hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    American Nightmare on Netflix, wow, what I will say is to go into this blind without reading up or watching any trailers, don't even want to give away to much here but the story is incredible.
    Mental story, I still have a few unanswered questions after watching it too

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    American Nightmare on Netflix, wow, what I will say is to go into this blind without reading up or watching any trailers, don't even want to give away to much here but the story is incredible.
    Totally gripping and jaw dropping.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Just finished watching Jury: The Murder Trial, found it really fascinating. It’s obvious how certain personalities can influence others. I felt the blue jury were democratic and listened to each other’s opinions a lot more. I felt the red jury were dominated by a couple of very strong opinionated people who overpowered others in to their way of thinking. I was interested to see the decision the real life jury came to. My gut feeling was murder but given the evidence shown, I don’t know if I could have come to that decision, I do feel that the victims voice wasn’t given much consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Mental story, I still have a few unanswered questions after watching it too
    It certainly is an amazing story, I really have gone down the rabbit hole with these programmes since lockdown.

Currently halfway through The truth about Jim and also where is baby Gabriel. The world truly is a messed up place at times. 😳

Can I tell you a secret, a 2 parter on Netflix about cyber stalking is worth a watch, not so much if you've got a daughter.

Crime & Investigation channel is very time consuming too. ☺️
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 01-03-2024 at 11:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Scottish National Team has released an hour long doc about Billy Gilmour. Well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIFafl72pcs&t=304s

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It certainly is an amazing story, I really have gone down the rabbit hole with these programmes since lockdown.

Currently halfway through The truth about Jim and also where is baby Gabriel. The world truly is a messed up place at times. 😳

Can I tell you a secret, a 2 parter on Netflix about cyber stalking is worth a watch, not so much if you've got a daughter.

Crime & Investigation channel is very time consuming too. ☺️
    British Airways killer on itv this week was decent as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    British Airways killer on itv this week was decent as well
    Got that TiVo'd! 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Watched both episodes of the push on C4 today, about the trial of the guy who pushed his wife off Arthur’s seat was alright was interesting seeing it play out in court

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Watched both episodes of the push on C4 today, about the trial of the guy who pushed his wife off Arthur’s seat was alright was interesting seeing it play out in court
    I had the boy as “guilty” within five seconds of seeing him on screen.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I had the boy as “guilty” within five seconds of seeing him on screen.
    Why ?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Why ?
    Could tell by his expression and general unease. I’m either a fantastic observer of people or a cynic who would jail everybody 😂.

To be fair, given the character of his dad, I’m not surprised he turned out that way. His old man was deplorable.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Could tell by his expression and general unease. I’m either a fantastic observer of people or a cynic who would jail everybody 😂.

To be fair, given the character of his dad, I’m not surprised he turned out that way. His old man was deplorable.
    I remember the incident well but to be honest I knew nothing of either of them but in knowing he was already sentenced I wanted to try and at least be impartial until I heard all the evidence

You are right though, his family and friend were ignorant and selfish *******s 😡

Ive actually sat on two jurys in that court, as fascinating as they were, they were pretty much nailed on verdicts, I wouldnt have been too keen on that one though. At my first trial I had a great group who dissected every dot, on my second there were a few dickheads who the minute they stepped into the deliberating room had the accused guilty as the food was **** and they were in prison as they couldnt get out for a fag 🤣

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Just finished watching Jury: The Murder Trial, found it really fascinating. It’s obvious how certain personalities can influence others. I felt the blue jury were democratic and listened to each other’s opinions a lot more. I felt the red jury were dominated by a couple of very strong opinionated people who overpowered others in to their way of thinking. I was interested to see the decision the real life jury came to. My gut feeling was murder but given the evidence shown, I don’t know if I could have come to that decision, I do feel that the victims voice wasn’t given much consideration.
    I thought that was excellent and totally agree about the dominating personalities of a couple of jurors being the most significant aspect in the decision making process. It really did highlight the flaw in the process though, and I guess you have to hope that if you find yourself in a situation where a jury is judging you, that they relate to you enough.

The Push was fascinating as well, tragic situation and it was good that the victim’s family saw justice done.

We just started The Octopus Murders on Netflix, another gripping story that highlights the lengths people will go to for money and power.

The Ripper on Netflix was really good as well, about the Yorkshire Ripper. The Police, for all they were limited by technology etc at the time,, handled the case so badly, a basic starting point of misogyny from them stopped them catching the killer sooner and undoubtedly cost lives.
    Last edited by matty_f; 07-03-2024 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

We just started The Octopus Murders on Netflix, another gripping story that highlights the lengths people will go to for money and power.

Nuts. If only a tenth of it is fact, still nuts.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Nuts. If only a tenth of it is fact, still nuts.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    It really is, we're not quite finished it yet, and I'm generally not big on conspiracy theories but I think sometimes you just have to acknowledge that a lot of shady **** goes down every day that folk get away with because of power and money.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched the 2 part documentary on 5 about the Titan submersible that attempted to reach Titanic, quite interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Just watched the 2 part documentary on 5 about the Titan submersible that attempted to reach Titanic, quite interesting
    Just watched the first episode, interesting as you say.

Accused: The Hampstead Paedophile Hoax on All4, quite an amazing story, completely passed me by when it happened.

Secret World of Sound with David Attenborough, superb as always.

Chris Kamara and Jeff Stelling on Worlds Most Dangerous Roads, didn't realise what Kammy had been through, quite a moving watch.

My Wife, My Abuser, The Secret Footage. Very uncomfortable to watch. You hear stories every day about people suffering from domestic violence but very rare you actually see it. Horrifying.

My Wife, My Abuser, The Secret Footage. Very uncomfortable to watch. You hear stories every day about people suffering from domestic violence but very rare you actually see it. Horrifying.
    I'm just watching this now, as you say it's uncomfortable viewing to say the least.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Very disturbing piece of telly. Very brave man to let C5 make this into a documentary. Possibly braver and stronger than he realises.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Very disturbing piece of telly. Very brave man to let C5 make this into a documentary. Possibly braver and stronger than he realises.
    Was reading in X after, apparently when she was released from police custody prior to trial, she obviously wasn’t allowed to go home so a friend let her move in with her and her husband. She then stole the friends husband. Shouldn’t surprise me from someone who to be reminded that her kids are ok cause she hadn’t arsed asking after them.

@hibs.net private member
    Was reading in X after, apparently when she was released from police custody prior to trial, she obviously wasn’t allowed to go home so a friend let her move in with her and her husband. She then stole the friends husband.
    What a strange thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    What a strange thing to say.
    My apologies. She had an affair with her friends husband. The husband has now left his wife for her and is standing by her while she is in prison. I was quoting the person who knew her. Sorry if the wording wasn’t to your liking.

Just catching up on Chinook: Zulu Delta 576 on the iPlayer, watched the first episode, 2nd one still to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Just catching up on Chinook: Zulu Delta 576 on the iPlayer, watched the first episode, 2nd one still to come.
    Having watched the 2nd part of this documentary The RAF & MOD have a lot to answer for, the dignity of the families left behind is amazing given what they had to go through. I won't say anymore just incase others end up watching it.

Casey Anthony's Parents: The Lie Detector Test on C&I. You've really got to watch previous documentaries about the death of Casey's daughter before watching this, interesting viewing though.

Ukraine: Enemy in the woods on iPlayer, body worn camera footage from an Ukrainian infantry unit battling against huge odds in the forests of Ukraine.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 30-03-2024 at 10:01 AM.