Jack Rose does sound more exotic though

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    A rose by any other name

Good news

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I'm absolutely delighted. It's good to have stability around the club and I'm sure they've covered their arse just incase it goes pearshaped at some point.

Good to have some continuity at the club and he must feel like he's being backed by the club. Happy with this.

A lot to prove

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm absolutely delighted. It's good to have stability around the club and I'm sure they've covered their arse just incase it goes pearshaped at some point.
    A lot of buttock metaphors in there.
    Is this a McGinn thread?

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    A lot to prove
    in what way?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Really, really happy with that. It’s clear he’s a very good manager - 3rd, a cup final and two cup semi finals is as good a season as we’ve had in the past 30 years. He’s building a solid foundation here and we will only get stronger. Stability is key just now whilst Hearts and Aberdeen look set to be in a bit of a transition.

The Head Coach that has taken us from a relegation battle to third in one season signing a new contract should be universally considered a great move by the club, yet for some he still has a "point to prove" - Funny old game is football.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    in what way?
    WiNiNG sIlVeRWaRE
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    WiNiNG sIlVeRWaRE
    Patience. Tiny tiny steps...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Great news, more of the same please Jack.

Outstanding news. Best manager we've had in a very long time. Let's him continue to build.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    WiNiNG sIlVeRWaRE
    Hmm. In all fairness, we had two fantastic opportunities to do it and failed on both occasions.

Happy enough he’s signed a new deal as there has been progress. Unsure if we’ll get a better chance at silverware as we did last season but I reckon our derby record this season will have a big part to play, either rightly or wrongly.

Fantastic
    Hibs need a period of stability and success.
    Jack be the man

WiNiNG sIlVeRWaRE
    Is your caps lock broken or are you doing all your typing today in the style of a ransom note?

I think he could have us third, miss out on silverware again and still feel safe in his job to be honest. Aside from Gerard and yon St Johnstone manager I can’t think of any boss under less pressure than Ross.

Jack added: “I’m very happy at Hibernian and I have been well supported by my staff, the players and the Board. “

Sly dig at the fans or just forgot to mention the fans..

Happy he’s renewed though this season will be a challenge - stronger league - x3 derbies minimum plus a new managers at Celtic and Aberdeen. It’s been discussed for pages on here what merits as a successful season. Consistency in the league - derby wins and hopefully continued cup runs to later stages / ideally winning a trophy would be perfect. High expectations but we have to keep pushing on.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Happy with this, he will keep us going in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    A lot to prove
    Has he?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    The Head Coach that has taken us from a relegation battle to third in one season signing a new contract should be universally considered a great move by the club, yet for some he still has a "point to prove" - Funny old game is football.
    Mental. Some still upset we lost a cup final to St Johnstone it seems. If only we'd lost at home in the QF to St Johnstone like Rangers did. Relegation fodder to Europe and cup finals in what? 2 seasons? Keep building Jack.

I know stats aren't everything but looking at the 16 full times managers that we have had since and including Alex Miller , Jack Ross has the 2nd best win rate percentage with only Alan Stubbs fairing better and he only managed us in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Mental. Some still upset we lost a cup final to St Johnstone it seems. If only we'd lost at home in the QF to St Johnstone like Rangers did. Relegation fodder to Europe and cup finals in what? 2 seasons? Keep building Jack.
    Some still upset at the way we lost to st johnstone.

I’m not too fussed about it now and excited for the new season but can understand why some people would still be upset at losing the SC final to st J without looking as if we tried a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Some still upset at the way we lost to st johnstone.

I’m not too fussed about it now and excited for the new season but can understand why some people would still be upset at losing the SC final to st J without looking as if we tried a leg.
    I was upset, now i'm not, i'm over it. No amount of me being upset will change the result or the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I was upset, now i'm not, i'm over it. No amount of me being upset will change the result or the performance.
    And that’s fair enough, as am I. But I can understand some people still having gripe at the way we performed in the cup final.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Do you really think it’s the cup final in isolation that people are upset about?

It’s the cup final combined with the semi final loss to St Johnstone, the semi final loss to Hearts and the league defeat at home to Hearts when we were battered at a time they were losing to everyone.

That combined with not the most entertaining brand of football I can understand why many aren’t doing cartwheels about this.

He finished third last season and he deserves credit for the team he built. Once the dust had settled from the cup final, nobody wanted him sacked and quite rightly so. That doesn’t mean everyone has taken to him again all of a sudden though.

I think he does have a lot to prove this season, you can scoff at that all you want but wait and see the reaction if we lose the first derby. If we win that derby he’ll also get plenty praise BTW. To me that’s pretty much the definition of having something to prove.

Fully deserved after a very good first full season

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Do you really think it’s the cup final in isolation that people are upset about?

It’s the cup final combined with the semi final loss to St Johnstone, the semi final loss to Hearts and the league defeat at home to Hearts when we were battered at a time they were losing to everyone.

That combined with not the most entertaining brand of football I can understand why many aren’t doing cartwheels about this.

He finished third last season and he deserves credit for the team he built. Once the dust had settled from the cup final, nobody wanted him sacked and quite rightly so. That doesn’t mean everyone has taken to him again all of a sudden though.

I think he does have a lot to prove this season, you can scoff at that all you want but wait and see the reaction if we lose the first derby. If we win that derby he’ll also get plenty praise BTW. To me that’s pretty much the definition of having something to prove.
    Progress Bingo, when we start slipping backwards, then that will be the time to get stuck into him. Since he arrived, we've made big strides forward, yes we have had bad results, but which manager we've had hasn't?

I cant think of any Hibs manager who's won every derby game, or not lost them, so when it does happen and it will, we should just accept that he's going to get slaughtered, probably because he never wins any big games.