hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just watched it again and I've no idea how he missed. Could he maybe have become tangled with the Livi defender who slid in with him?
    I just saw again also. I wondered if 1st defender got a touch but I think I'm being kind. Astonishing miss!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Brilliant Jonnyboy

Thanks for posting

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned & I've only seen incident once, but how did Doidge not get a touch on Boyle's cut back? Seemed easier to score, especially after he had broken his duck.
    The way I saw it was that he did get a touch on it and it was heading into the net but the defender managed to get his leg between the ball and the goals.

Think it looks a bit clearer if viewed from behind the goals

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Big Marv should have been Red carded after 5 SECONDS of the game starting for Elbowing Doidge in the face.
    Never seen it mentioned anywhere, but it was a blatant elbow as he tries to stop Doidge going past him.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    As usual, good summary JB

The mistake by Ryan was both inexplicable and inexcusable, but after he'd made that error he didn't let his head drop. Newell frustrates me, clearly a very technically gifted player but often slows play and needs an extra touch that isn't required. Nisbet impressed and looks to have had an injection of enthusiasm with the call up - thought he played well.

I've watched Livi a few times and they are hard working and industrious. Have to say, if we were ever looking for a third striker or someone who offers something different in a physical sense, I like the look of Emmanuel-Thomas. Little bit limited when it comes to pace, but tell you what he lets the centre halves know they are in for a battle and surprisingly good close control for a big fella.

Always liked Scott Pittman too, not an area we need to really strengthen, but he would be a very good addition for next season and Europe.
    Re: Newell, I totally understand where you're coming from as a fan. That said, I also understand why he is given the role he plays which is likely dictated by Ross.

Newell rarely loses possession and is key to our ability to retain the ball as a team. I'm not a Manager by any means but every good team has a player like this who is technically gifted and is good at shifting the ball side to side, thus shifting the opposition defence & midfield in the process hoping that they leave gaps.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Re: Newell, I totally understand where you're coming from as a fan. That said, I also understand why he is given the role he plays which is likely dictated by Ross.

Newell rarely loses possession and is key to our ability to retain the ball as a team. I'm not a Manager by any means but every good team has a player like this who is technically gifted and is good at shifting the ball side to side, thus shifting the opposition defence & midfield in the process hoping that they leave gaps.

True, although in the past Hibs have entrusted that role to our deepest midfielder - like Dylan or Boozy. We’ve given up some toughness as a result but retained possession better.

Of course, players who can do that at our level are pretty rare.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    True, although in the past Hibs have entrusted that role to our deepest midfielder - like Dylan or Boozy. We’ve given up some toughness as a result but retained possession better.

Of course, players who can do that at our level are pretty rare.
    What a player he was. A real baller.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk