hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Brad

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think it would be no less than Brad deserves to have a 48th minute applause this Sunday in our match against Celtic with “One Bradley Welsh” ringing around the stands.

That would be nice..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think it would be no less than Brad deserves to have a 48th minute applause this Sunday in our match against Celtic with “One Bradley Welsh” ringing around the stands.
    Just seen exact same post on Twitter word for word assuming it’s yourself. Good idea would be much appreciate by his friends and family in sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    The supporters are the lifeblood of the club. The players and managers come and go but the the fans never leave. Brad loved this club.. his charity was an inspiration to all.. maybe the club could show some love back..
    Sorry not for me. He did more than most to drag the reputation of my club down. Very sad for his family and friends but it's not Hibernian duty to do that.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Besties Debut View Post
    Do people like you actually exist or are you a pseudonym invented for the purposes of coming on the internet looking for reason to feel ''repulsed''
    When you see a 50 something former casual do you shake with moral indignation and inner rage or is that just your cyber persona?
    It’s sad and pathetic behaviour. Yes, i am repulsed by violence.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Sorry not for me. He did more than most to drag the reputation of my club down. Very sad for his family and friends but it's not Hibernian duty to do that.
    More than gangsters Gray and Duff. I do not think so.

BIG G

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    More than gangsters Gray and Duff. I do not think so.

BIG G
    If your going to mention these two don't forget David Rowland. A man a lot of the 20 somethings on here will never have heard off. The CCS of the Brad Welsh era don't have a monopoly on damaging the club's reputation. They were pussycats compared to some of the sinister boardroom figures who have darkened our door step

I think there are times when people should really stop and consider whether what they are about to post is appropriate at a moment in time. A couple of years ago myself and Brad had a relatively well documented difference of opinion on a few things that escalated and threatened to get out of hand. In the end it was resolved fairly amicably but I've been a bit wary of posting on this thread as I didn't want anything I said to be seen as hypocritical or taken out of context.

I really don't think this is the time or the place to debate the morals of the casual culture. If friends of Brad or others who knew him wish to organise a tribute to him then every individual can decide for themselves whether they wish to join in. It's a personal choice and really is that simple.

Ultimately people mourn the person they knew. My thoughts keep going back to his daughter who has lost her Dad, that is terribly sad and hits home with me. But further a group of boys and girls have lost their boxing coach, a lot of people in the schemes of Edinburgh have lost a guy who tried to give them a leg up when they needed it, food bank volunteers have lost a guy who collected on their behalf, others have lost their partner, brother, uncle and friend.

I hope this thread can continue in the way it was initially intended. Life isn't black and white and I'm sure there are people who see good and bad in all of us but there's a time and a place.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think there are times when people should really stop and consider whether what they are about to post is appropriate at a moment in time. A couple of years ago myself and Brad had a relatively well documented difference of opinion on a few things that escalated and threatened to get out of hand. In the end it was resolved fairly amicably but I've been a bit wary of posting on this thread as I didn't want anything I said to be seen as hypocritical or taken out of context.

I really don't think this is the time or the place to debate the morals of the casual culture. If friends of Brad or others who know him wish to organise a tribute to him then every individual can decide for themselves whether they wish to join in. It's a personal choice and really is that simple.

Ultimately people mourn the person they knew. My thoughts keep going back to his daughter who has lost her Dad, that is terribly sad and hits home with me. But further a group of boys and girls have lost their boxing coach, a lot of people in the schemes of Edinburgh have lost a guy who tried to give them a leg up when they needed it, food bank volunteers have lost a guy who collected on their behalf, others have lost their partner, brother, uncle and friend.

I hope this thread can continue in the way it was initially intended. Life isn't black and white and I'm sure there are people who see good and bad in all of us but there's a time and a place.

RIP.
    Well said 👍

I really don't think this is the time or the place to debate the morals of the casual culture. If friends of Brad or others who know him wish to organise a tribute to him then every individual can decide for themselves whether they wish to join in. It's a personal choice and really is that simple.

RIP.
    very well put,bang on the money m8!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

I really don't think this is the time or the place to debate the morals of the casual culture. If friends of Brad or others who knew him wish to organise a tribute to him then every individual can decide for themselves whether they wish to join in. It's a personal choice and really is that simple.

RIP.
    Very well said no other words required.
    RIP Brad

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

RIP.
    Well said PB, no need to drag up anything from the past, thoughts are going out to his close family and friends at this moment.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08859812891414

Apologies if this has already been posted but it shows Brad as the force of nature he clearly was.

