hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ryan Fraser

Ryan Fraser

Very interesting article about Ryan Fraser - it was from last week so apologies if it has already been posted.

He's had more Premier League goals this season than Dele Alli and Mesut Ozil. More Premier League assists than anybody bar Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen, who he moved level with on 12 after scoring in the 5-0 thumping of Brighton on Saturday.

Yet, when at Aberdeen as a 16 year old, he says "I got kicked a lot. I remember a couple of games where the cards were flying about everywhere. Inverness away - [Owain] Tudur Jones kicked me knee-high. I done two flips in the air and he got sent off. Richie Foran, I remember him. The ball wasn't even near me. He could have got sent off as well. There was a Hibs guy, I don't know who it was. He could have gone. There were a few more. Maybe it was because I was so young, so direct and my centre of gravity was so low. I suppose it was a compliment that people were kicking me."

Now it looks like he's going to get a transfer to one of the 'big' teams with Arsenal interested in buying him.

From a personal point of view, I think he's a cracking wee player and it's great that he is Scottish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47911774

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just 7 caps? Good news for Scotland though.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Can’t argue with those stats but can’t say I’ve ever really been impressed when he’s played for Scotland.

Suspect he’s found the right club at the right time for him, if he does get a move I really hope he’s a big success but I’ve got my doubts.

Was it Ian Murray that he was talking about? I always thought that was Fyvie that he smashed with that tackle but could be him he’s describing.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can’t argue with those stats but can’t say I’ve ever really been impressed when he’s played for Scotland.

Suspect he’s found the right club at the right time for him, if he does get a move I really hope he’s a big success but I’ve got my doubts.

Was it Ian Murray that he was talking about? I always thought that was Fyvie that he smashed with that tackle but could be him he’s describing.
    Can't remember who it was against but he had a very good game at RWB in a game where Scotland played very well.

It has been hard for any Scotland player to look good over the past few years as the team has often struggled.

There are some very decent players indeed available now though. We need to stop making excuses and start using them properly.

Think it was Ian Murray. If it was Fyvie he would have known and remembered, they played in the same Aberdeen youth teams and first team and are probably mates

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Murray definitely clattered Fyvie.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    Think it was Ian Murray. If it was Fyvie he would have known and remembered, they played in the same Aberdeen youth teams and first team and are probably mates
    It was Ian Murray that tackled Fyvie 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Murray definitely clattered Fyvie.
    Yep, happened right in front of me

Quote Originally Posted by AllyT View Post
    Yep, happened right in front of me
    He was out for months with a bad knee injury after that.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Him and Robertson have the potential of being a fantastic partnership down the left. Wish we had something on the right as well.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

I think it was Alan Maybury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I think it was Alan Maybury.
    I to think it was Alan maybury a late sliding tackle.

He's done alot better since leaving here and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 19-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He's done alot better since leaving her and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.
    Seems a bit harsh on his missus no?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He's done alot better since leaving her and taking care of himself. I remember reading his diet was terrible in Scotland and when he first went to England.
    Was she a feeder?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Seems a bit harsh on his missus no?

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Him and Robertson have the potential of being a fantastic partnership down the left. Wish we had something on the right as well.
    Paterson & Forrest?