hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaton

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both were in front of me and I agree that McCart got the ball, but it certainly looked like Nisbet touched the ball before being brought down by Clark. For obvious reasons there wasn't a replay on the big screen.

Maybe someone watching on Alba will be able to clarify what happened?
    I saw the replay and Clark missed the ball and took Nisbets foot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    It was right in front of me in the FFU and I never thought it was a penalty. In fact, I had time to see the ball strike the Saints player, see the Hibs players appealed and look across to see Beaton still in a crouching position before blowing - it took seconds, surely you know straight away if it's handball

Watched the replay and his arm is up slightly and it hits it stopping the shot which by current rules, I believe, is a penalty. Harsh though it is.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Watched the replay and his arm is up slightly and it hits it stopping the shot which by current rules, I believe, is a penalty. Harsh though it is.
    Was McCarts first booking for dissent after the penalty decision as well?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    It was right in front of me in the FFU and I never thought it was a penalty. In fact, I had time to see the ball strike the Saints player, see the Hibs players appealed and look across to see Beaton still in a crouching position before blowing - it took seconds, surely you know straight away if it's handball
    In the FF too and my initial thought was it wasnt a penalty. Not seen it back yet. Im taking it tho 😄

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Was McCarts first booking for dissent after the penalty decision as well?
    Might have been for the hand ball but looked more like it was for what he said to the ref. He was saying it hit his elbow (strange argument because that counts as hand ball) and then pointing towards the ref and saying something. Yellow was probably deserved for that but the 2nd was a bit harsh. I didn't know sarcastic clapping was a bookable offence.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    In the FF too and my initial thought was it wasnt a penalty. Not seen it back yet. Im taking it tho 😄
    Put it like this, you would have been livid if that was given against you, Nisbet's up at the other end of the ground looked a clearer penalty!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    For me it was a penalty.

In any case, we had 3 penalty claims - all softish but valid, therefore we deserved the one we got if you add them up.

Works for me anyway.

Might have been for the hand ball but looked more like it was for what he said to the ref. He was saying it hit his elbow and then pointing towards the ref and saying something. Yellow was probably deserved for that but the 2nd was a bit harsh. I didn't know sarcastic clapping was a bookable offence.
    I think the 2nd booking was well deserved, it is ultimately dissent.

It does highlight inconsistency though because it came about 5 minutes after Cadden had been right in the linesmans face for not flagging for a foul (which it should have been), shouted at Beaton then going back for a 2nd go at the linesman. He wasn't booked.

I'll take they decisions all day when they are in our favour but no wonder managers, players and fans get frustrated.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Hits McCart's elbow, but his other arm's out-stretched, Beaton perhaps sees the right arm sticking out and a ball bouncing off McCart, assumes it's hit the right arm, and awards the penalty.

Harsh, but given that we probably could have had two in the 1st Half, let's just say that these things even themselves out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I thought that he waited because he was listening to the linesman talking to him, through his earpiece. Still think it was the linesman who gave the penalty and not him.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Hits McCart's elbow, but his other arm's out-stretched, Beaton perhaps sees the right arm sticking out and a ball bouncing off McCart, assumes it's hit the right arm, and awards the penalty.

Harsh, but given that we probably could have had two in the 1st Half, let's just say that these things even themselves out.
    That is my take on it too, his right arm is out, ball hits his left arm but ref thinks it has hit his right

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Might have been for the hand ball but looked more like it was for what he said to the ref. He was saying it hit his elbow (strange argument because that counts as hand ball) and then pointing towards the ref and saying something. Yellow was probably deserved for that but the 2nd was a bit harsh. I didn't know sarcastic clapping was a bookable offence.
    Pretty sure I remember Alan Sneddon getting sent off for a second yellow at Pittodrie for exactly the same - sarcastically applauding a linesman. 1984 or 85

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think the 2nd booking was well deserved, it is ultimately dissent.

