This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pedantic point, it was Simon Bates
    You get the gist though eh 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I think they are hurting. Pleasing!

My son is eight years old. Tonight he watched Manchester City thrash Liverpool. He knew all the line ups for both teams. He knew when to shout at VAR*. A month ago, he barely knew that either existed. He was, and still is, Hearts daft. But something has changed.

When the SPFL decided to put a gun to the heads of its constituent clubs (aka shareholders - who knew?) by offering money in return for ensuring Celtic were handed their nobody-else-really-cares-in-a-row title, Scottish football changed. Sure, underneath it all things have been pretty skewed for a long time. But now it was out in the open. The big fish were to get their big feed, and access to the Champions League, while the small fry would, you thought, be content with whatever scraps were thrown their way.

My son was still on a high from watching Hearts win the last derby 3-1. We watched the goals daily. Sure, his optimism had taken a hit when we lost to St Mirren*, but we still had 24 points to play for. And despite a jaded father who has seen his team stuff things up more times than he cares to remember, for an eight year old boy, his team will always have a chance. But no, that chance was taken away from him. Similarly, it was taken away from the fans of Partick, Inverness, Dundee (ironically enough), Falkirk and Stranraer. The wee bit of magic that football gives us, by being eleven-v-eleven and on any given Saturday, etc. Your dedication to one team's needs ran roughshod over the thing that all football fans should always have: hopes and dreams for their team.

After the corrupt 'vote' you orchestrated at Easter, I tried to explain the situation to my son. Now, before you get the wrong impression, he's no saint. He cheats. Snakes and ladders, Mario Kart, water gun fights - he makes no bones about trying to defeat his younger brother and myself. He can be sleekit or he can be outrageously shameless. But when I tried to explain that the football team, the only football team he has ever cared about (and bear in mind this kid lived in Catalonia and yet doesn't give a stuff for Barcelona) were to be expelled from the top division for no apparent reason other than the administrator's desire to ensure Celtic could be handed a title that was already in the bag anyway, even he looked at me askance and said, "But that's not fair."

Sure, I tried to break down the PPG 'rule' which was invented to justify the decision. I told him how important money was. He actually gets this. He saves his pocket money to buy sale items in the Hearts shop. But still he wasn't convinced. I asked him to see it from the other clubs' point of view. He asked why they didn't like Hearts. I couldn't give him an answer. Even one of your little lickspittle lackeys, Les Gray, declared that what is going on is 'unfair'. At least admit it, Neil. Tell us that you know demoting a team four points from safety with twenty-four to play for is unfair. Ask Werder Bremen fans what they think about making up point differences.

Then, in the middle of lockdown, the Germans showed the way by playing football again (we'll skip Belarus, although I'm sure they could show you a few tricks in propaganda given their leader's Soviet-era cling-to-power-at-all-costs mentality). Then English football, which some of his friends talk about despite being Edinburgh born and bred, rave about. Until June, you see, my son had been taught to follow his local team and only his local team. He was obsessed with the Foundation of Hearts kit printed with the names of the thousands of fans that had helped keep our team alive. He loved hunting for my name. I was on minimum wage in Spain when I started paying into that fund. He loves this fact - that the people around him at Tynecastle, no matter their circumstances, had some kind of collective spirit to keep something we love alive. Please, tell us how much money you've taken out of Scottish football. Can you equate that with the value you've put in? Nobody even wants to sponsor your sham of a league.

But he still couldn't get it into his head why his team had been removed from the top league.

Now, you could call me irresponsible, but my son loves football so much (we've been out most days during lockdown playing in the Meadows) that I allowed him to stay up late to watch football from Germany, England and Spain. He asks the same question most nights, though. "Why can Hearts and the other teams not play now?" Now, I'm not going to hold you to account for the Scottish Government's decisions around contact sports and when it's safe for these to go ahead. But the bit that I do find hard to explain - perhaps you could, Neil - is why our season had to be 'called' when others are able to resume at a later date? Was there someone in your ear? Were you under pressure to twist some arms? I mean, was this an equitable solution for anyone?

