hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porto

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen a player get so much scrutiny for "almost" making a mistake.
    He did make one fairly glaring mistake that he was fortunate came to nothing.

HOWEVER

He was an absolute colossus for the most part.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I’ve just got home, went to meet my hearts mates in the Mill. They all thought Porteous was really good.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Usual Porto. Magnificent for most of the game, the odd clanger but dont think that will ever change. If it does he'll be playing for a bigger Club than us.

To move on he needs his decsion making to the be a lot better. Still a great prospect. He'll be playing in the English championship this time next year IMO. He wont play any higher

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Usual Porto. Magnificent for most of the game, the odd clanger but dont think that will ever change. If it does he'll be playing for a bigger Club than us.

To move on he needs his decsion making to the be a lot better. Still a great prospect. He'll be playing in the English championship this time next year IMO. He wont play any higher
    Watching a different player from me, he was the best defender by a mile today and that’s saying something as Hanlon was very good. A clanger is when you gift a simple chance to the opposition ( Mings for Villa yesterday springs to mind) Ryan’s passing, tackling, heading, interceptions, clearances and general leadership were top class. If you are looking for a centre half who doesn’t make mistakes you will have a long wait.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I've never seen a player get so much scrutiny for "almost" making a mistake.
    Agree.

A superb young player, who gives it 100%, never hides and happens to be a Hibby

Boys a serious asset. We should cherish him.

They have Soutar over at Hearts. Half the player (when he’s fit that is) and they think he’s fxxxx Maldini. Crazy fans we have.
    Last edited by judas; 12-09-2021 at 09:46 PM.

22 years old. Got a bright future ahead of him, not long until the Old Firm come sniffing.

@hibs.net private member
    New contract please

I was critical of him last season and over the summer but he's had a superb start to this season.

It's been a huge bonus to hold onto him.

He still needs to curb the daft moments but right now he's getting away with them. Which is fine.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I was critical of him last season and over the summer but he's had a superb start to this season.

It's been a huge bonus to hold onto him.

He still needs to curb the daft moments but right now he's getting away with them. Which is fine.
    Totally agree. He has finally kicked on and is in danger of reaching his potential. I say “danger” because, if he does, we will lose him instead of having a new captain on the park.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If you want to play football at the back, you need to take the odd risk or so, or there’s no point in having players like Ryan in our team
    Was a rock at the back, and started a lot of attacks. Maybe once in a while needs to find row Z with his clearances
    Ryan’s becoming a real key player for Hibs
    Totally agree Billy. Plays with a look on his face that dares opponents to try and get the better of him. Few do. Seems to be the key to playing out from the back and is very confident in doing it. Sometimes, I am not quite so confident, but I don't see him every week. Hanlon seems to have his back and I think that gives the boy the confidence to move forward and pick a pass (or blooter it into nowhere sometimes). Also agree about putting it in row Z when necessary. Even the best have to decide when it needs doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Reminded me of Efe Ambrose today.
    Aye, including the moment of madness 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Yip. He put in a superb performance yesterday.

Well done son.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    A case for the defence!

That was outstanding today 👏👏👏

If anybody wants Ryan the fee that Aberdeen got for McKenna is the benchmark.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    If anybody wants Ryan the fee that Aberdeen got for McKenna is the benchmark.
    He was a full international by the time he got a move ..Ryan’s got a title to go yet to get to that level ..

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Almost got caught with Boyce and had one moment in the first half when he was too busy concentrating on GMS rather than clearing the ball.

That’s his only two mistakes of the game.

Brilliant after that both defensively and on the ball. It doesn’t always come
    off but he takes responsibility and never hides.

I was actually going to start a thread tonight about our defensive performance. If that was St Johnstone people would be raving about how solid we were and how our back 3 never gave them a sniff.

It’s a little reminder I feel that our back 3 are good and not as easily replaceable as some may think.
    Totally agree!

Porto is a fantastic footballer, though like all he does make the odd mistake. However, I've seen enough mistakes at the Euros or in the EPL to know that all players will make them. I feel he's in a good place at the moment, with guys like Hanlon & McGregor to offer support. If he keeps learning, he's going all the way to the top.

Absolutely quality player. I actually think he's better than Hanlon is now and is our best centre half, that's not a slight on Hanlon but a compliment to Ryan, and will go on to be a top class player.

I can see it getting 3-4 million for him come the summer.

For all of the Jambo hype around John Souttar, Porteous was a level above him yesterday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    For all of the Jambo hype around John Souttar, Porteous was a level above him yesterday.
    Thought they Both did equally well . Soutters pace and distribution are impressive

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He was a full international by the time he got a move ..Ryan’s got a title to go yet to get to that level ..
    Joe Worrall at Forest is getting quoted at £15m not a full international. Forest fans Rate McKenna above Worrall. Sure caps will come still 2 years younger than McKenna.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Joe Worrall at Forest is getting quoted at £15m not a full international. Forest fans Rate McKenna above Worrall. Sure caps will come still 2 years younger than McKenna.
    I think caps will come too…the market value for championship players are Significantly greater than those based up here (outside the old firm)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think caps will come too…the market value for championship players are Significantly greater than those based up here (outside the old firm)
    Agree it does annoy me that old firm seem to get good money and the rest have to accept lower valuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Soapy is an excellent player as well like to see both in a Scotland squad.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Surprised there isn't a new thread for Porto after that game today. Thought he was outstanding. Really seems to be becoming the player we all thought he would over the past wee while.

Hanlon was fantastic as well, but Porto was slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Surprised there isn't a new thread for Porto after that game today. Thought he was outstanding. Really seems to be becoming the player we all thought he would over the past wee while.

Hanlon was fantastic as well, but Porto was slightly better.
    Porteous is quality. Love his passion too. Mistakes are becoming a thing of the past too. Solid.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Played well today again, a lot of our initial play goes through him, Hanlon had a cracking game i thought

Thought he was really good today. Booking was his only real mistake, Kane knew exactly what he was doing there.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    credit where it's due he did have a good game

though i did think he fell forward a tad easy one time in the first half in our box

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Porteous is quality. Love his passion too. Mistakes are becoming a thing of the past too. Solid.
    Totally agree about his passion. Really chuffed with his performances this season. Seems to really have matured.

Can't be long until that first Scotland cap comes. Next International break?

great future and a Scotland certainty, we are lucky to have him