hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Campbell

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What’s your job?
    What?

After asking you twice I’m going to hazard a guess that you can’t really put forward a decent defence and that’s why you’re resorting to calling people morons.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He doesn’t support anything in attack for me. He can’t pass a ball and can’t dribble. Short of potentially running up and down the pitch and just being in the vicinity then I’m not sure how he’s supporting our attack.

For me, he runs about a bit. He gets beat far too easy one-on-one, is a terrible passer, constantly wants to offload the ball back the way (probably because he’s such a poor passer) and offers nothing going forward.
    Can’t pass a ball? Clueless.

If you’re so clued up then you’ll be able to tell all us clueless reactionary morons what we’re not seeing then?
    Don’t flatter yourself.

What?

After asking you twice I’m going to hazard a guess that you can’t really put forward a decent defence and that’s why you’re resorting to calling people morons.
    I think you are really terrible at your job. Your workplace would improve massively if they got rid of you. Just my opinion. If you think Josh Campbell is a terrible passer of a football you simply don’t watch the game.

Btw most on here would start joe newell over Campbell If I’m gauging this correct?

Played 19
    Zero goals
    2 assists.

I’ve seen newell give the ball away a lot as well.
    Plus 5 yellows to Josh’s 4 in less games.

Currently hiding in the treatment room again.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t pass a ball? Clueless.

Your ability to defend him whilst not putting forward any sort of defence of him is admirable.

He doesn’t support anything in attack for me. He can’t pass a ball and can’t dribble. Short of potentially running up and down the pitch and just being in the vicinity then I’m not sure how he’s supporting our attack.

For me, he runs about a bit. He gets beat far too easy one-on-one, is a terrible passer, constantly wants to offload the ball back the way (probably because he’s such a poor passer) and offers nothing going forward.
    3 assists pal,currently out performing most of our midfield.

@hibs.net private member
    I think you are really terrible at your job. Your workplace would improve massively if they got rid of you. Just my opinion. If you think Josh Campbell is a terrible passer of a football you simply don’t watch the game.
    What a strange post.

That would work if you knew anything about me, had watched me doing my job and had god knows how many other people to compare me doing my job who are doing a similar role to me.

As it is, your posts are all just a bit strange.

If you think Josh Campbell is a good passer of the ball then you simply do not watch the game.

Anyway, I’m not going to get into a debate with you as your defence of him seems to be based purely on slagging other posters.

Your ability to defend him whilst not putting forward any sort of defence of him is admirable.
    Imagine defending our players.

What a strange post.

That would work if you knew anything about me, had watched me doing my job and had god knows how many other people to compare me doing my job who are doing a similar role to me.

If you think Josh Campbell is a good passer of the ball then you simply do not watch the game.

Anyway, I’m not going to get into a debate with you as your defence of him seems to be based purely on slagging other posters.
    There is not a debate. You’ve slagged a player off with zero evidence. There was a thread only last week saying how good he had been in the last few games. Did you add to that?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Surprised he got away without getting a thread created.

Someone was saying to me today that kelty were supposedly sniffing about at the start of the season and unfortunately that’s probably his level.

I watched him quite a bit today and the amount of times he hid behind a st J player in the middle of the park was mental. At times there was huge gaps he could’ve moved into to pick the ball up but decided not to move and instead point at everyone else.

I know he probably wouldn’t be near the team if we were at full fitness but he should be doing a lot more now he’s getting a chance. Genuinely like a man down
    Quality. Not great yesterday but very good and motm against Celtic.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Btw most on here would start joe newell over Campbell If I’m gauging this correct?

Played 19
    Zero goals
    2 assists.

I’ve seen newell give the ball away a lot as well.
    Plus 5 yellows to Josh’s 4 in less games.

Currently hiding in the treatment room again.
    “Statistics are just a bit of information that we have, but there are players that make the team play good and are not in the statistics…It’s how you play if you perform to your maximum, to your best, help your team-mates to make the process defensively and offensively better, that is enough. Thanks to that we are going to win."
    - Pep Guardiola

Your eyes must be painted on if you think Newell replacing Campbell wouldn’t improve our team.

What a strange post.

I see you are also saying Henderson is rubbish too. So I’m going to suggest your ability to comment on footballers is massively flawed. Have a good weekend.

Jake Doyle-Hayes

28 matches played
    2 goals
    0 assists
    9 yellows

Josh Campbell

21 matches played
    1 goal
    3 assists
    4 yellows

Joe Newell

19 matches played
    0 goals
    2 assists
    5 yellows

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Did he not play a blinder last week and was getting praised all over the shop?
    Yep man of the match against the league leaders.

Tries his heart out, runs about, but his technical ability is so far away from what we need. Does a job in our bigger games putting himself about, but games like today he’s lost. His attempted 5 yard pass to the left wing second half that missed its target by miles summed it up.

@hibs.net private member
    I see you are also saying Henderson is rubbish too. So I’m going to suggest your ability to comment on footballers is massively flawed. Have a good weekend.
    Are you still talking about me rather than football?