My son's now watching the English Premier League every night, begging me to stay up late so he can see live football from just a few hundred miles away. He's no longer saying to his friends that they should support Hearts because you ought to support your local team. He's getting swept up in the hype and marketing that the EPL does so well. Last night I asked him if he was looking forward to seeing Hearts play again, no matter what league they play in. To be honest, he wasn't as bothered as he was a couple of months ago. He doesn't pretend to be Sean Clare or Steven Naismith now when we play. He's Mo Salah or Kevin de Bruyne or Leo Messi. He sees them playing their games on the pitch, not in secretive votes and skullduggery. He also sees VAR decisions making sure that things are reasonably fair. He cares more about that word now than he did before. He's started playing more fairly with his brother. He doesn't want to be 'unfair, like what they did to Hearts'. You've had quite the impact, even unintentionally.

You see, Neil, an eight year old can see right through you and whoever else helped you ram through your plan back in April. You've given another kid less reason to watch Scottish football and thrown them into the embrace of the mega-leagues and their marketable 'product'. You've been found out by a kid that still talks about the last cup final as thought it was one of the most important days of his short life even though his heroes lost it. Think how many other eight year olds in this country there are who don't understand why their team is going to come out of covid-19 far more disadvantaged than the other teams. Think about that for a second. Sure, I knew the ball was burst a long time ago - and it wasn't your fault at all. But what happened in April, and the nonsense which has followed it, well, that's on you.

Whatever went on in April when you pressured clubs (and I haven't even really mentioned the pathetically transparent and surprisingly successful attempt at coercion with that Nelms chancer at Dundee) to 'call' the season before the teams had a chance discover that things 'even themselves out' and find their true position in the league over a 38-game season as we were promised at the outset, just at least tell us that you haven't played it fair. We know it. My son knows it. Telling us anything else from here on is just lying.

*Not that I'm blaming you for this, but if VAR had existed in the SPFL, the St Mirren goal should have been ruled out for offside, meaning it would have been St Mirren you'd have been shafting and some pissed off guy from Paisley typing this.
    James Anderson must’ve know a few kids who support hearts and that’s why he chose hearts for his save the children support.

My Jambo mates are refusing to accept it's done. They are pinning everything on the documentation now saying that's the main bit. Yesterday they were claiming they were staying up and being awarded millions. Utter, utter delusion. Just refusing to take the maroon specs off. Scottish football is laughing at them.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    You get the gist though eh
    I definitely had the doo doo dooooo Simon Bates our tune in my napper when reading it

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I definitely had the doo doo dooooo Simon Bates our tune in my napper when reading it

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    "And it was at that point, Hearts realised that their hopes and dreams had been crushed..................

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    "And it was at that point, Hearts realised that their hopes had been crushed..................
    I never did see Easter Road again.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZDsUGiGqM

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Does anybody else have the tune to DLT's our tune going through their head when they read this
    Simon Bates...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Realistically what’s going to be in the documentation that can help their cause? If there was anything dodgy going on it won’t be in any email or letter sent between SPFL and club chairmen, so what is it they’re so excited about seeing?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Realistically what’s going to be in the documentation that can help their cause? If there was anything dodgy going on it won’t be in any email or letter sent between SPFL and club chairmen, so what is it they’re so excited about seeing?
    If there was anything dodgy then the huns would have asked for it months ago when they tried to go at Doncaster and the other guy.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Do do they still believe the Dundee no vote should have stood ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I never did see Easter Road again.......

David eventually left me :(

Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    Simon Bates...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    Brilliant part of the show, great tune!

I get annoyed and bored with today's radio presenters that need a co-host to enter in a conversation of pure drivel. Bring back the oldies like Simon; hadn't realised that he is 71, but then I'm not getting any younger.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Does anybody else have the tune to DLT's our tune going through their head when they read this
    Simon Bates. Rookie error......

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Agh many other replies....
    Last edited by O'Rourke3; 03-07-2020 at 07:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I'm sure Andy has said that the documentation wont make a difference and they were told that in court by the leagues QC

Who provides the list of judges that Hearts and the SPFL choose from?

Coaching Staff
    The documentation that was independently reviewed and investigated by Deloitte and the 'whistleblower' evidence from The Rangers

They'll need to introduce Harry Potter's list of spells at arbitration ...."Expelliarmus"

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    And offside, Really? There may have been a handball but offside was never in the equation IIRC. Oh & if VAR's the answer can we please have Leigh & Forster's goals now?
    And let's go back to 2012 and get Black rightly red carded.

Someone needs to remind Hearts they're in this position because they are so utterly crap at playing the game of football. Lawyers, arbiters, media and Hearts directors have taken over the asylum. Sporting performance is being challenged by some random solicitor with his own interpretation of the processes of the game. Madness that it's even got this far.

