hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beaton

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely. I honestly think it's so harsh and you very rarely see a sending off like that. Typical Beaton though, probably wants to be the discussion point and have all eyes on him.
    Point is tho he wasn't sent off for the clap - he just received a yellow for it. However, having already received a yellow, he was sent packing

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Point is tho he wasn't sent off for the clap - he just received a yellow for it. However, having already received a yellow, he was sent packing
    It’s a booking, and when you’re already on a yellow it’s stupidity to do that.

It’s like kicking the ball away. Harsh to be sent off for it but you know it’s a booking every day of the week.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t think the second yellow was harsh in the slightest, it was unbelievably stupid from a player already on a booking.

You’re never not going to get booked for sarcastically clapping a decision the way he did.

Wasn’t a penalty though I don’t think.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    ****ing joke of a ref. Hun season ticket holder and a cheat
    Think you're confusing him with Bobby Madden. Rumours that he was a rangers ST holder before his refereeing days. Most likely nonsense of course

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Think you're confusing him with Bobby Madden. Rumours that he was a rangers ST holder before his refereeing days. Most likely nonsense of course
    Madden is usually a decent referee, unlike Beaton.

I think the first time I heard the season ticket comment about Beaton was when he sent Handling off at Ibrox.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Now I've watched spoetscene it's an even more baffling penalty

I think the ball would have hit mccarts body if his arm wasn't across it

I reckon Beaton incorrectly think it strikes his outstretched right arm instead

Not too dissimilar to the penalty killie got against us at rugby park when lennon lost the plot

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 27-09-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I'm not convinced. Was in by his side and fired at him from pretty close.
    Never a penalty, not in 1 trillion light years. Will take it though.

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    All Maddens family are Rangers supporters as is he

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    The penalty which we got happened right in front of me, his arms were up but in front of his body, it was a close range shot which would have hit his chest if his arm wasn’t there. With the penalty rule as it is now, it’s so hard for players to know what to do with their arms.

On the whole, Beaton managed to upset both sets of fans, so it’s probably a good day at the office in his eyes.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    The penalty which we got happened right in front of me, his arms were up but in front of his body, it was a close range shot which would have hit his chest if his arm wasn’t there. With the penalty rule as it is now, it’s so hard for players to know what to do with their arms.

On the whole, Beaton managed to upset both sets of fans, so it’s probably a good day at the office in his eyes.
    He should have let the ball hit his body then and got his arm out of the way. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref got it spot on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    He should have let the ball hit his body then and got his arm out of the way. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref got it spot on.
    You could well be right. Here is recent clarification of the laws around handball ..

Following this clarification, it is a handball offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;
    touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or
    scores in the opponents’ goal:
    directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or
    immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.
    Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.”

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One of the most baffling refereeing performances for some time

Seemed totally oblivious to what was going on half the time and later on allowed the players (mostly Hibs) to referee the game for him after originally missing incidents and thenn reacting to protests / shouts

Terrible terrible performance

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    It wasn't a penalty looking back on slow-mo replays but I can see why it was given in real time.

We've had these handball rules go against us as well and the media never kicked up a fuss then. The one against McGinn v Celtic and the one against Porteous v Killie and he Huns at home when we should have had a pen.

I think it is the way things are nowadays, any handball contact is going to be claimed by players and any handball contact in the box runs the risk of a pen no matter if arms are by side or in front of body. Thing is, if Boyles shot didn't hit McCarts arm and therefore it hits his body, whose to say the shot might not be deflected on it's way goalward.
    I didn't comment on Allen's one earlier for some reason but I think that is one Beaton did get wrong. Anywhere else on pitch it's a foul. At least for obstruction.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenityGreen View Post
    I didn't comment on Allen's one earlier for some reason but I think that is one Beaton did get wrong. Anywhere else on pitch it's a foul. At least for obstruction.
    Obstruction is almost never given these days and if it was, it would be an indirect free kick in the box rather than a penalty.

I do think that one was a good claim though, not for obstruction but as I remember it the defender stood on his foot.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont know what is or what's not handball anymore.

@hibs.net private member
    I do business with John Beaton on occasion and I can confirm he’s not a Rangers fan and certainly on a ST holder. Yesterday he had a poor game. I think a few decisions were dodgey and could have been given the other way. Refs like players have bad games it’s human nature.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I do business with John Beaton on occasion and I can confirm he’s not a Rangers fan and certainly on a ST holder. Yesterday he had a poor game. I think a few decisions were dodgey and could have been given the other way. Refs like players have bad games it’s human nature.
    Would he admit he was a Rangers fan

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Now I've watched spoetscene it's an even more baffling penalty

I think the ball would have hit mccarts body if his arm wasn't across it

I reckon Beaton incorrectly think it strikes his outstretched right arm instead

Not too dissimilar to the penalty killie got against us at rugby park when lennon lost the plot

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I have a lot of sympathy with the referees as calls like this are not easy. I dont like the current rule and think it should be deliberate handball that is a foul, not an unavoidable hitting of an arm

Game's gone soft if that's a penalty. I'll take it though.
    We've been on the wrong end so many times we deserve it.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Think a lot of the accusations that he’s a Rangers fan comes from the photos of him in a Rangers pub after an Old Firm game.

He's hardly going to advertise the fact to folk if he is a Rangers fan.

I actually think Madden is pretty decent, by Scottish refereeing standard, Beaton is one of the worst.

[QUOTE=nonshinyfinish;6707207]Obstruction is almost never given these days and if it was, it would be an indirect free kick in the box rather than a penalty.

Ye agree, as soon as I typed I thought I do not recall any instances of obstruction being given nowadays. And, I am aware it is an indirect free kick. either way I do think it was a foul.

My son pointed out to me that Beaton moved in a square between the 18 yard lines never going near the touchlines
    If he had got closer to dome of the incidents perhaps his decisions might have been different.
    I know that referees run a diagonal when the game is going on but he as said never seemed to move out of that area which suggests lazy refereeing.
    Perhaps the referee supervisor will have put these comments to the Higher ups but as nothing is ever done about Clancy,Dallas and I don't think anything will happen