hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar

Buying tickets for those who can’t.

Is there any way to put together an initiative where those who can buy tickets for the cup final for those who can’t afford to? It’s been such a terrible couple of years. No Hibs fan should not be able to attend due to finances. It’s a tight deadline, but would be great if the Hibs.net hive mind could come up with something.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Kristopher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any way to put together an initiative where those who can buy tickets for the cup final for those who can’t afford to? It’s been such a terrible couple of years. No Hibs fan should not be able to attend due to finances. It’s a tight deadline, but would be great if the Hibs.net hive mind could come up with something.
    Great shout. Well said. And it shouldn't just be for the cup final - in fact, was there not something similar for league games a while back, or am I making that up?

Leith Links do this for league games - they buy up season tickets and distribute them to local schools/charities/youth groups.

I’m sure there would be excellent backing for an initiative to help get some of the kids they support and/or the Community Foundation along to the final but it would probably need to be sorted quickly and would need someone to lead on it with the ticket office/club.

That’s a great idea.

Think there should be something set up for games at week at ER too or not sure if unused ST holders tickets can be donated for others to use if the ST gave permission.

As I said in the original post, the deadline is tight for the final, so it may not work out. Indeed, I don't have clarity on how to put this together on both ends of the equation.

Though even if it's not something we can turn around for the final, it would be nice to have an option for fans to donate in this way.

I would be keen to know how many would purchase tickets for fans who want to be at games but just can't.

I'd happily do some graft on this...but for now, I want to take the temperature. Who would do this, and how often could you commit to an extra 1 or 2 tickets per season?

(Please don't comment if you think those in this situation need to be better with their finances, there may be an element to this, but this is not the space for this).
    Last edited by St.Kristopher; 03-12-2021 at 10:45 PM.

As I said in the original post, the deadline is tight for the final, so it may not work out. Indeed, I don't have clarity on how to put this together on both ends of the equation.

Though even if it's not something we can turn around for the final, it would be nice to have an option for fans to donate in this way.

I would be keen to know how many would purchase tickets for fans who want to be at games but just can't.

I'd happily do some graft on this...but for now, I want to take the temperature. Who would do this, and how often could you commit to an extra 1 or 2 tickets a season?

(Please don't comment if you think those in this situation need to be better with their finances, there may be an element to this, but this is not the space for this).
    It’s superb of you to push this but don’t want you to be giving yourself excess work when Leith Links already have the infrastructure in place to allow fans to contribute towards tickets for families who are less fortunate and perhaps can’t afford to purchase tickets themselves.

Leith Links buy a block of season tickets from the club at the start of each season and donate them weekly to organisations who pass them on to deserving kids and their families. Fans can donate by one off payment or monthly direct debit to the Kicks for Kids fund which is used to buy the season tickets each year.

Their website is here and includes details on how to make a one off donation or set up a regular monthly payment towards the season ticket fund:

https://leithlinks4kids.com/ways-to-donate/

For a cup final specific drive the best place to start would be Susan at Leith Links or the Community Foundation who will already have the payment systems in place for fans to make donations and the contacts in the local community to distribute any tickets purchased effectively. They’ll also be able to liaise with the club to see if it would work logistically with the timeframes and the fact the remaining cup final tickets are live and on sale now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    It’s superb of you to push this but don’t want you to be giving yourself excess work when Leith Links already have the infrastructure in place to allow fans to contribute towards tickets for families who are less fortunate and perhaps can’t afford to purchase tickets themselves.

Leith Links buy a block of season tickets from the club at the start of each season and donate them weekly to organisations who pass them on to deserving kids and their families. Fans can donate by one off payment or monthly direct debit to the Kicks for Kids fund which is used to buy the season tickets each year.

Their website is here and includes details on how to make a one off donation or set up a regular monthly payment towards the season ticket fund:

https://leithlinks4kids.com/ways-to-donate/

For a cup final specific drive the best place to start would be Susan at Leith Links or the Community Foundation who will already have the payment systems in place for fans to make donations and the contacts in the local community to distribute any tickets purchased effectively. They’ll also be able to liaise with the club to see if it would work logistically with the timeframes and the fact the remaining cup final tickets are live and on sale now.
    Thanks for this. That sounds great. I neither wish to step on toes or work any harder than I do 😉.

Are there many others who would contribute to tickets to the cup final. I'd happily get in touch with Susan (offer support) and see what can be done?
    Last edited by St.Kristopher; 03-12-2021 at 11:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for this. That sounds great. I neither wish to step on toes or work any harder than I do 😉.

Are there many others who would contribute to tickets to the cup final. I'd happily get in touch with Susan (offer support) and see what can be done?
    I would happily pay for a ticket for someone to attend the cup final