hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hanlon Stevenson Foundation. Big News… Sauzee Returns

Hi folks,

First off, thanks to Matty and the admin team for giving us (The Hanlon Stevenson Foundation) permission to post. We're conscious not everyone is on social media and are keen to highlight HSF's work in the local community and show where your donations are being put to good use.

As part of the arrangement that led to the two new HSF banners in the West Stand, Adam and the media team at Hibs will also be helping to promote activities and fundraisers on a regular basis.

HSF 4-16 Prize Draw

The monthly prize draws are important to our fundraising and a great chance to get your hands on some unique Hibs-themed items. They run from the 4th to the 16th each month.

This time around we have a framed photo of the Scotland team who took in Peru (28/5/2018), signed by Lewis Stevenson. The game marked his one and only appearance for Scotland, so far...

You can take part by donating £10 via our Virgin Money Giving page. If you wish to donate more, then you're name will go into the draw for every £10 donated. If you want to ensure you're included in every monthly prize draw, you can set up a monthly donation by clicking the 'pay monthly' option here.

In recent weeks and months, we've been able to support the Hibs team participating in this year's autism league, help homeless charity Steps To Hope after they were left short by the cancellation of an unofficial Hibs-themed event, and donated four defibrillators to local clubs. We were also excited to launch the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation Scholarship Programme. Our first inductee is 17-year-old Malek Zaid, who has made a promising start to life in the Academy at HTC.

If you ever have any questions about HSF, your best bet is to email Graeme Cadger (HSF chairman) via graeme@hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk, while we're also active on social media - Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Retweets/shares of our posts are always appreciated and it really helps spread the word.

Thank you, as ever, for the support and hopefully one of you gets lucky with the prize draw.

HSF

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Top work

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Superb organisation, doing really positive things..well worth supporting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Top work from 2 of my favourite Hibs players, and the committee behind this

Brilliant stuff

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Great stuff. It's good to see the club & the social media sites lending their support.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Good update and great work. Looks like I need to set up another d/d...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks folks.

If there are ever any questions, we're pretty accessible.

HSF

Hi folks,

Just wanted to flag up that there are still some tickets left for tomorrow's 1991 Skol Cup-winning team reunion event, available here. We're the official charity partners for the night, and there will be a limited edition Lewis Stevenson 500 shirt as part of the auction - with all proceeds going back to HSF.

The organisers have pushed the start time back until 8.30pm to give those going to Dingwall a chance to attend. Appreciate that might still be a bit tight for those travelling up the road.

While we're at it, Lewis and Paul have now amassed 1000 first-team appearances between them for the club. Knowing the pair of them, they'd be the first to bat away any individual attention or recognition, but we thought their latest landmark was worth mentioning.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support of the foundation's efforts.

A quick update from our end, folks.

This month's 4-16 Prize Draw is a special one. We're giving away the new Hibernian third strip - signed by Lewis Stevenson, Paul Hanlon and The Proclaimers.

To take part, donate £10 via our Virgin Money Giving page. If you wish to contribute more then your name will go into the draw for every £10 donated. You can enter up until midnight on the 16th.

Since our last post, we were grateful to benefit from the raffle at the recent 1991 Skol Cup-winning team reunion event and pleased to support one of our partners - the fantastic Street Soccer Scotland - at their annual dinner.

Thank you, as ever, for the support. Lewis, Paul and the team of volunteers are thankful for it.

A quick update from our end, folks.

We've replaced our monthly draw with the HSF Bonus Ball. We were on the look-out for 59 supporters to set up a £10-a-month direct debit to support our activities. You're then allocated a number from 1-59.

There's a monthly winner, which will be the holder of the National Lottery Bonus Ball drawn on the last Saturday of each month.

Our thanks to the 34 supports who have signed up so far. We've 25 places left and subscribers will have first option to purchase two tickets for any of our events. We've plans for an event in the first half of 2022 that you won't want to miss...

The HSF Bonus Ball prize for December is an Orlando City shirt signed by our new signing, Chris Mueller.

