hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vanguard Bears, Orange = Protestant

Apparently

Funnily enough, a couple of posters on here were trying to push the same logic a couple of days ago.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 18-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm not even going to read it. Poisonous
    ****s

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even going to read it. Poisonous
    ****s

It's an article from The Herald.

'It comes after the council made the decision to reroute a planned parade involving the Apprentice Boys of Derry which had planned to pass St Alphonsus church, were parish priest Cannon Tom White was spat at during an Orange Walk last year.

Taking to Twitter to announce the move, the Vanguard Bears wrote: "Meet at 12.30pm on April 27 at George Square, Glasgow to protest against discrimination of our culture.

"Enough is enough."

The statement from the SPAD (Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination) said: "The decision taken yesterday by Glasgow City Council and Police Scotland is a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of
    Scotland and in doing so have created a 'No Go Area' for Protestants. "

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I am Protestant but certainly don’t live by their beliefs, they are orange bigots nothing more and nothing less. They certainly don’t talk for the Protestants of Scotland and their arrogance to think they do is outrageous

As a Protestant, I don't feel my culture's being discriminated against.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

You're obviously doing it wrong.

Guess I'll have to buy tangerines instead.

what a bunch of erses. They seem confused. Is it discrimination against a religion or against their “culture”? Some of the comments on the article are mind numbing.

Left by mutual consent!
    They seem oblivious to the reasons the march is getting diverted. Mind you spitting on priests is probably not a big deal to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    You're obviously doing it wrong.

I have a feeling these guys wouldn't class me as one of their own.

Shame.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm an atheist who used to be a protestant but gave up because of these vanguard types .

If they get on okay with their protest I might start up again and set up SPUD for those who feel under discrimination and look, feel or think like a potato.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I'm an atheist who used to be a protestant but gave up because of these vanguard types .

If they get on okay with their protest I might start up again and set up SPUD for those who feel under discrimination and look, feel or think like a potato.

Can I join, please?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I am Protestant but certainly don’t live by their beliefs, they are orange bigots nothing more and nothing less. They certainly don’t talk for the Protestants of Scotland and their arrogance to think they do is outrageous
    Well said, pal. I was raised Catholic, though I'm now atheist, and draw a sharp distinction between mainstream Protestants and the Orange Order. The latter basically don't want Catholics here and see Scotland as exclusively Protestant, as we all know. They are a throwback to the Reformation era and continue to fight four hundred year old battles. Total idiots who, thankfully, are on the wane.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I understand they're a group of Rangers fans, but really, WTF is the footballing connection here?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Well said, pal. I was raised Catholic, though I'm now atheist, and draw a sharp distinction between mainstream Protestants and the Orange Order. The latter basically don't want Catholics here and see Scotland as exclusively Protestant, as we all know. They are a throwback to the Reformation era and continue to fight four hundred year old battles. Total idiots who, thankfully, are on the wane.
    Spot on 👍

Can I join, please?
    If you've got an apron, a goat and a pechant for being ruled by camp looking dutch men who wear wigs and make up you're in.

If there's enough interest we'll get a lodge going and sing about events from centuries ago that we don't really understand that happened in countries we've never been to.

Religion, who'd have thought it could be so much fun?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I understand they're a group of Rangers fans, but really, WTF is the footballing connection here?
    If those 2 "footballing" clubs didn't exist, they probably wouldn't either in 2019.

I was brought up protestant, sort off, but can't remember the bit that said this meant being part of the Orange Order.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of Scotland

not in my name, you shower of bigoted sectarian s***e, utter filth, it's the 21st century you apron-wearing goat-interfering neanderthals
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 18-04-2019 at 08:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Agree 100%, except your use of "think" in the last sentence. Can't use that word in connection with them. "Shout", "spew", would be ok ?

If you've got an apron, a goat and a pechant for being ruled by camp looking dutch men who wear wigs and make up you're in.

If there's enough interest we'll get a lodge going and sing about events from centuries ago that we don't really understand that happened in countries we've never been to.

Religion, who'd have thought it could be so much fun?

Oh, I didn't realise there were Goats, or dodgy Dutch guys, involved.

I'll just pass, then.

Oh, I didn't realise there were Goats, or dodgy Dutch guys, involved.

I'll just pass, then.
    Sounds like you've not been listening to the songs

Sir Matt Busby

Most of these jokers are not religious in the slightest. Not one single rangers supporter I know from my youth attended church, I should know as I attended regular in the BB’s.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I’m Christened Church of Scotland. (No choice in that matter, live life as an atheist). But those morons can go **** themselves.

J

You just couldn’t make it up!!

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    These bampots are as committed to the Protestant branch of the Christian faith as Craig Levein is to Hibs. Their pretence to use religion as some kind of justification for hating others reveals a staggering ignorance of the same faith they claim to follow. But being the peurile tossers that they are they can't see the embarrassing irony in any of it. They also must have very small willies - guaranteed!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If the whole point of your culture is to "get right up the kafflics" then with all respect f@@@ the right off

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

One of the conditions attached to Orange Order marches or similar is that they stop playing when passing places of worship to avoid inciting trouble. Last year someone spectating at the march assaulted a member of the public going about his everyday business outside a place of worship.

This isn't a discrimination against Protestant culture (or even against a small fraternal organisation within Protestantism). It's a measure to protect the public from people who can't control themselves around a Catholic Church.

It's very sad really. I'll be attending an ecumenical Stations of The Cross tonight jointly organised by the local Catholic, Church of Scotland, Episcopalian and Baptist Church whilst later this month others will be marching about singing songs of hatred. I think I know who' gets' the message of Easter and who doesn't.

@hibs.net private member

SPUD eh? That sounds a-peeling

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    One of the conditions attached to Orange Order marches or similar is that they stop playing when passing places of worship to avoid inciting trouble. Last year someone spectating at the march assaulted a member of the public going about his everyday business outside a place of worship.

This isn't a discrimination against Protestant culture (or even against a small fraternal organisation within Protestantism). It's a measure to protect the public from people who can't control themselves around a Catholic Church.

It's very sad really. I'll be attending an ecumenical Stations of The Cross tonight jointly organised by the local Catholic, Church of Scotland, Episcopalian and Baptist Church whilst later this month others will be marching about singing songs of hatred. I think I know who' gets' the message of Easter and who doesn't.

This.

Never understood their mentality - how can you be a Protestant Atheist? I'd wager plenty of these idiots haven't been in a church other than for weddings or funerals.