Do people like you actually exist or are you a pseudonym invented for the purposes of coming on the internet looking for reason to feel ''repulsed''
    When you see a 50 something former casual do you shake with moral indignation and inner rage or is that just your cyber persona?
    Last edited by Coco Bryce; 19-04-2019 at 08:49 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Never knew him personally but the city has lost a good man who done so much to help those less fortunate than others, RIP.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    I think something organised by the fans would suit best keeps club away from controversy. And the people that matter the fans and people of Edinburgh shows what brad meant to us

This, those who want to support it will and those who don’t can stay silent!!

@hibs.net private member
    Should have a food bank collection on the last day of the season in his memory.

First Team Breakthrough
    RIP Brad

Admins:

Would it be possible to move all the posts related to discussions on whether or not there should be a tribute at the games, etc, to another (dedicated) thread?

Just to keep this one for it's intended purpose, as it's not really the place for those discussions

Left by mutual consent!
    Outstanding. His family will love this. This will be going ahead I hear.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Every human being on this earth has good and bad in them. Bradley probably took this to both ends of the spectrum. The important thing is though, in his recent years he's done a massive amount of good and helped people who were struggling and desperate. That's how he should be remembered.

It's a desperate time for his family and friends. RIP Bradley.

I was close to Brad and I still cannot believe he's gone

The tributes on here and on Social Media speak for themselves.

Foodbanks, free bikes for kids at Xmas, free kids football, free kids boxing, a kids football festival, support for adults who are struggling etc etc etc

He still had so much energy and so much to give...……..tragic what happened

I was due to meet up with him on Sunday before the game against Celtic...….so it will be a difficult occasion for me. Anyway, I do hope there is a 48th minute applause for Brad on Sunday. I'm sure both sets of fans will join in.

I (and countless others) will never forget him.

RIP Bradley

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post

Foodbanks, free bikes for kids at Xmas, free kids football, free kids boxing, a kids football festival, support for adults who are struggling etc etc etc

I was due to meet up with him on Sunday before the game against Celtic...….so it will be a difficult occasion for me. Anyway, I do hope there is a 48th minute applause for Brad on Sunday. I'm sure both sets of fans will join in.

RIP Bradley
    He was a fantastic, giving person mate. Genuine too. Chin up GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post

RIP Bradley
    I'll respect the Man on Sunday he done some great things and not so great things but Hibs through and through that'll do for me.
    God bless Brad and condolences to your family and friends.
    For ever and ever!!

[QUOTE=Since452;5767544]Sorry not for me. He did more than most to drag the reputation of my club down. Very sad for his family and friends but it's not Hibernian duty to do that.[/QUOTE Sorry but I tend to take a more pragmatic view of this.. there by " the grace of God" the likes of me and my peers could easily been drawn into the "casuals" situation, had we been in that era. Me, and my mates 15/18 years older were all travelling to games regularly. never formed a group looking for trouble, but never ran if challenged . as far as I know, Bradley had turned things round, and I do know he ran a boxing club, dragging young lads off the street and giving some of them a purpose and direction. for that he must be commended. more will come out, regarding his demise but him and his young family did not deserve what has happened. RIP Bradley Welsh.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Can people not take this stuff to another thread and respect the purpose of this one ?
    My thoughts exactly. The thread title is quite clear. If there’s to be a speculative side discussion best to leave it for another thread and day.

Many of us who have grown up around his era will have our own thoughts. Not sure of the value of discussing here - if folks want a tribute (as with other folks) have a tribute it’s a free world with people to do as they please.

My condolences to his family.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 20-04-2019 at 07:59 AM.

It's been asked before but can we keep speculation and rumour off this thread.

There is a thread in the Holy Ground that is more generally about the incident.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...22#post5767722

Perhaps the newspaper speculation is best discussed in there? It's obviously a developing story and new information and stories will come to light but this thread, or the main football forum, isn't the place for that discussion.

Nobody wants this thread closed but your cooperation is required to keep it open.

Thanks.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Never knew the man but from what I’ve heard and read seems like a inspirational character who will be sorely missed..

I also think a minutes tribute would mean a lot to his family and friends and I personally would participate..

To the angels high above..GGTTH

RIP

@hibs.net private member
    Plenty minutes applauses have been done for people in the past that none of us know anything about, their background or what they got up to in the past etc. Tomorrow, if some fans want to do one for Brad then I for one will join them. If you don’t want to then don’t, it’s not that difficult.

@hibs.net private member
    I think fans should be perfectly free to initiate their own minute of applause. It’s not for me and I won’t be joining in. Each to their own.

Hibs as a club are doing nothing official as it would be a PR disaster if they did. The tributes tomorrow will be led by the fans 99% of whom won’t have a clue about the man they are actually applauding.
    Exactly.