hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't lose today you know?
    That’s a very low bar you’re setting there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think he’s pretty much nailed on to get the January window to try and sort it. Only way I can see that changing is if he doesn’t get another win between now and then.
    Ben likes Jack and I you would expect work is well underway to identify abs bring in new players.

Though history tells us that January is usually short term loans rather than long term signings. Ok we have Mueller but we need more and I expect a few to move on to create space.

I think the contracts of new players will surely add some stability rather than worry. Thought JDH has been back to his better level of performances recently. But I get the new contract and get comfortable situation but what we need is competition for places and we don’t have enough of that - hence why the same team nearly plays every week.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Jack Ross must be under pressure now

4 points from 24 available is a very poor run

More defeats than wins and a negative goal difference after 15 games isn’t great. I agree we have a good team, I feel they could be utilised better though. Season tickets will be the lowest we have had in years next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    That’s a very low bar you’re setting there.
    Not really. If Campbell scores instead of hitting underside of bar you'd have to find something else to moan about. Fine margins between. Net meltdown and great result. That's standard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    More defeats than wins and a negative goal difference after 15 games isn’t great. I agree we have a good team, I feel they could be utilised better though. Season tickets will be the lowest we have had in years next season.
    If we win the league Cup and start turning performances into results, we'll sell plenty. Far too early for claims like that.

Not really. If Campbell scores instead of hitting underside of bar you'd have to find something else to moan about. Fine margins between. Net meltdown and great result. That's standard though.
    If. Big word that. Folk aren’t just reacting to the game today, are they?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Any manager in the SPL would be under pressure in the same circumstances, not just at Hibs. This is a poor league and such a run isn't good enough. As I said, we have several of the weaker teams coming up, so let's see how it goes. He needs a couple of wins from somewhere at this point.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I though Josh Campbell had his best game today . Perhaps other young players might be the answer to save his skin. If we hit xmas without any wins I think its goodbye.
    That said we have been very very unlucky not to win tday

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    We didn't lose today you know?
    Did not win either tho. Pressure surely has to be building?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If. Big word that. Folk aren’t just reacting to the game today, are they?
    It's not a big word. Their goal woodwork and in, our shot woodwork and out. You think a manager should be binned on that?

What else are they reacting to? Results from weeks and months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Dont think you have mentioned it before now
    Until we are out of this mess, it will keep on getting mentioned.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    It's not a big word. Their goal woodwork and in, our shot woodwork and out. You think a manager should be binned on that?

Probably reacting to 4 points out of 24 available most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Until we are out of this mess, it will keep on getting mentioned.
    Yeah, what on earth are you going to post about when we turn this round?

If’s don’t keep you in jobs though, results do.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

You make a good point and it’s back to those fine margins that folk hate so much.

I will say I understand where the angst is coming from, JR needs to start winning games again. European qualification is looking like a long shot at the minute which is a poor place to be given the base we had to build from.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If’s don’t keep you in jobs though, results do.
    Na, good results just keep miserable folk quiet until you get a few bad ones.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Here we go. Change the manager, let's go again, hire and fire. The way it's always been done at Hibs. Why keep doing the same things and expect different results? Pay compensation to the former employee, pay compensation to the new employee's club. Less money for new players, have a clear out and start again. I am sick of that carry-on. Why not stick for once and see what happens. Things can change quickly in football the club could be cup winners in a couple of weeks. Persevere.

You know fine we’ll that folk aren’t just basing their opinions on JR from today. You might not agree with the views of others but you know they haven’t formed them based on today. And those views are why we’re currently playing in a half empty stadium.

It’s a results driven business, if we take another 4 from our next 24 available points he be gone. We should be taking at least 7 points from our next 3 games though.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

'If' has been doing quite a lot of work in these discussions for a while now.

We have won just 2 of our last 9 league games and more worryingly we've lost 6 out of those 9. A look at the Flashscores form guide over the last ten games puts us bottom of the league with only 8 points from a possible 30 and a goal difference in that period showing us conceding twice what we have scored.

Like opinion polls in politics what we should really be worrying about is the trend, not the individual snapshot. The trend is terrible and 'coulda, shoulda' doesn't get us away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You make a good point and it’s back to those fine margins that folk hate so much.