Saughton Jambo

“Let’s not forget that exactly 104 years ago this week at the Somme, Hearts men kept going, refusing to give up and fighting to the end , despite their suffering. We, and I mean all of us, should honour their memory and do exactly the same. We will never give up!

Nemo me impune lacessit”

My son is eight years old. Tonight he watched Manchester City thrash Liverpool. He knew all the line ups for both teams. He knew when to shout at VAR*. A month ago, he barely knew that either existed. He was, and still is, Hearts daft. But something has changed.

When the SPFL decided to put a gun to the heads of its constituent clubs (aka shareholders - who knew?) by offering money in return for ensuring Celtic were handed their nobody-else-really-cares-in-a-row title, Scottish football changed. Sure, underneath it all things have been pretty skewed for a long time. But now it was out in the open. The big fish were to get their big feed, and access to the Champions League, while the small fry would, you thought, be content with whatever scraps were thrown their way.

My son was still on a high from watching Hearts win the last derby 3-1. We watched the goals daily. Sure, his optimism had taken a hit when we lost to St Mirren*, but we still had 24 points to play for. And despite a jaded father who has seen his team stuff things up more times than he cares to remember, for an eight year old boy, his team will always have a chance. But no, that chance was taken away from him. Similarly, it was taken away from the fans of Partick, Inverness, Dundee (ironically enough), Falkirk and Stranraer. The wee bit of magic that football gives us, by being eleven-v-eleven and on any given Saturday, etc. Your dedication to one team's needs ran roughshod over the thing that all football fans should always have: hopes and dreams for their team.

After the corrupt 'vote' you orchestrated at Easter, I tried to explain the situation to my son. Now, before you get the wrong impression, he's no saint. He cheats. Snakes and ladders, Mario Kart, water gun fights - he makes no bones about trying to defeat his younger brother and myself. He can be sleekit or he can be outrageously shameless. But when I tried to explain that the football team, the only football team he has ever cared about (and bear in mind this kid lived in Catalonia and yet doesn't give a stuff for Barcelona) were to be expelled from the top division for no apparent reason other than the administrator's desire to ensure Celtic could be handed a title that was already in the bag anyway, even he looked at me askance and said, "But that's not fair."

Sure, I tried to break down the PPG 'rule' which was invented to justify the decision. I told him how important money was. He actually gets this. He saves his pocket money to buy sale items in the Hearts shop. But still he wasn't convinced. I asked him to see it from the other clubs' point of view. He asked why they didn't like Hearts. I couldn't give him an answer. Even one of your little lickspittle lackeys, Les Gray, declared that what is going on is 'unfair'. At least admit it, Neil. Tell us that you know demoting a team four points from safety with twenty-four to play for is unfair. Ask Werder Bremen fans what they think about making up point differences.

Then, in the middle of lockdown, the Germans showed the way by playing football again (we'll skip Belarus, although I'm sure they could show you a few tricks in propaganda given their leader's Soviet-era cling-to-power-at-all-costs mentality). Then English football, which some of his friends talk about despite being Edinburgh born and bred, rave about. Until June, you see, my son had been taught to follow his local team and only his local team. He was obsessed with the Foundation of Hearts kit printed with the names of the thousands of fans that had helped keep our team alive. He loved hunting for my name. I was on minimum wage in Spain when I started paying into that fund. He loves this fact - that the people around him at Tynecastle, no matter their circumstances, had some kind of collective spirit to keep something we love alive. Please, tell us how much money you've taken out of Scottish football. Can you equate that with the value you've put in? Nobody even wants to sponsor your sham of a league.

But he still couldn't get it into his head why his team had been removed from the top league.

Now, you could call me irresponsible, but my son loves football so much (we've been out most days during lockdown playing in the Meadows) that I allowed him to stay up late to watch football from Germany, England and Spain. He asks the same question most nights, though. "Why can Hearts and the other teams not play now?" Now, I'm not going to hold you to account for the Scottish Government's decisions around contact sports and when it's safe for these to go ahead. But the bit that I do find hard to explain - perhaps you could, Neil - is why our season had to be 'called' when others are able to resume at a later date? Was there someone in your ear? Were you under pressure to twist some arms? I mean, was this an equitable solution for anyone?