We are currently 4th in the league but in terms of points are only 1 point closer to 3rd than we are to the bottom. I think that's a pretty fair reflection of our results and performances across the entire season. With our next 3 games against 2 teams in that bunch flitting between top and bottom 6 and then Hearts I would say our top 6 hopes are very much in the balance and I'd lean towards saying we might just miss out.

If our arpirations as a club are to close that gap on 3rd and indeed overhaul it then I think we need to be honest about where we are as a squad. I think that means that we are going to have to go out and sign 2 midfielders, as starters. That in turn means the likes of Doyle-Hayes, Newell and Campbell dropping down the pecking order. Is anyone really going to be that upset if that's the case? I'm doubtful many will be shedding tears.

If I was envisaging Campbell in 2 or 3 years would it be at a resurgent Aberdeen or Dundee Utd battling us for 3rd or plugging away like Halberg and Martin at the likes of St Johnstone, Hamilton or Dundee. He's not a terrible player but he's not a player who has you battling for 3rd place either.

Coaching Staff
    Not the most positive thread I’ve seen, but a salutary lesson perhaps for those who howl that ‘we should give the kids a go, they can’t do any worse’

Josh, wouldn’t be a regular starter in the first 11 at the moment if everybody was fit and surely would have been rested by now.

But he is thrown into the fray because he is seen as the best option available in these troubled times.

I’d cut him a bit slack before writing him off…young players tend to be hot and cold in their early games, and I’m sure after a spell, he’ll come back a better player.

I feel sorry for him. He’s a Hibs supporter, he wants to do well, he tries his best but he’s just not got it. He looks scared to get on the ball at times and has a habit of putting us in trouble by giving the ball away in dangerous areas because he’s playing an negative pass.

I can’t believe we thought he was worth a three year deal.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    It's a strange one.

Most agree he's played well against the Old Firm, including me.

However, against the so called "lesser teams" where we are expected to win or at least have the bulk of the possession he doesn't contribute an awful lot in terms of positive play.

I was surprised when he got a three year extension but I don't think it's a huge financial gamble as he won't be earning that much.

He just might be a late developer, time will tell.

He's got a good physique and a good engine but no doubt needs to improve and show more.

Maybe next season when surely we will be stronger a spell in the B team might help him.

Bottom line is I haven't a clue how it will pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Don’t flatter yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Not the most positive thread I’ve seen, but a salutary lesson perhaps for those who howl that ‘we should give the kids a go, they can’t do any worse’

Josh, wouldn’t be a regular starter in the first 11 at the moment if everybody was fit and surely would have been rested by now.

But he is thrown into the fray because he is seen as the best option available in these troubled times.

I’d cut him a bit slack before writing him off…young players tend to be hot and cold in their early games, and I’m sure after a spell, he’ll come back a better player.
    Sensible post.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He’d not get a game at any other SPL team. He’s way way out of his depth at this level.

I get why folk are defending him, and I agree that slating him doesn’t actually achieve anything, but folk aren’t doing it because they don’t like him. He could be the nicest guy in the world. Great, good for him. He’s been ****ing terrible on the pitch. Aye, he did well running about and harassing Celtc, and we got a good result. So what though? That happens loads when teams play against better sides. I’ve seen teams do it against us. It doesn’t mean you’re a great player.

If he was playing in League 2, we’d not even be looking at him as a potential signing.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    “Statistics are just a bit of information that we have, but there are players that make the team play good and are not in the statistics…It’s how you play if you perform to your maximum, to your best, help your team-mates to make the process defensively and offensively better, that is enough. Thanks to that we are going to win."
    - Pep Guardiola

Your eyes must be painted on if you think Newell replacing Campbell wouldn’t improve our team.
    Aye but I think he’s playing well,and his stats compare favourably against his central partners.

The stats were put up because one guy thinks he doesn’t help hee haw in attack,he has 3 assists that’s more than JDH and newell added together.

He has created 3 goals for us.

One was an absolute peach of a cross to the back stick.

He breaks up play but has less yellow cards than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

Good post agree with that.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Campbell will never be a player who starts if everyone is fit, lets not kid ourselves on, he is not good enough to play for a team who wants to be finishing 3rd or 4th each season and the club have stated they want to be best of the rest, the ball he gave away for a corner yesterday is just typical of his play, played well against celtic and that cant be disputed before the resident football coach comes back. Will always back him during a game though as it does no good to have a pop and potentially make him play worse

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Good post agree with that.
    Agree.

Josh isn't a terrible or a bad player, he's just not at the level of player we need, he's a bit of a late bloomer but still making serious errors in judgement almost leading to another goal yesterday, he's a bit like Stanton, Scott Martin, Gullan and a few others, he'll make a decent living but at a lower level than us, questions need to be asked as to why he got a long term deal.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Care to tell us what Campbell brings to the table if that’s the case? Other than trying I don’t think most of us can see it.
    Maybe you could tell us how being slating on here on here most weeks helps the guy.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Maybe you could tell us how being slating on here on here most weeks helps the guy.
    It doesn’t. It’s not a new thing in football for fans to praise the players who do well, and criticise the ones who don’t though.