said I’m willing to put that down to him playing a full MLS season then coming straight here and adapting to a new country and league.

I think (hope) we see a different animal after a good rest and pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Never heard of him, not exactly a super star then??
    Cove Rangers really going to raid one of the top leagues!!
    Harry Milne scored twice for Cove at falkirk today .

Rocky
    McGregor
    Porteous - Sold for fee
    Jasper - Hope we keep
    Scott
    Allan
    Wright
    Doidge?

All potentially/likely to be gone in the summer - lots of room for manoeuvre for whoever is in charge

Left by mutual consent!
    We need some more experienced players. The youngsters we have are nowhere near the golden generation under Mowbray.

We let Boyle and Murphy go to replace them with Jasper. Should have brought in someone like Jordan Jones too imo.
    Last edited by JamesHFC; 09-04-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Rocky
    McGregor
    Porteous - Sold for fee
    Jasper - Hope we keep
    Scott
    Allan
    Wright
    Doidge?

All potentially/likely to be gone in the summer - lots of room for manoeuvre for whoever is in charge
    We shouldn't be letting anyone go until we have someone in charge who has a clue what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    We shouldn't be letting anyone go until we have someone in charge who has a clue what they're doing.
    I would say we shouldn`t change manager until he has a chance to see what players he`ll have available next season .