My son's now watching the English Premier League every night, begging me to stay up late so he can see live football from just a few hundred miles away. He's no longer saying to his friends that they should support Hearts because you ought to support your local team. He's getting swept up in the hype and marketing that the EPL does so well. Last night I asked him if he was looking forward to seeing Hearts play again, no matter what league they play in. To be honest, he wasn't as bothered as he was a couple of months ago. He doesn't pretend to be Sean Clare or Steven Naismith now when we play. He's Mo Salah or Kevin de Bruyne or Leo Messi. He sees them playing their games on the pitch, not in secretive votes and skullduggery. He also sees VAR decisions making sure that things are reasonably fair. He cares more about that word now than he did before. He's started playing more fairly with his brother. He doesn't want to be 'unfair, like what they did to Hearts'. You've had quite the impact, even unintentionally.

You see, Neil, an eight year old can see right through you and whoever else helped you ram through your plan back in April. You've given another kid less reason to watch Scottish football and thrown them into the embrace of the mega-leagues and their marketable 'product'. You've been found out by a kid that still talks about the last cup final as thought it was one of the most important days of his short life even though his heroes lost it. Think how many other eight year olds in this country there are who don't understand why their team is going to come out of covid-19 far more disadvantaged than the other teams. Think about that for a second. Sure, I knew the ball was burst a long time ago - and it wasn't your fault at all. But what happened in April, and the nonsense which has followed it, well, that's on you.

Whatever went on in April when you pressured clubs (and I haven't even really mentioned the pathetically transparent and surprisingly successful attempt at coercion with that Nelms chancer at Dundee) to 'call' the season before the teams had a chance discover that things 'even themselves out' and find their true position in the league over a 38-game season as we were promised at the outset, just at least tell us that you haven't played it fair. We know it. My son knows it. Telling us anything else from here on is just lying.

*Not that I'm blaming you for this, but if VAR had existed in the SPFL, the St Mirren goal should have been ruled out for offside, meaning it would have been St Mirren you'd have been shafting and some pissed off guy from Paisley typing this.

Jesus H, there are Hibby wind up merchants with waaaaayyyy too much time on their hands!

Even kickback wouldn’t fall for that schtick, would they????

I think Cagney and Lacey (Budge and Low) think they are in Suits. High stakes corporate law when in reality a couple of bitter ********s who will be banished from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Someone needs to remind Hearts they're in this position because they are so utterly crap at playing the game of football. Lawyers, arbiters, media and Hearts directors have taken over the asylum. Sporting performance is being challenged by some random solicitor with his own interpretation of the processes of the game. Madness that it's even got this far.
    To be fair, they don’t seem to be any better at the legal stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Saughton Jambo

“Let’s not forget that exactly 104 years ago this week at the Somme, Hearts men kept going, refusing to give up and fighting to the end , despite their suffering. We, and I mean all of us, should honour their memory and do exactly the same. We will never give up!

Nemo me impune lacessit”
    And 77 years ago today Hitler launched an assault against the Kursk salient. It didn't go well.

Probably the biggest load of self pitying drivel ever to appear on any football forum.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Brilliant part of the show, great tune!

I get annoyed and bored with today's radio presenters that need a co-host to enter in a conversation of pure drivel. Bring back the oldies like Simon; hadn't realised that he is 71, but then I'm not getting any younger.
    Simon Bates was never slow to drivel as Our Tune testifies, but he did once play The Valves on daytime BBC Radio 1. Never to be forgotten. By me anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Didn`t realise DU/RR/CR would be included in the arbitration, just thought it would be the Fartz and PT - suppose it makes sense when it`s pointed out to you lol

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...dundeeunitedfc

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Simon Bates was never slow to drivel as Our Tune testifies, but he did once play The Valves on daytime BBC Radio 1. Never to be forgotten. By me anyway.
    Nor Kid Jensen for playing The Smiths on Radio 1 Iggy

Bet you recorded the Festive 50 too

Didn`t realise DU/RR/CR would be included in the arbitration, just thought it would be the Fartz and PT - suppose it makes sense when it`s pointed out to you lol

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...dundeeunitedfc

Yeah I never realised that either, supppse they’ll just be pushing to ensure promotion and relegation aren’t overturned

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Probably the biggest load of self pitying drivel ever to appear on any football forum.
    I particularly liked the lickspittle bit and the dated Soviet reference. Pure Littlejohn. Or maybe the Male Online gadge out of ‘Viz’ but without the clever Mrs.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    That long post that Irish Steve put up cannot be real. If it is it really just shows them to be the deluded, arrogant, morons that we all believe them to be. And the comment from the dopey conveyancer about the judge sending it to arbitration only because legally he had to. FFS he and saughton Jambo are meant to be the crack legal team as well. Fuds if the highest order