I will say I understand where the angst is coming from, JR needs to start winning games again. European qualification is looking like a long shot at the minute which is a poor place to be given the base we had to build from.
    We have 3 very winnable games in the next 10 days. 7 or 9 points and we're right in for euro spots. Far too early mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I thought Ross reacted well to the situation today.

We could have been dead and buried after half an hour. He made a proactive change and we were the better side from then on.

I'm still in the camp of not really being that bothered about him staying or going. I'm not sure today pushed me any further towards wanting a change though.

I'm with you on this, thought they had a good few chances until Ross changed it and we got the goal against the run of play and a good goal it was too. They had a right decent go at them in the 2nd and Watt's goal was a very good strike although some poor defending to allow him it. We really are in need of a win and I'm like you, not fussed if he stays or goes, I feel we need a lot of investment in this team, it's all very well giving out longer contacts to younger players but we need quality in now, far too many just not good enough. The one bright spark for me is the emergence of Campbell over the past few weeks.

Without stating the obvious, the LC Final is massive for Ross, not just in terms of pulling off a win against the odds, but how we perform on the day as well.

I was pleasantly surprised at the semi-final display as I thought he would start really cautious, but that's maybe the best first half of football I've seen from a Hibs team at Hampden.

Fast forward ten days or so against the same opponents as the SF, and to my mind he reverts to type and looks to be happy with a draw until the late sucker-punch, which then leads to him (rightly in my view) getting flak for the lateness of his subs. Frustrating doesn't cover it, and then he compounds it with his standard emotionless post-match interview.

Today we started the same; lethargic, side-to-side passing with a defence that looks like it'll leak a goal at any time, and while the second half was better, you can't keep bemoaning bad luck because we've not won a game at home now since September, and that bluntly is relegation form.

The recruitment has been poor and it's well documented that the club are p1ssed off too, and the blame for that was put on Mathie, which might well be the case, but the recruitment has been patchy at the club for the last 4 or 5 seasons; we seem to want to run with the bare minimum of a squad, especially in the forward areas. the whole culture of the club seems still to be based on operating on a totally risk-averse model, and that certainly appears to be the way we operate in the transfer market.

For example, there's a great fanfare around the boy Mueller now arrived in the UK and training with the club -what was wrong with paying a fee and bringing him in in August? - As for the loan signings of Scott and Wood, the least said about these two particular bits of business, the better.

So I really hope we defy the odds and win the League Cup in two weeks time,but i'd say at the moment we'll travel more in hope than expectation; and he's got to win the next three league games to try and generate some positivity around the place, and he's got the perfect opportunity to do that with the teams he's facing, but he's got to let the team off the leash from the start of matches if he's going to come close to achieving that.
    Last edited by Scotty Leither; 04-12-2021 at 05:51 PM.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Is that you jack fine margins and all that.

The football being played is OK. The summer transfer window was not good. Win the cup and Jack Ross is a hero. I think there are problems with aspects of our play in transitioning. Players need to show better positioning when we have the ball and finding space and being available. Thought we did well at Hampden in these aspects of play but need to be at that level every week. The January transfer window needs to be very good and I think he wiil get to the end of the season. Anything less than 4th is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Hearts sitting pretty in 3rd have won how many games more than us? I seriously hope Jack doesn't do social media and read any of this drivel or he'll be away the first chance he gets.
    He's got us to another final and fans want rid because of a bad league run, when will you ever learn.

I like Jack Ross. Perhaps there’s other things we should change at the club that we dont see or think about?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I like Jack Ross. Perhaps there’s other things we should change at the club that we dont see or think about?
    I like him too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I don’t want him gone. Not because I particularly rate him, I’ve never felt he’s more than an OK manager. The board clearly do rate him, have allowed him to extend the contracts of a decent number of the squad (and are trying with others) and intend backing him in the January window. Not from what I understand with suggestions from the recruitment team, but players he has specifically targeted. To allow him to do that then get rid of him would be a bad decision imo.

I think ultimately it will be the reduction in attendances that will be his downfall. I was there today, 3 season ticket holders who sit beside me weren’t. That wasn’t down to it being December or due to COVID.