If you're keen to get involved, please contact graeme@hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk.

Worth keeping an eye on our social media channels at 6pm tomorrow for some exciting news.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter

Owen Wright's graphic is as much as we can share right now - bit.ly/3ewYcv4.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Hi
    Been trying to reach you on FB and Twitter about how to one-off donate (your Virgin Money link appears to be closed)
    but no one gets back.
    If you’re there, let me know.

Ta
    S

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi
    Been trying to reach you on FB and Twitter about how to one-off donate (your Virgin Money link appears to be closed)
    but no one gets back.
    If you’re there, let me know.

Ta
    S
    That's very generous of you, thanks. If you email graeme@hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk he'll be able to sort that out.

Oooo la la. Mon Dieu!!!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    If its anything to do with Sauzee you're going to have ALOT of ecstatic Hibees! IF it is, it bloody better be filmed/streamed live for us living abroad!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HanlonStevenson View Post
    That's very generous of you, thanks. If you email graeme@hanlonstevensonfoundation.co.uk he'll be able to sort that out.
    Thanks.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Thanks.
    Well done IP

Hi folks,

Hopefully by now most people have heard the news. We're so excited to be able to confirm that we'll be hosting a dinner with Franck Sauzee for the benefit of the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation.

Franck previously agreed to become an HSF ambassador and had hoped to make the trip a lot sooner. So we're all looking forward to making up for lost time.

We're hoping to be in a position to confirm exact details soon, so your best bet is to keep an eye on our social media channels (links below) and I'll make sure there are updates posted on here.

On a personal note, Graeme Cadger deserves a lot of credit for making this happen. He'd never take any credit himself, but he's the driving force behind HSF and this was one he didn't give up on. Think it's fair to say we're all delighted he persevered, as Franck's return to the Hibernian fold is long overdue. Graeme was aided in his endeavours by Alex McLeish, who has maintained a close relationship with Franck over the years.

It's going to be some night.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Well done to Graeme for making this happen, absolutely outstanding.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Hi folks,

Hopefully by now most people have heard the news. We're so excited to be able to confirm that we'll be hosting a dinner with Franck Sauzee for the benefit of the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation.

Franck previously agreed to become an HSF ambassador and had hoped to make the trip a lot sooner. So we're all looking forward to making up for lost time.

We're hoping to be in a position to confirm exact details soon, so your best bet is to keep an eye on our social media channels (links below) and I'll make sure there are updates posted on here.

On a personal note, Graeme Cadger deserves a lot of credit for making this happen. He'd never take any credit himself, but he's the driving force behind HSF and this was one he didn't give up on. Think it's fair to say we're all delighted he persevered, as Franck's return to the Hibernian fold is long overdue. Graeme was aided in his endeavours by Alex McLeish, who has maintained a close relationship with Franck over the years.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    great stuff, well done to everyone involved 👏👏

Hi folks,

Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Fantastic news.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I felt a wave of emotion when Franck started speaking and mentioned the Hibees fans. That’s going to be some night when we welcome Le God back into the bosom of the Hibernian family.

Brilliant from all concerned, I just hope there is a vegan option on the scran front

Can someone explain to me why Sauzee has been away for so long? Is it all to do with his time as manager?

@hibs.net private member
    Tickets for this are going to be like gold dust. I can’t wait for the greatest player I’ve saw wear a Hibs jersey return to Edinburgh.
    Last edited by lucky; 01-01-2022 at 10:46 AM.

I think he'll be blown away by how much affection we still have for him all these years later. What an absolutely exquisite footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think he'll be blown away by how much affection we still have for him all these years later. What an absolutely exquisite footballer.
    So much mentioning of players being Rolls Royce FS wrote the manual

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Perfectly summed up, Sauzee was class, that goal at the piggery, smashed in from 25/30 yards still remember it like it was yesterday, his header v hearts when he lost a tooth, the 6-2 game, some great memories from a great player

Stay Franck , ambassadorial role at least.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Franckie says Relax :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.