hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 257 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They highlighted how bad the St Johnstone defenders have been before the Aberdeen game on Sunday.

I’m amazed that there’s any suggestion of signing any of them based on the analysis they did before that game.

The fact he is captaining them at 22 means absolutely nothing IMO.
    If we let in 4 our defence is murder....yet we should be looking at St J players? Some people on the forum have a real masochistic way of supporting our team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We've been overran most games this season due to a poor midfield, last couple of games we've went to a diamond which exposes our full backs and stretches our defence. Once we get a proper balance and some extra pace in the team, we'll be fine.
    Totally agree. Noticed it a few times at the weekend. Lewis got dragged in a little which resulted in Hanlon having to go wide to cover a run - and getting done as part of that. Its not quite right but its getting better. I really want a 352 back!

They highlighted how bad the St Johnstone defenders have been before the Aberdeen game on Sunday.

I’m amazed that there’s any suggestion of signing any of them based on the analysis they did before that game.

The fact he is captaining them at 22 means absolutely nothing IMO.
    I get your point but personally I rate Kerr.

I think it's worth noting that we got relegated with Stevenson and Hanlon at the back, and as is often cited, St Mirren went down with McGinn, McLean and Mallan in midfield.

Sometimes the sum of the whole means talented individuals get lost in the mire. Kerr is one of those IMO.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I get your point but personally I rate Kerr.

I think it's worth noting that we got relegated with Stevenson and Hanlon at the back, and as is often cited, St Mirren went down with McGinn, McLean and Mallan in midfield.

Sometimes the sum of the whole means talented individuals get lost in the mire. Kerr is one of those IMO.
    I’ve no problem us signing players from pish teams, in fact I’m all for it.

The analysis I saw of him as an individual though was pretty grim. I don’t watch much of St Johnstone so if that analysis of him wasn’t accurate then fair enough but they highlighted quite a few shockers he’s had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Totally agree. Noticed it a few times at the weekend. Lewis got dragged in a little which resulted in Hanlon having to go wide to cover a run - and getting done as part of that. Its not quite right but its getting better. I really want a 352 back!
    I too like 3-5-2 but where does Boyle, Horgan and Middleton fit in?

I’ve no problem us signing players from pish teams, in fact I’m all for it.

The analysis I saw of him as an individual though was pretty grim. I don’t watch much of St Johnstone so if that analysis of him wasn’t accurate then fair enough but they highlighted quite a few shockers he’s had this season.
    Fair play Bingo, can't say I saw it myself, just going on what I know of him more generally.

Regardless I highly doubt we're after a centre half anyway!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is less error prone than any other defender we have so I assume none of them fill you with confidence either? Efe had many excellent games as part of a back 4. I have no idea why people are trying to knock him down. When he was here he made by far the least errors of any of our defenders and was excellent in almost every game. I guess this bombscare tag from Celtic hasn't disappeared despite 86 games for Hibs, about 80 he was top class. Walks back into the side at right back or centre back.

Efe is more reliable than every defender outside the OF in our league.

I dont think Middleton fits in at all. I see Horgan as an impact player. Boyle can play the RWB - esp in games were we want to be more attacking.

St Johnstone that we scored 4 into recently?
    Yes, what’s your point caller?

I'd send Middleton back and go and get Mathew Kennedy back off the saints. Think he would be really good addition!

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I'm not knocking him, if you have twitter or followed me on twitter you would have seen my tweets about him and my defence off him when others were having a go. He doesn't fill me with confidence In the centre of a back 4 he isn't a right back but on the right of a back 3 he was superb.
    Never assume
    Why doesn't he fill you with confidence, though? He literally never let us down at the centre of a back 4 so that should be no different to a back 3.

He also had many, many excellent games at right back (benched Gray for some of the championship run in, many games while Gray was injured)

Why doesn't he fill you with confidence, though? He literally never let us down at the centre of a back 4 so that should be no different to a back 3.

He also had many, many excellent games at right back (benched Gray for some of the championship run in, many games while Gray was injured)
    I seen him skinned often enough to see he's not a right back. He really wasn;t very good at CB maybe the odd ocasion.

I like Ambrose i wonder why he hasn't been snapped up

I seen him skinned often enough to see he's not a right back. He really wasn;t very good at CB maybe the odd ocasion.