It does highlight inconsistency though because it came about 5 minutes after Cadden had been right in the linesmans face for not flagging for a foul (which it should have been), shouted at Beaton then going back for a 2nd go at the linesman. He wasn't booked.

I'll take they decisions all day when they are in our favour but no wonder managers, players and fans get frustrated.
    When Cadden did get booked, my view was that the ref did it ‘cause he had just sent the St j player off for the same thing. Might not agree with it but it was consistent.

Penalty was a stonewaller for me, that was going straight in the net if he wasn’t in the way.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    How the hell does Beaton still get to referee hibs games, some of his refereeing against us is staggering and at it again today
    I honestly don't buy into the 'refs are against Hibs' thing normally. But some of those decisions today were baffling!

Also seems like he'd 100% bought onto the 'Boyle is a diver' chat. Cause Boyle got fouled numerous times today but got nothing.

Saying that, from my seats that's never a penalty to us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post

Agreed - just watched Sportscene and was also my take on it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    When Cadden did get booked, my view was that the ref did it ‘cause he had just sent the St j player off for the same thing. Might not agree with it but it was consistent.

Penalty was a stonewaller for me, that was going straight in the net if he wasn’t in the way.
    That tends to be the defenders job.

It was never a pen, but we take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    That tends to be the defenders job.

It was never a pen, but we take it.
    Not with his arm though, that's the keeper's job.

Gamer IDs

The second yellow for McCart is unbelievably harsh as well! Take both the penalty and booking decisions though.

I wasn't at the game today and just watched the whole game on alba. I know it can be different at the game compared to tv by I thought (and I may be in a minority here) Beaton was ok. In my opinion, Ambrose on Boyle wasn't a foul. Nisbet, never a pen and played for it. Keeper pulled his arms back. In today's game the pen we got is a pen. So all correct for me. opinions eh!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SerenityGreen View Post
    I wasn't at the game today and just watched the whole game on alba. I know it can be different at the game compared to tv by I thought (and I may be in a minority here) Beaton was ok. In my opinion, Ambrose on Boyle wasn't a foul. Nisbet, never a pen and played for it. Keeper pulled his arms back. In today's game the pen we got is a pen. So all correct for me. opinions eh!
    It's never ever a pen. McCart is a few yards away and the ball is blasted at him. An arm he has close to his body.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Not with his arm though, that's the keeper's job.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    I saw the replay and Clark missed the ball and took Nisbets foot.
    Personally thought Clark got his hand to the ball

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally thought Clark got his hand to the ball
    Think so too. also not sure he even touched Nisbet. Just goes to show, I was sure it was a pen at the time viewing from west upper. Th one on Allan should have been a penalty though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    The second yellow for McCart is unbelievably harsh as well! Take both the penalty and booking decisions though.
    It’s the rules though - it’s blatant disrespect.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It’s the rules though - it’s blatant disrespect.
    It is. Stupid wee clap etc. And I suppose you wouldn't really argue if he wasn't already on a yellow then received a first booking for that. So Beaton is probably right in that it's a second yellow card offence.

@hibs.net private member
    It is. Stupid wee clap etc. And I suppose you wouldn't really argue if he wasn't already on a yellow then received a first booking for that. So Beaton is probably right in that it's a second yellow card offence.
    He also booked JDH (?) for kicking the ball away so he was consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    ****ing joke of a ref. Hun season ticket holder and a cheat
    😂😂😂😂 he refs games every weekend. Of course he’s not a season ticket holder

What makes me laugh though is how he had no hesitation giving a 2nd yellow for it but if McCart had done a bad tackle deserving of a yellow, Beaton would probably have bottled it and kept his cards in his pocket.

Gamer IDs

What makes me laugh though is how he had no hesitation giving a 2nd yellow for it but if McCart had done a bad tackle deserving of a yellow, Beaton would probably have bottled it and kept his cards in his pocket.
    Definitely. I honestly think it's so harsh and you very rarely see a sending off like that. Typical Beaton though, probably wants to be the discussion point and have all eyes on him.