hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

It's Never Too Early...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looks like he had plenty championship interest in the summer but Accrington were after £1m+. Could be a tough one to get done, seems highly rated.

I've been impressed with our recruitment process over the last few seasons - but based on the stats here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dion_Charles - I don't really get this one???

Accrington Stanley? Sorry, I just can't erase the image of this boy turning up at East Mains in ankle high rugby boots with nailed in studs, baggy shorts three sizes too big down to his knees, a baggy woolly jersey, brylcreamed hair and handlebar 'tache, smoking a pipe and running around like he's on fast-forward.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No goals from six in League One ?

Sounds like he’ll fit right in

We should be looking to unearth the next Joe Baker or Lawrie Reilly surely?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No goals from six in League One ?

Sounds like he’ll fit right in

We should be looking to unearth the next Joe Baker or Lawrie Reilly surely?
    or 19 goals in the season last year. Depends which stats you want to look at. Let’s face it, if he had scored 30 goals last season in league 1 and was banging in a goal a game this season we wouldn’t be able to afford him. I suspect our recruitment team looks at players in more detail than “ how many have they scored in the last 6 games”. But don’t let that stop you posting negative comments.

What does the “sounds like he’ll fit right in” comment meant to mean ? No team in the league has scored more goals than we have !

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Accrington Stanley? Sorry, I just can't erase the image of this boy turning up at East Mains in ankle high rugby boots with nailed in studs, baggy shorts three sizes too big down to his knees, a baggy woolly jersey, brylcreamed hair and handlebar 'tache, smoking a pipe and running around like he's on fast-forward.

You're thinking of Barsntonworth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1pH-NEa6I&t=27m30s
    Last edited by Keith_M; 26-09-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    or 19 goals in the season last year. Depends which stats you want to look at. Let’s face it, if he had scored 30 goals last season in league 1 and was banging in a goal a game this season we wouldn’t be able to afford him. I suspect our recruitment team looks at players in more detail than “ how many have they scored in the last 6 games”. But don’t let that stop you posting negative comments.

What does the “sounds like he’ll fit right in” comment meant to mean ? No team in the league has scored more goals than we have !
    Spot on I read it and thought what a ridiculous post aswell

Yeah ok let’s see what happens with this one ?

Just you keep right on clapping

I thought it obvious that my comment was made tongue in cheek but a sad indictment of this forum lately that any perceived negative comment is being pounced upon by certain posters
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 26-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Yeah ok let’s see what happens with this one ?

Just you keep right on clapping

I thought it obvious that my comment was made tongue in cheek but a sad indictment of this forum lately that any perceived negative comment is being pounced upon by certain posters
    it wasn’t obvious your comment was tongue in cheek, that’s why I asked the question about what your comment was meant to mean. It didn’t really make any sense. It still doesn’t to be honest.

The phrase “tongue in cheek” means to be ironic, so if you were being tongue in cheek then surely you were knocking those that come on and make negatives out of everything yourself ?

Sorry I’m just confused by both your posts on this thread, I have no idea what you are driving at. I’m not really sure that you do either.

Celtic have

it wasn’t obvious your comment was tongue in cheek, that’s why I asked the question about what your comment was meant to mean. It didn’t really make any sense. It still doesn’t to be honest.

The phrase “tongue in cheek” means to be ironic, so if you were being tongue in cheek then surely you were knocking those that come on and make negatives out of everything yourself ?

Sorry I’m just confused by both your posts on this thread, I have no idea what you are driving at. I’m not really sure that you do either.
    The rolling eyes was the big giveaway

I remember HIBS showing interest in this guy in the summer but that was then and this is now

You are only as good as your last game and he has scored nil in six been dropped for the last two and has refused to sign a contract

I still think our recruitment team should be scouring the country for the next Joe Baker or Lawrie Reilly and I am not ruling this guy out by any means as he is a full international

Is that clear enough for you or do you want me to draw you a picture?

😃

Please note smiley face

GGTTH

I remember HIBS showing interest in this guy in the summer but that was then and this is now

You are only as good as your last game and he has scored nil in six been dropped for the last two and has refused to sign a contract

I still think our recruitment team should be scouring the country for the next Joe Baker or Lawrie Reilly and I am not ruling this guy out by any means as he is a full international

😃

Please note smiley face

GGTTH
    right so the post wasn’t tongue in cheek then and you were judging him on his last 6 games. If you are only as good as your last game then Ronaldo is a bit crap. Please note the wink and the green grin.

Testimonial Due

😃

Please note smiley face

GGTTH
    I think he has fallen with his club over not signing a new deal.Looks as if it has affected his game time and performances.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think he has fallen with his club over not signing a new deal.Looks as if it has affected his game time and performances.
    I know it

right so the post wasn’t tongue in cheek then and you were judging him on his last 6 games. If you are only as good as your last game then Ronaldo is a bit crap. Please note the wink and the green grin.
    Tell me a week Ronaldo hasn’t scored?

Shudda let him take the pen yesterday

😃

Please note smiley face

GGTTH

So what happens meanwhile whilst we are spending 20+ years trying to find them?

Think we need a tongue in cheek emoji.
    Need to try and keep things quiet when looking at players as it seems the press are constantly linking us with any Tom, Dick and Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post

So what happens meanwhile whilst we are spending 20+ years trying to find them?
    Would settle for another Deeks or GOC

😂

Would settle for another Deeks or GOC

😂
    Ok then

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    And Drew Jarvie scores........

Watched this guy last season playing against Charlton. He was excellent. Thought at the time he would interest the likes of Norwich Burnley Watford etc. Techinally very good and a handful as well as cool in the box. Would be a great addition for Hibs.
    Ryan Hardie is also playing very well for Plymouth at the moment and he is another one to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Celtic have
    sorry you’re right, I didn’t bother checking that far down the table !