I like Ambrose i wonder why he hasn't been snapped up
    Maybe the odd occassion? Like the first half of last season maybe? Or the first half of our first season back up? Come on man, maybe the odd occassion? You cant be serious.

He really wasn't skinned often, no more than anyone else we've had at right back in that time. He had many excellent games at right back and many more at centre back.

Maybe the odd occassion? Like the first half of last season maybe? Or the first half of our first season back up? Come on man, maybe the odd occassion? You cant be serious.

He really wasn't skinned often, no more than anyone else we've had at right back in that time. He had many excellent games at right back and many more at centre back.
    He didn't
    I have made my opinion clear and it won't be changing

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    That young boy Hearts had on loan last season Jimmy Dunne was decent, complete knob but very good.
    Bit of a left field shout but I'd like to see us take a look at Dara O'Shea from West Brom at centre back. Has been outstanding for Ireland under 21s but can't get any game time at the Hawthorns. Much more highly regarded in Ireland than Jimmy Dunne.

On a completely unrelated note I see Anthony Stokes is a free agent again, has been let go by that Turkish Second Division club he was at. Still only 31, what a waste of a talent.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Come one now ....you arent allowed to point out the facts. Ask Porto if he thinks he's better than Hanlon. Hanlon gets out run by a striker - he's garbage. Porto makes a rash challenge after being caught wrong side - MOTM.

Paul Hanlon had a poor start to the season for his high standards. He has been easily as good as any other CB outside of Celtic for the last 6 weeks.
    Or Porto covers well to intercept the ball after Hanlon skinned by their centre forward. Don't think Porto had his best game Saturday looked a bit leggy however to me Hanlon needs to up his game markedly as he has IMO been poor this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Or Porto covers well to intercept the ball after Hanlon skinned by their centre forward. Don't think Porto had his best game Saturday looked a bit leggy however to me Hanlon needs to up his game markedly as he has IMO been poor this season.
    I thought he looked sluggish aswell. Wasn’t as sharp. Defends well from cross balls and reads the game. Got done by the striker but did well not to concede the pen. Think people forget he’s still young and playing in a position that mistakes are exposed. He’s going to make mistakes

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Moved on hopefully. Has been very poor value for money IMO given we paid a fee for him and he will presumably be on a decent wage to match.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Moved on hopefully. Has been very poor value for money IMO given we paid a fee for him and he will presumably be on a decent wage to match.
    I'm no Horgan fan tbh but he's purely a squad player who'll be on too much for his status, far too inconsistent, did well last 2 games but not enough in general.

He didn't
    I have made my opinion clear and it won't be changing
    So you have this opinion that cant change but present nothing to back it up. Give me 5 poor games he had as part of a back 4. If you do, I'll change my opinion.

So you have this opinion that cant change but present nothing to back it up. Give me 5 poor games he had as part of a back 4. If you do, I'll change my opinion.
    Behave 😂😂

Behave 😂😂
    Thought so

Terrific in central defence. One of the best we've had

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Behave 😂😂
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I’d be interested to see 5 poor games Ambrose had at CB as well. He was an outstanding player for us and one of the best centre halves we’ve had this century imo.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    FWIW I can only think of two poor games from Efe Aberdeen away and Killie away out of position when Lenny played ten in midfield hoping for a draw apart from that I think he mostly got away with it

Class act but looks like that ship has sailed

Should never have left and should have signed the improved contract

Thought so

Terrific in central defence. One of the best we've had
    Thought what, that I have a different opinion to you regarding his best position. Already said he is magnificent in a back 3 not a back 4.
    Think you need to go after someone who really doesn't rate him 👍.

You can disagree all you like that's football

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I’d be interested to see 5 poor games Ambrose had at CB as well. He was an outstanding player for us and one of the best centre halves we’ve had this century imo.
    Well said 👍

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Thought what, that I have a different opinion to you regarding his best position. Already said he is magnificent in a back 3 not a back 4.
    Think you need to go after someone who really doesn't rate him 👍.

You can disagree all you like that's football
    Well argued.

Mcgeouch not in the squad again for Sunderland, seems way out of the picture down there.

Him, Allan and Hallberg would be interesting in the middle of the park

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Mcgeouch not in the squad again for Sunderland, seems way out of the picture down there.

Him, Allan and Hallberg would be interesting in the middle of the park
    No McNulty in the squad either?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    No McNulty in the squad either?
    Sure he has a hamstring injury .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH