hibs.net Messageboard

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 2,071 to 2,098 of 2098

Thread: Hibs Women

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    home side down to 10

can't go around trying to maim the opposition players

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts down to 10, bad tackle on Powell in centre of pitch. Really bad tackle, could have been a leg breaker!

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Hertz thug forward sent off, battered our goalie and booked , 5 mins later a late tackle and off she goes!

Half time 1-0 to hearts

@hibs.net private member
    Hunter, Murray and Tweedie all starting - we must have loads of injuries?

very poor goal keeping 2-0

@hibs.net private member
    Really poor goal to lose. Goalkeeping is much slower to develop in the women's game that the outfield play

A lot of them look far too timid, slow and unfit.

They're shocking going forward and show little threat in and around the box. The defence and goalkeeper aren't up to much either.

Playing against 10 for the majority of the game didn't make the blindest bit of difference either, very poor standard compared to our ladies teams of the past.
    Last edited by Bobo; 12-04-2024 at 08:33 PM.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member
    Jesus, this is making the men's team look like worldbeaters. They've gone way downhill since I watched them at ER.

Awful from start to finish. I can only presume we had injuries otherwise to give a young keeper her debut in such a game is daft. She looked out of her depth and had the poorest performance I’ve seen from a Hibs keeper in a long time (if ever). So many passengers tonight. I thought Hearts looked up for it from the start and bullied us all over the park. The extra player for 70 minutes made no difference and we couldn’t have complained had the score been more! Positive mentions for Bowie and Powell who I thought gave everything tonight.

The result was inevitable as soon as that team sheet was released but to play against 10 for so long and still lose is salt to the wound.

Think it's time to stop showing so much loyalty to the older players in the squad, need a real freshen up next season and going to have to replace JB.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The result was inevitable as soon as that team sheet was released but to play against 10 for so long and still lose is salt to the wound.

Think it's time to stop showing so much loyalty to the older players in the squad, need a real freshen up next season and going to have to replace JB.
    Was a really weird team selection - it’s obvious several players are past it but still play.

Hearts on the other hand have a 16 year old playing where as we had slow players in key areas - mainly at the back and up front.

What’s the story with the GK ?

Really poor from Hibs - can’t see them over taking Hearts in league now with the gap and remaining fixtures.

Bit of a let down tonight and we just didn't turn up, even against 10. Classic derby match, they bullied us and wanted it more. As others said, team selection was indicative of injuries and pass marks for Bowie and Powell.

First time at a match at Oriam... Not a great place to watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by Malonga's Cat View Post
    Bit of a let down tonight and we just didn't turn up, even against 10. Classic derby match, they bullied us and wanted it more. As others said, team selection was indicative of injuries and pass marks for Bowie and Powell.

First time at a match at Oriam... Not a great place to watch football.
    Never been. It looked a pretty awful venue on TV tho. Why were they playing the game there? We've won the last two derbies at Tynecastle and ER in front of much better crowds.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Never been. It looked a pretty awful venue on TV tho. Why were they playing the game there? We've won the last two derbies at Tynecastle and ER in front of much better crowds.
    Hearts are playing Livvy at Tiny today, probably wanted to keep their tiny pitch in pristine condition

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I see someone has said it'll be because of the Hearts Men being at home today which makes sense. I like that they tried the Friday night thing but surely there's a better option than that for a venue. TBH, I think similar for the Hibs Women at the new Meadowbank.

Quote Originally Posted by Malonga's Cat View Post
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I see someone has said it'll be because of the Hearts Men being at home today which makes sense. I like that they tried the Friday night thing but surely there's a better option than that for a venue. TBH, I think similar for the Hibs Women at the new Meadowbank.
    Agreed - both venues are poor and lack of facilities for fans like food and toilets. Meadowbank slightly better but still pretty crap.

Just a lack of decent facilities here for televised games that look the part. You need a capacity around 5000 but something which doesn’t look like Spartans or Oriam / Meadowbank.

It’s an issue for the women’s Scottish cup final too - playing it at Hampden which is exciting for players / coaches and probably some fans but doesn’t do anything for the occasion.

Spartans is fine for pretty much every game any women’s Scottish team will play. Zero point in having a 5000 stadium when they only get about 100 fans at most games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Spartans is fine for pretty much every game any women’s Scottish team will play. Zero point in having a 5000 stadium when they only get about 100 fans at most games.
    Meadowbank is more than sufficient size wise for every game outside the derbies, unfortunately it’s just an awful awful place to watch football.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I think while Spartans have obviously got decent enough facilities it’s camera position isn’t high enough up and still looks like a junior ground with eh barrier around it etc.

A proper 5000 seater with good facilities and parking would be a good venue for cup finals and national team games that aren’t going to bring in larger crowds. Build it somewhere like Stirling Uni where the grass pitch / track is and you would good better crowds for cup finals etc.

Obviously over time if Hibs (moving to training centre new pitch) and Hearts want to improve they will need to improve their facilities for fans (which aren’t Tynie and ER).

Oriam / Meadowbank / Spartans just don’t sell the league on tv / YouTube etc.

didn't watch it but that's a great result for Hearts beating Rangers 1-0, first ever win against a top three side

Montrose 2 Aberdeen 3
    Celtic 1 Hibernian 0
    Spartans 2 Motherwell 2
    Glasgow City 4 Partick Thistle 1
    Hamilton Accies 5 Dundee United 2
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 17-04-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    didn't watch it but that's a great result for Hearts beating Rangers 1-0, first ever win against a top three side

Montrose 2 Aberdeen 3
    Celtic 1 Hibernian 0
    Spartans 2 Motherwell 2
    Glasgow City 4 Partick Thistle 1
    Hamilton Accies 5 Dundee United 2
    Looking like they're getting stronger than us in the women's game as well as the men's.

Looking like they're getting stronger than us in the women's game as well as the men's.
    Good coach and good players. Been some odd comings and goings last few seasons at Hibs.

I see Paul Greig has been announced as the new Livingston manager.

That will be a loss to the Hibs girls academy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

He’s not been involved much on the academy side - the womens assistant manager is in charge of the academy. Maybe Paul felt he was moving more to the community side of things?

@hibs.net private member
    I always got on really well with Paul and sad to see him go.He just replied to me on twitter and confirmed he is still at Hibs. Good news. Doing this in his spare time
    Last edited by wookie70; 19-04-2024 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

None of these roles are really full time. He's managed / coached dozens of teams in the last few years.

FT's

Hibernian 0 Glasgow City 1
    Partick Thistle 1 Rangers 3
    Dundee United 1 Aberdeen 5
    Hamilton Accies 0 Spartans 3
    Motherwell 2 Montrose 1
    Celtic 5 Hearts 0